I never should have ventured off this forum...

Options
13»

Replies

• dmariet116
    dmariet116 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    dmariet116 wrote: »
    kind of like most of the main forum here on MFP who say that only CICO matter.

A genuine question asked in a friendly way: what other mechanism can cause weight loss? I see people who don't believe in CICO quite often but to me its logic. I can't think of any other system of anatomy that would cause weight loss??

True the basic weight loss concept comes down to CICO, but WHAT you eat can affect so many processes in your body.

For example, look at fructose and glucose. Let's say you eat only fruit and sugars. Fructose and glucose are both found in table sugar. They are also both present in HFCS.

The issue with fructose is that unlike glucose, the cells do not immediately use it for energy. In fact, it is absorbed in the small intestine and goes straight to the liver, where it is converted into fat. This is why there is a condition called non-alcoholic fatty liver. It has to do with excess consumption of the sugar fructose.

I was vegan for over 10 years. I was overweight most of that time. Even when my "weight" was under control, my "FAT" wasn't. I had no muscle tone. I was a skinny fat person.

It is possible to lose WEIGHT with CICO but it is not always possible to lose FAT. If that makes sense. :)