POLL: WW membership?

Options
lilybbbbb
lilybbbbb Posts: 88 Member
Are you a currently a member?
Has the SmartPoints program affected your membership status decision?
Has the elimination of message boards affected your membership status decision? (Yes, I know you could access without being a member.)

Replies

• glennowill
    glennowill Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    1. No, haven't been for over a year.
    2. Yes, greatly. Just kidding.
    3. Sad to see them go, but I like this new home just fine!
  • linmueller
    linmueller Posts: 1,354 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'm a meeting member.
    No, but it took me a few months to get the hang of the SP program.
    No, and it's actually given me a KITA. I got reconnected with GoaD and am more solidly OP today then I have been in months. It's 5 weeks and still going strong.
  • countcurt
    countcurt Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Yes. Because I'm a lifetimer. So my 'free' participation online lasts until 2021 right now.
    No. Because I mostly intuit. So I really haven't bothered to learn it.
    No. Because it's largely irrelevant to my membership status.

I do go to at least one meeting monthly. For now. Continuing that is independent of how I manage my weight. But if I completely unlatch from WWonline, I may find less interest in the meetings. We shall see.
  • Philtex
    Philtex Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Like Steve, I'm Lifetime so my membership continues as long as I WI each month, which is my only tie to WW at this point. I never switched to SmartPoints.
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    Technically I am a lifetime member, but I don't pay the monthly fees. I attend a monthly lifetimers meeting and pay as I go until I am back to goal. I find that meeting helpful and worth the $15
  • MurpleCat
    MurpleCat Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Not a member.
    But not because of SmartPoints.
    And not really because of the message boards, either. Sad to lose some of the functions, but happy with MFP as a substitute.
  • crewahl
    crewahl Posts: 4,003 Member
    Options
    1. Yes.

2. Well, it moved me from "heck, yeah" to "yeah". It's the first WW program for me that's mostly a diet. In other words, they no longer say "eat what you want; here's the bill." Now it's more "eat this; don't eat that." There's still enough flexility that I can ignore them - but I'm not sure I'd have succeeded originally on thus program.

3. No; it really just confirmed a lot of what I thought about WW as a business.
  • misterhub
    misterhub Posts: 6,312 Member
    Options
    1. I dropped my membership a few months ago.
    2. Purely financial.
    3. No.
  • Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 8,149 Member
    Options
    Yes. No. No.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,491 Member
    Options
    Yes because I'm a freeloader lifetimer

No. I go my own way.

No. I go to my meeting & WI monthly. Intend to keep it up.
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,232 Member
    Options
    1. Yes and plan to STAY a member b/c every other time I quit after losing weight I gained it all back plus more.
    2. I embraced SP and BTS and have lost weight consistently the last 7 months.
    3. I liked the BBs but change/progress is inevitable DEAL WITH IT!

• goldenfrisbee
    goldenfrisbee Posts: 1,640 Member
    Options
    No, not for at least 6 months
    Never tried SP
    My favorite thing about WW was the GoaD board.
    Now I'm tracking using MFP and it is easy enough that I don't mind it at all. I used to do Simply Filling because I didn't want to track. But I'm finding that tracking here is keeping me more mindful.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,967 Member
    Options
    I have been lifetime and at goal for seven years, but I didn't weigh in in July.

Haven't counted points in almost seven years.

The elimination of the message boards drove my severing relations with WW. They closed the meeting I attended to lose weight, so my only WW friends were those I had made online. When they closed down the boards, I had no more reason to associate with the company. The GOAD and Men's Health boards on MFP are filling the void just fine.
  • Calvin2008Brian
    Calvin2008Brian Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    No, not for a long time.

No. I honestly can't remember if I was ever a paying member during the SmartPoints era.

No.
  • shenry111
    shenry111 Posts: 4,149 Member
    Options
    I joined WW in 2009, and dropped 30+ pounds pretty easily. Then, life got in the way in 2010, or rather the loss of my son, and I put it all back on, plus. If I had not been running, I would have gained 100 pounds.

Once they changed the point system, I really lost interest. By that time, I had discovered Fitbit, and was tracking my food there. Now, I'm tracking my food here.

I dropped my membership due to money when I changed jobs. Then I realized how much I missed my friends on the boards. I had not ever tried the free way in, and I thought I'd give WW a 2nd try. Just after I did that, they took away the boards. I cancelled my membership, and now I'm here. Frankly, since all of my friends are here, I don't see how I'll miss WW at all.

PS: I've dropped 5 pounds since coming here! :)
  • susan092907
    susan092907 Posts: 364 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I'm a free Lifetime member. I check in once a month to weigh-in at a WW center. I have free etools until May 2021.

I don't use the free etools because the smartpoints plan drove me to tracking here, after a really good 3 month try to make it work. It's the first time in 45 years that I've used a system other than WW for weight management.

So far neither the elimination of the boards nor the change in plan has kept me from keeping up my free Lifetime membership. I'll see how that goes in the future.
  • jasper60103
    jasper60103 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Yes, WW lifetime member and weigh-in monthly.
    No, thankfully I made lifetime long before SP.
    And no, I occasionally visit the MB, but no real attachment.
  • Jerdtrmndone
    Jerdtrmndone Posts: 5,719 Member
    Options
    Yes Lifetimer
    No the SP program took to many pts. away plus all the pt. increases.
    No I also have good support here.
  • MICHGOLFER2
    MICHGOLFER2 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    1) Yes.
    2) No. The SP program works well for me, when I follow it.
    3) No.
  • 0ysterboy
    0ysterboy Posts: 192 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    1-NO
    2-NO, left WW when they were using PP+
    3-I find this board an apt replacement