Challenges

Options
I didn't see anyone's "good bye" pics yesterday?

Replies

• kimpacheco22
    kimpacheco22 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Most people had already cleaned out their pantries, and they shared their stories in the original group.
  • kimpacheco22
    Options
    THURSDAY CHALLENGE: Share what you will treat yourself with when you reach your goals.

My husband and will be treating ourselves to a cruise!

vef1knd9dw5i.jpg
  • Skyygraphx
    Skyygraphx Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Once I hit my goal I'm going to splurge on the next section of my "family matriarch" tattoo. I've been putting it off because it goes around my upper arm and I want to be toned and fit before I get it. B)
  • RosslandMTBr
    RosslandMTBr Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I have been saving money for a year to go on a clothes shopping spree. I have saved birthday and Christmas money and then I also have entered a couple of diet bets and I am going to add those winnings to the fund as well. My goal is to get to my goal weight by New Years and then it is shopping time!!! I haven't done much in the way of shopping in a couple years (except for maternity clothes) so I am very lacking in the clothes department.
    THURSDAY CHALLENGE: Share what you will treat yourself with when you reach your goals.

My husband and will be treating ourselves to a cruise!

vef1knd9dw5i.jpg

The trip sounds amazing. Is it already booked? Where are you going? I really want to go on a trip for my 30th birthday (which is in fall of 2017) but I'm not sure if it will pan out because I'm not sure who will watch my kids. And taking a 3 year old and a 1 year old doesn't sound as fun.

• jenniebean310
    jenniebean310 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Well I already had to splurge & buy some clothes (because they were literally falling off) but I'll need to do it again when I reach the end. A trip sounds great and if we can I would love to do that as well but I'd be more than satisfied with the everyday happiness of clothes that aren't severely outdated & still fit.
  • Scorpio8402
    Scorpio8402 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Tattoo and new clothes!!
  • akmomof7
    akmomof7 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I hadn't really thought about it, but most likely I will buy myself a serger sewing machine. I have been coveting one since I started sewing more kids clothes, and I could use it to sew some one of a kind pieces for me too!
  • Thafethik
    Thafethik Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm going to buy new clothes and a trip back to algeria
  • kimpacheco22
    Options
    @akmomof7 sorry, off topic, but I need some sewing advice. Last year I hand sewed name labels on my kids clothes for school, but I've been looking at some handheld sewing machines. You think it will serve the same purpose?
  • kimpacheco22
    Options
    @FarahAmrane oh yeah definitely new clothes for me too! I don't think I'd look cute in my current clothes once I lose my 70 pounds. Lol
  • kimpacheco22
    Options
    @Scorpio8402 ooooh new tattoo! Good idea.
  • kimpacheco22
    Options
    @jenniebean310 I've been wearing the same 7 outfits to work for the past three years because I refuse to get comfy
  • jmroemer
    jmroemer Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Never really thought about it but I would néed new clothes, but I think I would specifically buy new bathing suits and a stand up paddle board, because my family and I go to a lake a lot on the weekends and I think that would be fun for next summer
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I don't know. We're all about the practical and our budget is really tight.

I need more professional clothes for my new job, and I am looking forward to smaller sizes. I'm mostly a large now in tops and (due to my problem area being the "apron" lower belly) 14/16 bottom.

I was barely fitting into 18's and needed 2x last year. BoYA!

At some point I'd like to buy and feel confidant in something sexy for my hubs. ;)
  • jenniebean310
    jenniebean310 Posts: 60 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    @kimpacheco22 I feel ya', they hit a point for me where I had to do some wardrobe changes but when I hit the final goal & bring sexy back it'll come again.
  • kimpacheco22
    Options
    @bbgraine I haven't booked anything yet. We're still setting money aside, but my husband would like to go to Cancun. I was thinking of joining a diet bet. Any suggestions on which ones are worth it?
  • kimpacheco22
    edited August 2016
    Options
    FRIDAY CHALLENGE: Share your favorite cheat meal. While it's okay to treat yourself to a cheat meal, it's not okay to cheat everyday. Lol. Let's commit to rewarding ourselves only when we have reached our short term goals.

PIZZA! I love pizza!!! And it never fails, every weekend we order pizza. I pledge not to order pizza this weekend.
  • BohemianTanya
    BohemianTanya Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    French fries! I can't be trusted around French fries! So I suppose my cheat meal would be A big juicy burger on a pretzel bun with a side of french fries.
  • RosslandMTBr
    RosslandMTBr Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    @bbgraine I haven't booked anything yet. We're still setting money aside, but my husband would like to go to Cancun. I was thinking of joining a diet bet. Any suggestions on which ones are worth it?

If you want to lose at least 10% of your body weight than the transformer ones are awesome (I am in 3☺️). You have 6 months to lose the weight but there are monthly goals that you need to hit. The largest amount you have to lose in a month is 3 per cent which I am usually able to lose. The one month ones are a 4 per cent loss and I find those ones much harder. I have done 2 of them and lost one and won one. So far I haven't lost any rounds of my transformers. Plus I think the pay out is a lot better. I think it's about $300 for a $125 bet. But we shall see. My first one ends next month.