Diet Coke yay or nay?

Options

Replies

• lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Yay for me on the cherry Coke Zero! It satisfies my sweet tooth.
  • Standsfast
    Standsfast Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I hardly ever find cherry Coke Zero. Probably good because I could drink it all day long. I limit myself to buying only 2 bottles when I do find it. I don't know if it adversely affects me. I just figure plain water is better for me.
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different, but being diabetic (now pre-diabetic as I have made progress through cutting carbs), I know Diet Dr Pepper was affecting my BG readings by about 10 pts. I cut them out for a while and then when I brought them back in, my readings went right back up. I have been religiously logging everything since I was diagnosed, so it was easy for me to pinpoint this change.

I have talked to others who say it has not affected them, so I do think this is not something you can claim is 100% across the board.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Ha! I just came across this in a comic book.
    1isux3b407wn.jpg
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    @Sunny_Bunny_ oh that is too funny!!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    I like a diet A&W root beer occasionally (best tasting diet pop to me) but generally speaking, I drink water, coffee (black and with heavy cream or sometimes half and half), and Lacroix naturally flavored sparkling water (1-2 cans per day) in lime or orange. I don't have any real problem with artificial sweetners, but don't enjoy the taste of most diet pop. I used to love Pepsi One, the replacement, Pepsi Max, just isn't the same.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    I hate Diet Coke, but I do drink absurd amounts of Cherry, Vanilla, and regular Coke Zero.
  • RowdysLady
    Options
    I like a diet A&W root beer occasionally (best tasting diet pop to me)

Isn't A&W just decadent? It's like a candy to me!
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    RowdysLady wrote: »

I love their diet cream soda, omg now I'm sad I don't have any :( it's delicious mixed with fireball too
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    RowdysLady wrote: »

Throw in a tablespoon or two of whipped heavy cream and it's like a float!
  • Zenwenner
    Zenwenner Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I wonder how much artificial sweetener it might take to throw off weight loss.

I don't consume a lot of it...at most 4 packets of sweet n'low in a day, but usually only 2. Once in awhile I have a sugar free jello. Very occasionally I have a Coke Zero, though I might have diet pop more often if I ever came across Cherry Coke Zero! That sounds great. Haven't seen it here in Canada, though.

Do you think such small amounts could affect anything?
  • RowdysLady
    Options
    I think that's individualized to the person. For me that wouldn't throw me off.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Options
    Zenwenner wrote: »
    I wonder how much artificial sweetener it might take to throw off weight loss.

I don't consume a lot of it...at most 4 packets of sweet n'low in a day, but usually only 2. Once in awhile I have a sugar free jello. Very occasionally I have a Coke Zero, though I might have diet pop more often if I ever came across Cherry Coke Zero! That sounds great. Haven't seen it here in Canada, though.

Do you think such small amounts could affect anything?

I drink 6-12 cans per day, to no ill effect. Not sure how much more one can reasonably consume. Heh.
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I, too, indulge in diet Pepsi and a&w...and I too, do not log it. I feel so...dirty. :D;)
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    I hate Diet Coke, but I do drink absurd amounts of Cherry, Vanilla, and regular Coke Zero.

Word.
    Diet Coke is nasty.
    Cherry Coke Zero......drooooool. I have a quarter bottle of Coke Zero in the fridge. Guess what happened to the rest of it. :wink:
  • dancing_daisy
    dancing_daisy Posts: 162 Member
    Options

I drink 6-12 cans per day, to no ill effect. .

6-12?!?!?! Surely not! When do you find time to do anything else? lol
  • Gallowmere1984
    edited September 2016
    Options

I drink 6-12 cans per day, to no ill effect. .

6-12?!?!?! Surely not! When do you find time to do anything else? lol

I lift twice per day, work in an extremely hot environment, I usually wear a hoodie, and I am on thermogenics. I shed water like a slave on a Roman warship. Pair that with the fact that all of my liquid intake comes from Coke Zero and protein shakes, and it seems less absurd.

If anything, I probably need to drink more of them. ;)
  • LolaDeeDaisy23
    LolaDeeDaisy23 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I always preferred Coke Zero to Diet Coke. But because I couldn't tell the difference between the two when I ordered out, I started ordering Diet Coke. Now that's my go to drink.
  • Working2BLean
    Working2BLean Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Sometimes that nice Diet Coke or Pepsi taste is just what I crave!

I slam a few every once in a while.

Seems to have not killed me yet. I don't claim to know what the supposed health risk is of 4 cans of Diet Coke a week though.

So far so good!

And oh yeah on A&W root beer

IBC diet cream soda or root beer is yummy as well!
  • moonlights
    moonlights Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I have about 4 cans a day with no problem. I hate water so all my liquid intake is sugar free fizzy drinks or tea (I drink a LOT of tea)