Replies

• toadqueen
    toadqueen Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Wonderful news!
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    My gosh your triglycerides are SO low. Amazing!!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I am pumped for sure. It was here where I first heard to expect a cholesterol bump possibility.

Not sure if it applies to all but at a 65 year old male when total cholesterol drops below 200 death risks starts to tick up with the 200-240 level as the sweet spot in my case.

Now I expect it may be three years before we need hit the panic button over our numbers. As others have noted with high HDL numbers the LDL should have more and more "fluffy" cholesterol in its make up.
  • Shadowmf023
    Shadowmf023 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Looks fantastic!

I'm not getting tested for mine. Doctors are too stupid around here. If I die eating this way, then I died eating bacon and eggs at least. :lol:
  • MyriiStorm
    MyriiStorm Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I think my numbers helped her better understand the first year of LCHF sending Cholesterol through the roof is NORMAL for some. I refused statins last year because I knew it was normal to shot up because the body takes a while to stop producing high cholesterol that is produced to protect against high inflammation.

LCHF required a step of faith with the cholesterol going thought the roof after the first year in my case but it is working giving me better general health.
    Thank you for posting this, Gale! I did not realize that cholesterol may rise the first year, and that it is a normal occurrence. I'm due to have more blood work done in October, so now I won't freak out if my numbers haven't improved. :)

And good for you for sticking to this WOE, and sticking to your guns with the medical professionals!!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing @GaleHawkins. I skipped my annual physical this year believing that my cholesterol would not "look good" due to dietary changes and information I have read that concurs with what you indicate. Thanks!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »
    Thanks for sharing @GaleHawkins. I skipped my annual physical this year believing that my cholesterol would not "look good" due to dietary changes and information I have read that concurs with what you indicate. Thanks!

@kpk54 you are welcome. Skipping last year was not an option because I had a life insurance policy renewing. With a cholesterol level of 404 that went over like a lead balloon needless to say.

Moral of the story is while my extreme numbers seems to be rare if it does happen just be aware it can impact our options. So many health insurance companies are requiring annual wellness exams today. I am glad my first to years of LCHF are behind me for that reason because I have one of those wellness exams coming up before Feb 2017.
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Hey that's great! Really good news. :)