Before Christmas 2016

Options

Replies

• treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I don't think you would demotivate anyone....we all have personal goals. I try hard not to compare me to anyone else as we all walk in different shoes :smile:

just do tje best I can everyday and everyday try and do a bit better than the day before
  • MoonKat7
    MoonKat7 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    well good think we are kicking *kitten* !

I went out and bought a christmas outfit today. I bought it too tight should be perfect for christmas. i went down another size in my jeans ...yay. and I had a single letter d in my bra size!! the last bra I bought was ddd and before that was g burnt today so I took a rest day.

how is your weekend going ?

anyone else still around?

Yay you're doing a great job. Stay focused!

My weekend was crazy. Car problems my dad's car and my car needed snow tires and alignment plus dad wanted to go to Costco etc. It was busy it was crazy I still have few things need to shop as tomorrow we are starting a new diet.

I can't find shirataki noodles it suppose to be zero cal made from konjac yam. Goodness me says it has it I'll check today.

And I have to plan for this week classes. Put the outdoor and indoor Christmas decorations so yeah I'm running like a hamster lol

How's your weekend?
  • MoonKat7
    Options

I went out and bought a christmas outfit today. I bought it too tight should be perfect for christmas. i went down another size in my jeans ...yay. and I had a single letter d in my bra size!! the last bra I bought was ddd and before that was g burnt today so I took a rest day.

I kind of stayed out of this one, because what I'm doing isn't exactly...fair, compared to normal dieting, and I didn't want to be demotivating to anyone.

Now I'm curious, what's your diet like?

I started this blog as low carb, I've been on low carb low fat high protein for a while. My stomach is sensitive to fatty food and gluten.
    A couple of weeks ago I found a new diet that is good for someone like me it's called fighter diet. My carbs will be higher than before but it's from veggies. Everyone here follow their own diet but we all have one goal lose body fat before Christmas.
    After Christmas we will set a new goal ;)
  • MoonKat7
    Options
  • MoonKat7
    Options
  • gorilita
    gorilita Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I am still here!!! Just slacking off logging because of Thanksgiving. I stayed away from potatoes and dessert but couldn't weigh my food. I figure if I am to guess my potions might not log in at all. Just done my shopping for the week. All meals are planned, workouts too. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday Ladies!
  • treehugnmama
    edited November 2016
    Options
    MoonKat7 wrote: »

My weekend was crazy. Car problems my dad's car and my car needed snow tires and alignment plus dad wanted to go to Costco etc. It was busy it was crazy I still have few things need to shop as tomorrow we are starting a new diet.

I can't find shirataki noodles it suppose to be zero cal made from konjac yam. Goodness me says it has it I'll check today.

And I have to plan for this week classes. Put the outdoor and indoor Christmas decorations so yeah I'm running like a hamster lol

How's your weekend?

shirataki noodles they have them at fresco here in with the hummus and such. crazy weekend here too!

my stomach has been bothering me a lot lately. I can't tolerate gluten either and eat veggies and fruit freely but no refined carbs and no potatoes. stomach is not happy with something I'm eating....off to cook for 14.

good luck moonkat on your new fighter diet...it sounds bad *kitten* lol!
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

I kind of stayed out of this one, because what I'm doing isn't exactly...fair, compared to normal dieting, and I didn't want to be demotivating to anyone.

I started this blog as low carb, I've been on low carb low fat high protein for a while. My stomach is sensitive to fatty food and gluten.
    A couple of weeks ago I found a new diet that is good for someone like me it's called fighter diet. My carbs will be higher than before but it's from veggies. Everyone here follow their own diet but we all have one goal lose body fat before Christmas.

About a 1900 kcal/day deficit counting activity (1250 kcal, lifting 4x week, and walking 5-8 miles per day), 80-90% protein, trace carbs and fats, Orange Triad, creatine, EFAs, calcium, and that's pretty much it. Started the cut about six days ago, and am down roughly 8 lbs. scale (168-160), 1.5" on the waist, and calipers down about 0.5mm, which is actually huge for me, as my loose skin makes cals measure thin on me anyway.
  • MoonKat7
    Options

How's your weekend?

shirataki noodles they have them at fresco here in with the hummus and such. crazy weekend here too!

my stomach has been bothering me a lot lately. I can't tolerate gluten either and eat veggies and fruit freely but no refined carbs and no potatoes. stomach is not happy with something I'm eating....off to cook for 14.

You're kidding me. I was at freshco yesterday searched when I lost hope I asked and they told we haven't hear if it even though online a lady said she bought it from there but honestly I didn't search in the fridge. Thanks for telling me :)

You know I kind of like the new diet and it is a bad kitten. The lady who made this diet said in her book "this diet is not for *kitten*" lol
    you eat for your lean muscles to lose weight
  • MoonKat7
    Options

About a 1900 kcal/day deficit counting activity (1250 kcal, lifting 4x week, and walking 5-8 miles per day), 80-90% protein, trace carbs and fats, Orange Triad, creatine, EFAs, calcium, and that's pretty much it. Started the cut about six days ago, and am down roughly 8 lbs. scale (168-160), 1.5" on the waist, and calipers down about 0.5mm, which is actually huge for me, as my loose skin makes cals measure thin on me anyway.

My new diet is different. Starting tomorrow I eat for the lean muscles in my body without giving any cals for the body fat so my daily cals is 1500 and of course the fat, carb and protein calculated for the lean muscles only.
    I do take supps too. I workout almost every day plus I teach classes plus attending kickboxing classes. :)
  • MoonKat7
    Options
    gorilita wrote: »
    I am still here!!! Just slacking off logging because of Thanksgiving. I stayed away from potatoes and dessert but couldn't weigh my food. I figure if I am to guess my potions might not log in at all. Just done my shopping for the week. All meals are planned, workouts too. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday Ladies!

Good to see you still around :)
  • treehugnmama
    Options

sounds like you did great with Thanksgiving!
  • treehugnmama
    Options

How's your weekend?

You're kidding me. I was at freshco yesterday searched when I lost hope I asked and they told we haven't hear if it even though online a lady said she bought it from there but honestly I didn't search in the fridge. Thanks for telling me :)

You know I kind of like the new diet and it is a bad kitten. The lady who made this diet said in her book "this diet is not for *kitten*" lol
    you eat for your lean muscles to lose weight

ya I bought a bag of them and never cooked them.
  • gorilita
    Options
    Never heard of shirataki noodles before. I will give them a try if and when I find them ;-) i had a good day yesterday. Worked out twice and stuck to my calories. Actually, i was under my goal. I also drank a lot of green decaf tea and water. Having trouble putting a daily meal plan that fits my new macros. How do you tackle that ladies AND Gents (Gallowmere1984)?
  • gorilita
    Options
    Yesterday's stats:
    147g protein
    81g carbs
    82g fat
    70oz water
    55min back and bicep workout
  • MoonKat7
    Options
    Never heard of shirataki noodles before. I will give them a try if and when I find them ;-) i had a good day yesterday. Worked out twice and stuck to my calories. Actually, i was under my goal. I also drank a lot of green decaf tea and water. Having trouble putting a daily meal plan that fits my new macros. How do you tackle that ladies AND Gents (Gallowmere1984)?

My current calculation.

For fat loss. Aim for 11-16 cal per lbs target weight.

I'm aiming for 140 lbs my target weight so 140 x 11 (the minimum amount) = 1540 cal/day

My macros depending on lean muscle (it's better if you know your lean muscles weight in lbs)
    Protein = 1.25 g/lean muscle lbs
    Carbs = 1g/lean muscle lbs
    Fat = 0.5 g/lean muscle lbs

This is a new diet I'm following. If you do keto than maybe just use the target weight to get your daily cals and do a keto macros percentage.

Now this diet has lots of veggies so if anyone will follow the calculations above need to keep in mind 50% of carbs come from veggies preferably non starchy veggies so for me I should eat 5 lbs = 2200g of veggies per day.

What's your new macros?
  • MoonKat7
    Options
    There are other ways also depending on age, height and weight. Then you choose your activity level then the final number -500
    Then you choose a certain percentage for the macros and calculate the total grams for each of them.

I can post that too if you want?
  • Gallowmere1984
    edited November 2016
    Options
    My macro setup for maintenance is done this way:

Find calories, in this case to start, I'm running 1850, and will adjust as needed.
    Protein: 1.5g/LBM. In my case, that comes out to be 217.5g
    Carbs: 100g base, with an activity multiplier that's added on. In my case, it's a multiplier of 1 (lifting 4x week, with 5-8mi/day walking), so 200g.
    Fat: remainder: 217.5*4+200*4=1670. 1850-1670=180. 180/9=20g fat

ETA: clearly there's nothing LC about my current setup, but this is due to the need for hormone stabilization after coming off of a VLCD, which also explains the lower approach to maintenance for my activity level. Have to ramp up slow post refeed, or risk a bunch of fast fat regain. The body gets piiiissed when you cut like I do, and it's really primed to put fat back on when you come off.
  • MoonKat7
    Options
    Oh you remind me. I have one refeed day. In case any will follow.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Options
    Oh you remind me. I have one refeed day. In case any will follow.

Just did mine yesterday. 1000g of carbs in 24 hours is not easy when you minimize simple sugar intake. My god, the bagel carnage was glorious.