Step-It-Up September Week 2 (9/8-9/14)

Options

Replies

• Cyndi146
    Cyndi146 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Goal >11,000

9/8 9577 another husband sabotage. Impromptu date night. So close!
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Update from yesterday.

1.Danced for 120 minutes to a grateful dead tribute band that I luv.

2.Gained 3 lbs overnight from 16 oz of beer! I think it's water. Usually takes 3 days to come off. I'm having 2 drinks tonight as well...wonder if that will be another 3 pounds, or if 3 pounds is my body's holding carb weight. I dont usually have two dance nights in a row. We'll see...so hard to juggle fun and dieting. But I'm hoping all the dance calories burned off will make Monday or Tuesday really really awesome weightloss-wise. If not, the booze is gone for the remainder of the challenge!

3.basic plank/ Nope. Did not. Try again today. It's killing me at over 3 minutes. I'm shaking for the last minute and a half. Might have to modify for my age and increase time after 4 or 5 days instead of 3. Otherwise I'm afraid I'll just bail out.
  • toadqueen
    toadqueen Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Met my goals last week!

This week my goals are:

1. Exercise
    Week 2 - Walk at least 1/2 every other day (even days) and ride my tricycle on odd days

2. Diet - all month: stick with the plan (protein, fat, salt), record my food, adjust for issues.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,961 Member
    Options
    elize7 wrote: »
    Update from yesterday.

1.Danced for 120 minutes to a grateful dead tribute band that I luv.

2.Gained 3 lbs overnight from 16 oz of beer! I think it's water. Usually takes 3 days to come off. I'm having 2 drinks tonight as well...wonder if that will be another 3 pounds, or if 3 pounds is my body's holding carb weight. I dont usually have two dance nights in a row. We'll see...so hard to juggle fun and dieting. But I'm hoping all the dance calories burned off will make Monday or Tuesday really really awesome weightloss-wise. If not, the booze is gone for the remainder of the challenge!

3.basic plank/ Nope. Did not. Try again today. It's killing me at over 3 minutes. I'm shaking for the last minute and a half. Might have to modify for my age and increase time after 4 or 5 days instead of 3. Otherwise I'm afraid I'll just bail out.

Nothing wrong with doing that.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,961 Member
    Options
    macchiatto wrote: »
    baconslave wrote: »
    Running late this morning.
    Homeschooling and soccer...ugh.
    Had to get some meaty chili on so we can shovel food in fast before we have to run kids all over town tonight. 3 practices, 3 different locations, 2 vehicles. Lord ha' mercy... :sweat:

You guys are doing great meeting your goals. KIU!
    And have a magnificent day.

Dang, that is a lot! And DH complains if we have two extracurriculars in a week. ;)

Soccer season is always insane.
  • Cyndi146
    Cyndi146 Posts: 411 Member
    Options

My son who play NCAA football and was very into training and fitness as you can imagine, told me that anything over a minute is really not a benefit for your body. We do better to break it up and add difficultly movements (lifting a leg, hip dips, side planks, etc.) I think mixing it up is good.
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    Cyndi146 wrote: »

My son who play NCAA football and was very into training and fitness as you can imagine, told me that anything over a minute is really not a benefit for your body. We do better to break it up and add difficultly movements (lifting a leg, hip dips, side planks, etc.) I think mixing it up is good.

many people use planking similar to yoga as a meditative tool, there are multiple benefits to connecting your mind with your body during those routines
  • elize7
    Options
    I like all the comments above about planking. Very helpful and I plan to change it up using the above info.
    I do like it the plank because in only a short while I've noticed changes in posture and feel tighter. I like that it's over and done quickly, and I can actually get up and down off the floor again without dragging myself up holding on to something, so I feel stronger.
    I'm going to do the variations idea, breaking up the time and the yoga piece is interesting as well.
    Thanks pals! I feel reinvigorated.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    60 minutes. Step Aerobics. Wooohooo! Haven't done this since the 90s. Youtube is loaded with step aerobic videos. 740 minutes remain to goal.
  • eneild
    eneild Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    9/9
    21,960 steps (12,000 goal-mall wandering, people watching, and coffee drinking)
    Weighed/measured food ✅
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Day 9:
    Step goal: 13,000/10,000 - yes! So happy with this one
    Water goal: 2250ml/1500ml - Was able to get this one in as well.

It's FriYAY!
  • roeh
    roeh Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Ugh, seasonal allergies hit strong the first of the week, hard to get steps or workout in when you can't exchange air. Hopefully tomorrow is a better day.
  • genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    First HIIT workout done! check
    Hit over 10000 steps! check
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,553 Member
    Options
    Running late this morning.
    Homeschooling and soccer...ugh.
    Had to get some meaty chili on so we can shovel food in fast before we have to run kids all over town tonight. 3 practices, 3 different locations, 2 vehicles. Lord ha' mercy... :sweat:

You guys are doing great meeting your goals. KIU!
    And have a magnificent day.

Dang, that is a lot! And DH complains if we have two extracurriculars in a week. ;)

Soccer season is always insane.

QFT.

My 11yo plays club soccer. Practice M/Th 5:15-6:45. Keeper training T 6:30-8:00. Honor band practice on Wednesdays from 3:30-5, trumpet lesson Friday from 3:45-4:15.

My 12yo plays travel hockey. Practice T 6:50-7:40, Th 7-8:20. Some Wednesday night clinics.
    She is so her class representative for Sea, so has to be at the cool early for meetings every other week.

My 13yo runs cross-country at the HS. M/W practice 3:45-5:30. F 3:45-5. T/Th 5:15am-6:30am (the afternoon ones he at least ride the athletic bus from the MS to the HS, and we live about a mile from the school).

My 16yo doesn't do sports (organized) anymore, excels at school, (NHS, Mu Alpha Theta and Student Ambassadors) has a job and helps with the driving.

This doesn't count soccer tournaments and games, hockey tournaments and games or cross-country meets.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Made it past my goal again yesterday. Not sure I will today, because Holy Headache!!

l93y8mphi1r0.jpeg
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options
    t1k6ec1n9pp5.png

Everyone is doing great!!!

>:) or o:)
  • elize7
    Options
    Down for the count. Back tomorrow.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Being on track feels amazing. I should do it more often. ;)

Absolutely love this! Rock on!

• sherrirollins4
    sherrirollins4 Posts: 122 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

Awesome! ....now if I can remember where I put my step bench.....
    kpk54 wrote: »
    60 minutes. Step Aerobics. Wooohooo! Haven't done this since the 90s. Youtube is loaded with step aerobic videos. 740 minutes remain to goal.