Kooky breakfasts

Options
2»

Replies

• BaconSan2
    BaconSan2 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    OK - we ate that cheeseburger casserole and the judgement is in 5 stars (out of 5 stars)
  • BaconSan2
    BaconSan2 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    cstehansen - you can't taste the pickles once it is cooked it just gives the meat a zing. Jalapeños would be good - before I put it in the oven I gave it a few shots of Sriracha sauce.
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Today I had a delightful angus beef hamburger with saurkraut. It was delicious and nutritious.
  • moonlights
    moonlights Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness the cheese on turkey bacon looks delicious! Sometimes I miss cheese on toast - never thought about having it on bacon before.

Could be great with pizza toppings or avocado too... Gosh I have so many meal plans from this one idea!

I've always wanted to try turkey bacon but it's tricky to find here. I also go off pork sometimes.
  • AshStout83
    AshStout83 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    moonlights wrote: »
    Oh my goodness the cheese on turkey bacon looks delicious! Sometimes I miss cheese on toast - never thought about having it on bacon before.

Could be great with pizza toppings or avocado too... Gosh I have so many meal plans from this one idea!

I've always wanted to try turkey bacon but it's tricky to find here. I also go off pork sometimes.
    I'm glad it inspired you! I was thinking the same thing about pizza topping as I was eating it this morning. So many possibilities!
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    I like smoked salmon mixed with cream cheese. I put it on romaine lettuce leafs and roll'em up. Has become a regular breakfast for me.

Weirdest breakie I have ever had was awesome, it was a Japanese miso soup when I was in Australia. No idea what was in it but it was filling, delicious and I ate it almost 2 decades ago and I still think about it from time to time.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    edited:
    LCHF Porridge #2 -

3 cups nutflour of your choice
    2 tbsp Psyllium husk
    1.5 cups flax seed meal
    1.5 cups dessicated coconut.

Mix it all together. To prepare, mix 3-4 tablespoons of the mixture with a little warm water. Serve with cream or coconut cream.
    4g carbs p/serving

Variations - Chocolate porridge - add 2 tablespoons cocoa powder and 1 tablespoon erythritol and stevia mix to the ingredients.
    5.5g carbs p/serving

I would try this with chocolate protein powder instead of cocoa powder, for the protein and it also has sweetening agent in it. Will have to give that one a go.
  • Shadowmf023
    Shadowmf023 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    edited:
    LCHF Porridge #2 -

3 cups nutflour of your choice
    2 tbsp Psyllium husk
    1.5 cups flax seed meal
    1.5 cups dessicated coconut.

Mix it all together. To prepare, mix 3-4 tablespoons of the mixture with a little warm water. Serve with cream or coconut cream.
    4g carbs p/serving

Variations - Chocolate porridge - add 2 tablespoons cocoa powder and 1 tablespoon erythritol and stevia mix to the ingredients.
    5.5g carbs p/serving

I would try this with chocolate protein powder instead of cocoa powder, for the protein and it also has sweetening agent in it. Will have to give that one a go.

Good idea! I just have pure, plain whey so I would have to add the cocoa anyway. Lol
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    I usually just have coffee with heavy cream. Nothing weird. We do like to have brisket for dinner on Friday nights so we can have the leftovers for Saturday breakfast topped with cheese, fried eggs, and hot sauce. It's so very good!