First 5x5 yesterday kicked my bootaay! How am I supposed to do that again tomorrow?

Options
124»

Replies

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Today was great!
    Was able to increase all weight as planned but I may have reached my deadlift limit at 90lbs! Ha!
    I clearly need to build strength!

Thanks for all the help and encouragement!
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Today was great!
    Was able to increase all weight as planned but I may have reached my deadlift limit at 90lbs! Ha!

One thing I found is that if you use the app, you can choose the increments in which the weights go up and usually the deadlift default is 10lbs but I am at the point where I changed it to 5lbs to make it so slowly at the risk of trying to pull too much and injuring myself.

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Options
    Today was great!

One thing I found is that if you use the app, you can choose the increments in which the weights go up and usually the deadlift default is 10lbs but I am at the point where I changed it to 5lbs to make it so slowly at the risk of trying to pull too much and injuring myself.

Thanks for the tip. Mine is going up by 10 currently. I'll definitely try 5 instead.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Today was great!

Thanks for the tip. Mine is going up by 10 currently. I'll definitely try 5 instead.

Biggest isuue I have there is trying to find the 2.5s. My gym has them, but they all seems to be hoarded in the women's only area near their bathroom
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Options
    Today was great!

Biggest isuue I have there is trying to find the 2.5s. My gym has them, but they all seems to be hoarded in the women's only area near their bathroom

Ha! Funny!
    My gym doesn't have a women's area. Only 2 racks and 2 benches and each one has plenty of 2.5's. Today I found myself waiting for 1 guy because he was using both bars. Had one set with his current stuff and the other ready to go to switch over.
    I got fed up and walked up acting like I didn't know he was using both and just asked which one he wanted. Lol
    He seemed annoyed by me. Lol
  • genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Haha! So i watch this one cartoon with my son and I saw this and thought of us weight lifting girls @baconslave @Sunny_Bunny_ @samanthaluangphixay x0qysai71cq6.png
  • genmon00
    Options
    Im raven (the one in the black) btw LOL
  • sammyliftsandeats
    Options
    Today was great!

Ha! Funny!
    My gym doesn't have a women's area. Only 2 racks and 2 benches and each one has plenty of 2.5's. Today I found myself waiting for 1 guy because he was using both bars. Had one set with his current stuff and the other ready to go to switch over.
    I got fed up and walked up acting like I didn't know he was using both and just asked which one he wanted. Lol
    He seemed annoyed by me. Lol

GOOD. I hate equipment hogs :/

• sammyliftsandeats
    Options
    genmon00 wrote: »
    Haha! So i watch this one cartoon with my son and I saw this and thought of us weight lifting girls @baconslave @Sunny_Bunny_ @samanthaluangphixay x0qysai71cq6.png

Now I need me some pink hair!
  • genmon00
    Options
    Now if I could only get those abs! lol
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Options
    I have red hair... close enough I guess! Lol
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options
    genmon00 wrote: »

Now I need me some pink hair!

I'd rather purple hair, meself. :wink:
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Options
    Well, I'm still going strong. Pun intended!
    Probably not making very quick progress because I think I wasn't pushing myself hard enough for too long and probably not doing every lift exactly right. But, I'm still going and haven't given up on it like I've done with every other form of exercise I've tried so far. :smile:
    Got some baby callouses to prove it! Lol
    lb7c46ywraqb.jpg

I haven't lost any scale weight at all and am still up a few pounds from before I started but I was probably eating too much for a few weeks. I kinda ran with the increased hunger and no doubt was overdoing it. But that's ok.
    Just want to get stronger for now and I got the hungries back under control.

I will need to take a progress pic soon to see if anything is noticeable. I think I'm hesitant because I really want for there to be a visible difference. I will be disappointed if I don't look at least a tiny bit more fit. So I don't want to compare too soon.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Awesome for continuing!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm still going strong. Pun intended!
    Probably not making very quick progress because I think I wasn't pushing myself hard enough for too long and probably not doing every lift exactly right. But, I'm still going and haven't given up on it like I've done with every other form of exercise I've tried so far. :smile:
    Got some baby callouses to prove it! Lol
    lb7c46ywraqb.jpg

I haven't lost any scale weight at all and am still up a few pounds from before I started but I was probably eating too much for a few weeks. I kinda ran with the increased hunger and no doubt was overdoing it. But that's ok.
    Just want to get stronger for now and I got the hungries back under control.

I will need to take a progress pic soon to see if anything is noticeable. I think I'm hesitant because I really want for there to be a visible difference. I will be disappointed if I don't look at least a tiny bit more fit. So I don't want to compare too soon.

Nice callouses!!!