Low-carb = WOE --> continual losing weight problem?

Options
huango
huango Posts: 1,007 Member
Hola,

How do you keep from continual weight loss on low-carbs way of eating?

I'm only on Day 15 of the Dukan (high protein/low fat/lots veggies/oatbran diet), and I've been rather successful with both the weight loss and the control over carbs cravings.

I intend to stick with this Way of Eating for a very long time, since I don't have any control once I start eating sugary/starchy carbs.
When I don't eat the carby-crap, I have to work hard to even get to 1200 calories a day.

--->>> So how do you keep from losing weight when you're in maintenance?

I only have 5 more pounds before I reach my weight,
Anda 15pounds total from my vanity (ultimate goal).
I'd like to become more defined with lean muscle afterwards.

thank you,
Amanda

Replies

• retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    huango wrote: »
    Hola,

How do you keep from continual weight loss on low-carbs way of eating?

I'm only on Day 15 of the Dukan (high protein/low fat/lots veggies/oatbran diet), and I've been rather successful with both the weight loss and the control over carbs cravings.

I intend to stick with this Way of Eating for a very long time, since I don't have any control once I start eating sugary/starchy carbs.
    When I don't eat the carby-crap, I have to work hard to even get to 1200 calories a day.

--->>> So how do you keep from losing weight when you're in maintenance?

I only have 5 more pounds before I reach my weight,
    Anda 15pounds total from my vanity (ultimate goal).
    I'd like to become more defined with lean muscle afterwards.

thank you,
    Amanda

For more muscle, check out the lifting groups here, there are several large ones.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/771-women-strength-training is just women
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/10118-eat-train-progress is for anyone and the stickies there are a treasure trove of information

• lodro
    lodro Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    weightloss will slow down. that being said: if you are going into workouts, watch your weight. I started ultra distance cycling and regular HIT training, and now I'm watching the scale to check weightloss.

however, my power to weight ratio is excellent!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    My appetite increased when I was around goal weight so keeping weight on was not a problem.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    When I got within 5 pounds of my goal I completely stopped losing and now it's been almost a year and I'm always working on the last 5-8 pounds.
    Feed your body right and let it decide what weight is right for you. Your body knows way better than you do.
    As long as you eat when hungry until you're satisfied, it will settle down at the right weight for you. That may or may not match up with the number you decided it should be though.