leslie sansone walk at home DVDS?? anyone??

Options
Has anyone done these dvds and had any success? I just ordered a new one... i thought this would be great to do since i just had a baby almost 4 weeks ago.. something to get me moving around and get started on these 50 pounds i need to lose!! what was ur experience with her dvds?

Replies

• AbbyCar
    AbbyCar Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I have used them on days when it was too yucky to walk outside. I think it's a great way to get started! It is broken up into 15 minute-1 mile sections(if I remember right), which may be just right for a new mother!

Congrats on the baby:)
  • SavageFeast
    SavageFeast Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I can't speak highly enough of Leslie Sansone's DVDs. They are GREAT for beginners, the very overweight, and those with mobility issues. I can do these DVDs right alongside my 2 year-old godson and he loves to do the moves with me. Best of all, I can feel my heartrate getting up there and I know that I am getting in a good workout, without the risk of injury from more intensive, pounding workouts.
  • sheilahoff5
    Options
    I LOVE her DVD's!! They are a great way to get up and get moving and super easy to follow! Good luck, I think you will do great with these!
  • TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Options
    This is what I used to lose my first 30lbs. I think if it had not been for these dvds, I would not be where I am today.
  • ramgi
    ramgi Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    They are really great for people who are new to exercise but if you're already fit they are not so great. I like Leslie's positive energy.
  • goforthd5
    goforthd5 Posts: 167
    Options
    I have her original set (mile 1, 2 and 3) back when they were on VHS! I enjoy them. I purchased one that was 5 miles but it was broken into 5 1-mile sessions which I did not care much about. But her encouragement and positive attitude is wonderful. Enjoy walking inside during nap times.
  • GenesisandEden
    GenesisandEden Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I used them to get started and I still use them on days I don't ride my bike outside. I think they are perfect for a great fat burn workout. I wear my HRM and it is consistent on my cal burn =) I am a big girl and its easier on my knees. so thumbs up from me =)
  • ladyluch99
    ladyluch99 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Love, love, love Leslie Sansone DVD's. Great for beginner to intermediate levels of exercise and some of them are good for even higher intensity cardio.
  • NikkiGetsFit185
    NikkiGetsFit185 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    i used them the first time around when i lost weight and i love them, i have increased though and have the 3-4 and i think she even has a 5 mile one, its good exercise if you cant make it out to the gym or on yucky days, but its a good workout it will get you up and moving!!!
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    After gaining the "Freshman 15" TWICE in 2003, I joined Weight Watchers and did Walk Away the Pounds in the morning and evening, along with 8 Minute Abs and lost a total of 30 pounds in 3 months.

Bottom line: portion control and get your buns moving! You'll see results! Good Luck :happy:
  • supremewoo
    Options
    LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these CD's!! I'm just getting started on this journey myself, but these CD's are just enough for this beginner!
  • jryan83
    jryan83 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    My mom got physically fitter, healthier, AND dropped 35lbs using the Leslie Sansone DVD's. She's does them 5X a week and is in the best shape ever. Hate to say it, but she can do 5 miles and still feel like a tiger, while I'm lucky I do 1-2 miles.
    Good thing is we've started doing it together. It's much easier to work out when you have a partner.

Good luck.
  • mrsbarton
    mrsbarton Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    This is what I used to lose my first 30lbs. I think if it had not been for these dvds, I would not be where I am today.

Oh how awesome! I have another dvd of hers to i used back before i got pregnant, but i tried to do it the other day and it wouldnt work, so i ordered a new one! I have 50 pounds to lose and dont really plan on doing anything besides cardio for alot of it.. def. not any hard work outs for another 4 or 5 weeks since i had a c.section... so im hoping that with eating good and doing 2-4 miles a day with the dvd, i can lose a good amount in the next 4 or 5 weeks before i try to do something else with the walking!
  • kidznpupz
    Options
    I use them almost daily with my treadmill and walking my dog. I have lost 93lbs first with Weight Watchers and then the last few with My Fitness Pal calorie counting :).
    I'm almost 59 years old and don't want to to anything I can't keep up with or hurt myself doing. I am 7 lbs away from my goal and plan to keep on using them. Leslie Sansone is a little annoying to listen to but - it works!!
  • mrsbarton
    Options
    i used them the first time around when i lost weight and i love them, i have increased though and have the 3-4 and i think she even has a 5 mile one, its good exercise if you cant make it out to the gym or on yucky days, but its a good workout it will get you up and moving!!!

The 5 mile is the one i got :)
  • alyrae1
    alyrae1 Posts: 5
    Options
    When I first started working out these were great. I lost 40 lbs in 3 months doing just her videos and changing my diet. Note that I was very overweight and inactive when I started. I still occasionaly will pull out her 5 mile walk and do it at home when I am bored with nothing to do. Walking may be my favorite exerise to do. Its simple, it works, and it's easy on the body. Eventually these videos will be too easy and you will stop noticing changes because your body is accustomed to the workout so great to add in weight training and if you feel ready for advanced exerises. I reccomend www.bodyrock.tv when past beginner stage they post 12 min exercise routines regularly and its free. :) Hope you enjoy walking at home.
  • mrsbarton
    Options
    WOW! everyones replys are soooo amazing!! congrats to everyone on the weight loss.. i love her other dvd i have so im sure this one will be awesome as well... feel free to add me everyone!!! i love the motivation you all give me :)
  • lenema
    lenema Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have several of her dvds. They are what go t me moving when I had been basically sedentary for many years. I just finished doing her 5 Really Big MIles dvd.( It comes with a firm band.) Includes strength training and is a more vigorous workout than some of her others. I love it!
  • worldofme
    worldofme Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    She is the one who got me moving! I still use her DVDs at least 3 times a week because with 3 toddlers underfoot, it is a DVD I can complete! My favorite is her 5 really big miles. I just bought her new one released last week and it is a different format. It is more interval cardio and I am unsure yet what I think about it. All in all though, until recently hers is the only workout I did. That along with eating right has helped me lose 68 pounds in the last 14 months!

I will say that you cannot go wrong with her DVDs. When you find them less challenging....add hand weights and you will get a little more life out of them!
  • tnjackso1
    tnjackso1 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    love them...great investment!