Replies

• Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    sh512266 wrote: »
    Sarahb29 wrote: »
    I'm Sheena - East Coast Canadian living in South East Texas, about an hour east of Houston. I've been doing low carbs for a few weeks and am trying to stay under 50g per day. It's been a slightly rocky start with feeling lousey but the weight is melting off (with exercise) and I'm determined to get to my goal weight and stay there this time!

Wow, how do you like Texas compared to NB? That's a huge change!

We love it @Sarahb29! Still getting used to US healthcare and things like cockroaches and poisonous spiders, but otherwise great! The weather is awesome, except for July and August where it's way too hot. I'd take that any day over frostbite though! We have a pool and we get tons of use out of it

I hear ya on the healthcare front, I struggled with that this year. I worked for a healthcare company for a long time but it's much different living it! I'm in Seattle so the weather here is basically fall most of the year, which I love. Texas seems very nice though, I'd be tempted to move there just so I could have my own horse lol.

At least you won't have to worry about black ice anymore! Oh god the slips and falls I've taken over the years... traumatizing I tell ya. I don't trust any spots on any sidewalks still.
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I'm Sheena - East Coast Canadian living in South East Texas, about an hour east of Houston. I've been doing low carbs for a few weeks and am trying to stay under 50g per day. It's been a slightly rocky start with feeling lousey but the weight is melting off (with exercise) and I'm determined to get to my goal weight and stay there this time!

Too much further east and you are in the Gulf! I'm in East Texas, East of Dallas! Howdy Neighbor!!