90 day challenge: Let's GO!

Options
jlynnschroyer
jlynnschroyer Posts: 41 Member
edited October 2016 in Social Groups
Alright guys! Its near the end of the year and this challenge is for all of you who have been slacking and "FALL"ing off track (I know that was a hilarious pun LEAF me alone! haha bad I know) It is exactly 89 days until December 31st and 90 days to January 1st 2017! The infamous day of hopeful dreams of a bright new year! Lets look back at what we pledged ourselves at the beginning of the year to do:

1) lose that last 10lbs
2) go to the gym 3× a week
3) have family dinners at the dining room table with no electronics
4) fill in the blank

Whatever your goal, remind yourself of it now and let's stay accountable to each other!

My goals I fell off track after a death in the family and am ready to go back swinging they are as follows:

1) go to the gym every other day no excuses.
2) STAY keto under 50 carbs period (not NET)
3) Volunteer once every 2 weeks at an animal shelter

So my friends what are yours?

Replies

• jlynnschroyer
    Options
    Ok, well I did not look there are already a lot of posts about things like this (that people have posted so everyone continue using those! :) ) and do not know how to delete this post. I will use it for myself as a marker so I can keep myself going feel free to stalk my diary and what have toy! :) (only from Oct 3rd though! Just a warning my diary from Oct 2nd and the days leading up to it will give you nightmares!)
  • moonlights
    moonlights Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I think it's a good idea, don't delete! My goal is to stay 100 percent on plan (Keto under 30g) until December 15th when I have my office Xmas lunch and my grandmas memorial on the same day. I want to stay moderate carb over Xmas too if possible but may plan a little time off plan.
    Im also going to experiment with cutting back on / cutting out dairy.
  • jlynnschroyer
    Options
    Hi midnight I'm Jessica, its nice to meet you! I honestly don't think I could cut out dairy period I love cheese and butter and cheese! My twin is lactose intolerant so she wants to go keto but she keeps putting it off and she wants to do everything similar to me. I do not know how to cut out dairy period so you'll have to tell me what you do to hit your fat macros!
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Hi Jessica, I'm Jessica :)

I'll join as many challenge and accountability threads as I can. I am working on staying on plan (my goal is 20 carbs net, but dairy is kicking me out consistently, so I need to work on it) and working out. In 90 days I hope to be down 1-2 sizes.
  • KetoLady86
    KetoLady86 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Helloo ladies! Can I join?? Im Brittany!! My goal is to follow IF on Monday-Friday while following keto. I want to just feel good. I need to try and cut out so much HWC, to be honest...I have so many goals, but dont want to overwhelm myself.
  • jlynnschroyer
    Options
    Of course Brittany! Here's my update for Day 1:
    I had an overload of carbs due to lack of planning trying to hit my fat macros (I need to go shopping I figured that was more important though the carbs mainly came from 2 bags of those steamable broccoli florets so its not soo bad and I stayed away from anything sugary, so its a win. I did not eat anything I would be ashamed about. Gym tomorrow morning! :)
  • 805_blondie
    805_blondie Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    My goals are to add strength training on top of my dance workouts
    Stay Keto throughout the holidays and find recipes that are Keto that feel like I'm indulging
    Lose some more weigh, 15-20 lbs
    Get a physical in December that I've been putting off
  • Ringbearer2
    Ringbearer2 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I would love to join! I have been floundering since I groped my daughter off at Uni *sob, sniff*. I have all this extra time, might as well put it to good use! My goals: lose 15 pounds, keep up with my logging and get off my rear end. I eat moderate carb with no sugar/grains.
  • wisebabe
    wisebabe Posts: 6 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    This is great. I want to continue on my LCHF and have food down and do two carb meals per week to keep falling off completely. I would love to check in each day and get the support.
    My goal is to continue eating LCHF and add workouts to the mix. My goal is 2 WATP (walk away the pounds, 2 miles) and 2, 20-min pilates workout each week.
    Stats:
    SW: 08/11/2016-215
    CW: 10/01/2016-199
    GW:150
    On January 1st, I don't want to set a New Year resolution that has anything to do with losing weight!!!!
  • 2manyhats
    2manyhats Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I am in! I want to stay as clean as possible until my check up in December. Biggest obstacle is no alcohol, so far, so good.
    CW 182.9
    GW 150
    Good luck to everyone! Julie
  • DDfitfinally
    DDfitfinally Posts: 2 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I need to get better with tracking macros. I have added strength training 3 days a week since February and haven't missed a week except for one week for vacation so I need to work on consistency either macros. Weight loss is so much slower and I know I am building muscle, losing fat but scale is slow going (moving in the right direction though!). Behavior change takes time, right!

SW 265 2/2/16
    CW 252 10/2/16
    GW 165
  • jlynnschroyer
    Options
    Day 2! And 88 to go:

Well I fasted for 24 hours and broke my fast last night and used the vitamix -think cauliflower rice size- and made something with random stuff I had at the house. Sounds super gross but in reality not bad! I give you:

Tuna Salsa

1 head cauliflower
    1 head broccoli
    4 whole green onions
    120 pepperoni slices
    5 4oz cans of tuna
    1 29oz can of tomato sauce
    1 8oz can mild salsa like stewed tomatoes (forgot the brand lol)

It tastes like salsa even though with those ingredients I didn't think it would (I ate it cold and raw) this would be really good with sausage and cabbage!
  • carom
    carom Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I am doing quite well on my cutting out dairy, this is the fourth day (about week 6 of keto) and finally my ketostix have gone from medium pink to dark pink!! Yay! It must be the absence of dairy... The only thing is I need to figure out how to take a little takeaway container of coconut oil with me when I am out to add fat to meals on the go. @FIT_Goat how are you going on dairy free?
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    carom wrote: »
    Hey everyone! I am doing quite well on my cutting out dairy, this is the fourth day (about week 6 of keto) and finally my ketostix have gone from medium pink to dark pink!! Yay! It must be the absence of dairy... The only thing is I need to figure out how to take a little takeaway container of coconut oil with me when I am out to add fat to meals on the go. @FIT_Goat how are you going on dairy free?

I'd buy and clean out a jar of baby food. Good size, easy to carry and I prefer glass. :)
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    I am doing well without dairy. Although, I have come down with a case of shingles (most likely due to stress and not from giving up dairy). Also, I am prepping for a hurricane, which makes it easier because dairy doesn't keep well.
  • carom
    carom Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    @Cadori - great idea thanks, I will try it out :)
    @FIT_Goat - oh no, shingles is terrible! and the hurricane doesn't sound like much fun either :)
  • nicee247
    nicee247 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    New to LCHF lifestyle. Started in July but I always go back to eating high carbs and junks. I'm holding myself accountable to stay in this lifestyle till December. I started again on Monday. So this is day 3 for me. Thanks for this platform.
  • jlynnschroyer
    Options
    @nicee247 Welcome! Your journey mirrors my own! I restarted Keto in July and stopped after a death in the family and after many false restarts I'm sticking to it today until the 1st of January. The hardest part for me is getting past week 1. On day 7 I usually stop and don't get back on the horse.
    @carom Good job! I have no idea how you cut out dairy, truly I live off of cheese and Greek yogurt everyday, like its in every meal! I'm about to stalk your diary to see how you do it because my Twin is lactose intolerant and she wants to do keto, I'm just not too sure how to adjust things to have no dairy!

The baby jar idea for coconut oil is a great idea!
    I made my first ever fat bomb
    1.5 cups coconut oil.
    .25 cup unsweetened dark chocolate
    .75 cup peanut butter
    1 tbsp liquid Stevie

It tastes different than I thought it would. I definitely am having issues with eating it just like that I'm thinking about putting it in almond milk and making "hot chocolate" well see how it takes.

Keep at it people!