90 day challenge: Let's GO!

Options

Replies

• carom
    carom Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I am going away with hubby for a week, just to chill out and take a break. We will be staying in one of my favourite parts of NZ which has great wineries and lots of foodie places. But never mind that!! I am still feeling super focused, and am down another 1.5 kilo this week, Yay! I would like 6 kilos gone by Christmas so if I stay on track I think this is very achievable. How is everyone else doing?
  • 805_blondie
    805_blondie Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    carom wrote: »
    @805_blondie - First time ever I have my TOM and no cravings. Like. none. at. all. Crazy! I am tired but that is usual and when tired I want to eat but never mind that. This is totally weird for me. Loving it!

I really hope that happens for me eventually. My cravings usually only last 2 days, but they are difficult to get through. I try so hard not to think of it, but I'm just so hungry and it's not that I crave bad stuff, I just want to eat all the time.
  • 3BearMomma
    3BearMomma Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am down 13lbs since August (I have a lot to lose!). I started in mid-August with *lower* carb... but my endocrinologist said I needed to aim lower than I was. Since doing that (mid-September), the weight has been coming off more quickly.

I wanted to be down 20lbs before the year was out, so it looks like that is achievable :)
  • kismet1428
    kismet1428 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    As I expected I went overboard at a friend's birthday party over the weekend, but I sort of expected it and allowed it to be my treat day. Sunday though, I woke up and started again. Today, after putting all my food in, I will be at 13 net carbs and a little over 1,000 calories.

Glad to see that everyone is doing well. @805_blondie I totally understand and am so proud of you for tracking everything you snacked on. @carom enjoy your trip with hubby! Stay focused but still allow yourself to relax and if you have a treat day - just don't go crazy wild on it!
  • GinNJuice75
    GinNJuice75 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Name is Ginny. I fell off the wagon roughly a year ago and its scary. I have gained about 50lbs back. Ugh! Today is the day i started again and started to log my food. I want to stay under 20 carbs, work myself up to an hour 5 days a week with walking, (as i have back troubles so thats all i can do) Also learn to get more fat when i prepare my meals as i sometimes fail at doing that.

I dont want my diabetes coming back full blown that i have to take pills again (been diet controlled for 5 yrs now) Sadly my asthma as resurfaced but soon as i get some of this off it will be under control again.

I will get back to where i was a year ago!
  • nadatapryce
    nadatapryce Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    HEY GOOD NIGHT LOW 'CARBONERS'....I AM WORKING THE PLAN AND AND SEEING AWESOME RESULTS....AFTER TWO MONTHS OF CLEAN EATING I AM DOWN 12 LBS. I DID MINIMUM EXERCISE AND THIS HAS MOTIVATED ME TO THROW IN SOME LIGHT WALKING STARTING NEXT WEEK....STARTING WEIGHT 190.... CURRENT WEIGHT 178(TODAY)....GOAL 150.
  • coloradoartstudio
    coloradoartstudio Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Just checking in. :smile: I managed to lose 1.5 pounds during my daughter's visit home up till yesterday when I got glutened at a restaurant last night (I have celiac) - not a fun way to lose weight. My gut is still in knots this morning. Needless to say that I am down a total of 2 pounds for the week.

60 to go. It seems like such a huge number that I think I need to do break that number down into 10 pounds increments for motivation. Maybe a little (non food ) reward?

Stats: 50 years old, 5'4"
    SW: 10/04/2016-199
    CW: 10/18/2016-195
    GW:135

My extended family came to dinner on Sunday night and I managed to accommodate everyone's diets and food preferences. It turns out that my sister in law is doing a variation on LCHF and has lost 45 pounds in the last year. She cycles on and off with extreme calorie restriction every other cycle. I don't think I could do what she's doing, but for the time being, we're on the same page.

@sherryrichie @FIT_Goat RE: Fathead pizza - we ended up going out for dinner on Friday to our favorite pizza place and I was so surprised that there was an individual sized crustless "pizza" skillet on the menu for low carbers. My husband is also eating low carb and, even he was super satisfied with his pizza skillet.
  • kismet1428
    Options
    Good morning here from sunny Florida!! Actually it is very nice weather outside, too nice to be stuck inside my office - but gotta pay those bills baby!

@GinNJuice75 I also have a bad back and asthma and there is nothing worse than for my body to not be able to do what my mind says it can. Just ease into it and slowly you will find your back issues lessen and your breathing improve! You can do this!!!

@nadatapryce AMAZING!!! Keep it up!! You are encouraging us all!

@coloradoartstudio When you look at the overall I need to lose X pounds it gets so overwhelming, breaking it down is a great idea. You can do by 10lbs or 10% and the number is so much less intimidating. Good job on the meal Sunday, that is a hard thing to do! And your SIL is great inspiration too!
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    @coloradoartstudio I have a list of non-food rewards and am breaking down my 120 pound goal in increments. Every 10 pounds a new nail polish/lipstick...every 20 pounds a new outfit. I also have haircuts, waxing, etc.

Mine are mainly beauty related because reinforcing that I feel better about my appearance is my best way to keep going. I want to add some activities in there too though as I'm getting more energy and confidence.

• coloradoartstudio
    coloradoartstudio Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    kismet1428 wrote: »
    When you look at the overall I need to lose X pounds it gets so overwhelming, breaking it down is a great idea. You can do by 10lbs or 10% and the number is so much less intimidating. Good job on the meal Sunday, that is a hard thing to do! And your SIL is great inspiration too!

True! I have to keep reminding myself that I didn't gain the weight overnight, so it's not going to go away fast either. My SIL is an inspiration!

Cadori wrote: »
    I have a list of non-food rewards and am breaking down my 120 pound goal in increments. Every 10 pounds a new nail polish/lipstick...every 20 pounds a new outfit. I also have haircuts, waxing, etc.

Mine are mainly beauty related because reinforcing that I feel better about my appearance is my best way to keep going. I want to add some activities in there too though as I'm getting more energy and confidence.

I like your rewards! I treated myself to a haircut yesterday and I love to be pampered. I can be a little cheap buying nice cosmetics for myself...I think that I'll start doing little 10# rewards. I hate to buy any new clothing until I get close to my goal weight since I have about 5 different sizes in my closet. :#
  • GinNJuice75
    GinNJuice75 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    @kismet1428 thank you! Yes its very hard having chronic pain, asthma and top it all off no thyroid. Its a struggle but i did this before and i can do it again! I had lost 160lbs with this woe eating before. So sadly from my lowest weight i have actually gained 70lbs. But i will happy to get down to where i was a year ago which was 50lbs less!r

• kismet1428
    Options
    @cadori what a great idea. I think I will create a chart that will help me figure out those rewards!
  • sherryrichie
    sherryrichie Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    @coloradoartstudio, I have the Happy Scale app on my phone, which breaks your goals down nicely into little chunks. I'm easily amused lol!!
  • kismet1428
    Options
    @sherryrichie I'll have to look into the Happy Scale app! I am up for anything that helps me stay on track!
  • carom
    Options
    Bah!! Yesterday I went completely off the rails. Cheese, chocolate, crisps, potato bake, icecream!!! Threw up twice and now, which is day after, I am tired, I feel like crap and my belly is aching! Honestly it was a really good lesson for me as I have been having evil thoughts recently of chocolate and icecream but after this awful result i am positive that those thoughts can now go away!! I am so back on track and even though we are on holiday I bought my keto sticks so will be checking it out tomorrow. Still feeling super focused, I know I've got this
  • Carnivorekat
    Carnivorekat Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Jumping onboard a little late - but better late than never - have been bingeing like crazy and ended up putting nearly 21lbs back on, so need to get my focus back.

My goals - to lose 28lbs by the end of the year
    Logging my food everyday
    Build up my exercise
    Stick to Zero Carb for the rest of the year

Let's do this
  • kismet1428
    edited October 2016
    Options
    @carom - it happens, don't beat yourself up. Your body is doing that for you. The important thing is that you are totally focused and moving forward! You are my hero!!!

@kathrout1973 - welcome aboard!! You're among friends!
  • carom
    Options
    @kismet1428 - thanks for your support
  • carom
    Options
    Oh bugger! I forgot MFP doesn't like emojis from my iPad.

@kismet1428 - thanks and how are you tracking with your goals? I am feeling better today, like my carb hangover has 90% gone. I definitely learnt my lesson.

@kathrout1973 - welcome! Have you done zero carbs before? I think that sounds really hard, as I struggle with keeping my carbs under 20g
  • Carnivorekat
    Carnivorekat Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    [@kathrout1973 - welcome! Have you done zero carbs before? I think that sounds really hard, as I struggle with keeping my carbs under 20g[/quote]

Yes I have done ZC before - and found it fantastic, I only eat meat, occasional eggs and sometimes some dairy although am thinking the dairy is causing me issues so am considering whether to change away from that - going to try lacto-free milk first as can't quite give up my coffee LOL