Does anyone combine low carb and IF?

Options
2»

Replies

• Nanaluvs2sweat
    Nanaluvs2sweat Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I started in Jan of this year and I do 18:6 1500 cal/low carb. I also do regular exercise. Usually walking. I am down 19 lbs so far. This combo works for me.
  • tdalebar
    tdalebar Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    As my son used to say, "There's only one best way to get and stay healthy, and it's different for every body". Congrats on getting rid of those 19 pounds of fat! :) I'm a 3rd shifter and I do I.F. 20:4. It just seems to fit into my lifestyle. I also try to keep an excess of carbs at bay. I'd rather have my body used to burning fat first than going through the carbs first and then the fat. Way to go on finding a plan that you can stick with!
  • skinnyjingbb
    skinnyjingbb Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I also start keto since Jan, but just start with 16:8 in the past two week. It suite my daily schedule well.
    Just the past weekend, I tried 20:4 but feel too stuffed in both meals within the 4 hours. Going to stick with 16:8, maybe trying to shorten the window over time.
  • Miss_Missy_Bee
    Miss_Missy_Bee Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Yes, I was strict with my carb intake at first. I think it’s because I was on a 16:8 IF schedule eating twice a day. Since I’ve moved to an OMAD 20:4 schedule I watch only the high glycemic carbs (pasta, bread, and rice). I basically choose carbs and looked at my weekly intake to make sure I’m getting all my nutrients.
  • Miss_Missy_Bee
    Miss_Missy_Bee Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thus is a first!

9zzs7svzbu1v.jpeg
  • bentanner25
    bentanner25 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yeah for sure, either way is fine. And I often do them together.

IF before low carb, or low carb before IF, they both kind of support each other so you can start either way. :-)