Woefully underprepared

Options
13»

Replies

• FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    Glad you are safe and the recovery process has begun!!! Why is the goat meat something that can't be replaced, are there not any goat farms in your area??? We have a ton, it's become more common than cows, and goat used to be my favorite back when I was still a meat eater!!!

I know of no goat meat suppliers around me. I could look harder. I might be missing it. That is a real shame. I used to say that lamb was my favorite meat, but goat is easily 10 times better (aside from being a bit lean). I will keep looking.
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Those pics tell quite a story. Sorry you are still going through this and have lost so much. Thinking of you and your family.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    I wonder if you might be able to find a Caribbean market in your area, @FIT_Goat. It's Asian markets that have goat meat on our side of the continent, but you'd be on the right side for possible goat meat there if there is a Caribbean community of immigrants close by?
  • camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    So sorry to see this, Fitgoat. My sympathies for your losses -- especially the meat! Glad you are safe.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Goat meat in my area is available in hispanic and middle eastern markets, but the best option for a low price is just to buy a goat and drop it off for processing...most farms in my area either sell them by the pound ($1-$1.35) or whole ($100-$125) or there is an auction once a week where they are even cheaper, but I always preferred to see them on the farm and see what they are fed and what the growing conditions are like...we used to raise our own...it's about time for a couple more...and maybe a pig...