TEAM TWO

Options

Replies

• lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    Options
    Sorry I messed up the links in the original post. I had to type them in and thought www was the way to go, but was obviously wrong! Lol.
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    Remind me next week that I should enforce the water challenge....I have been sucking really bad at that lately!!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options

Best "challenge" ever. I'm all about "self-care." Bring on the quiet, peaceful walks, the naps, cups of tea by the fire, bubble baths - all that good stuff. I'm not afraid to treat myself. B)

Already had a nice long stroll with my dog in the hills today. Thinking a nap is in order now...
  • jenilla1
    edited January 2017
    Options

I don't do wheat (autoimmune thing), and rarely eat beef or consume milk, but all of those other foods are a go for me. I will do my best to incorporate as many as possible, and do a couple of vegetarian days, too. My favorite vegetarian sandwich is:

LOL at the title - "Chickpea of the Sea" (vegetarian tuna salad)
    http://www.thekitchn.com/vegetarian-lunch-chickpea-of-t-114022
    7f6aivxukvt7.jpg
    Note: I only put a little bit of celery seed in. I thought the recipe was asking for too much. Didn't want to be overwhelmed. Also, I like it as a pasta salad, too. I've always preferred pasta to bread. Or just served with lettuce on it own.
  • jenilla1
    Options

Those are all so beautiful and appetizing looking. Going to be pinning some of those...
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    jenilla1 wrote: »

Those are all so beautiful and appetizing looking. Going to be pinning some of those...

That's where all the items came from this week...Pinterest! My new BFF!! :)
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    jenilla1 wrote: »

Best "challenge" ever. I'm all about "self-care." Bring on the quiet, peaceful walks, the naps, cups of tea by the fire, bubble baths - all that good stuff. I'm not afraid to treat myself. B)

Already had a nice long stroll with my dog in the hills today. Thinking a nap is in order now...

I was thinking with as stressful as this month plus may be, it might be good to learn some ideas early on to help me cope. I've already got pimples popping up all over, just waiting for the grey hairs to start popping! Yikes!! :#
  • energyseeker
    energyseeker Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the challenge. Day one of booty building done. Will shop today from healthy foods list. Hopefully get me over this chest cold quicker my energy level has plummeted.
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    Did get up and workout and it made me feel so much better. I enjoy my routine. Was able to get the booty workout in but only did it once. I also will have to try to find some time to do some grocery shopping. Happy Monday Team 2 Beat!
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I wish I had better internet at home. Then I could maybe try some of those links. Can't look at them at work. :(

When does the new race start?
  • energyseeker
    Options
    Had oatmeal, with milk and blueberries for breakfast - 3 foods off the list. Added cinnamon and honey which are claimed to have health benefits as well.
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    445367.jpg?651
    AMAZING RACE - WINTER BLITZ!
    is ready to begin on January 23rd!
    Details and the sign-up sheet will be
    available Wednesday! :)
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    jdelaroy wrote: »
    I wish I had better internet at home. Then I could maybe try some of those links. Can't look at them at work. :(

When does the new race start?

January 23rd!! Woohoo! So excited!!
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I came back to just see, and here it was. Great minds. :)
  • kimmy5280
    kimmy5280 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Yay! I'm looking forward to the New Race :) Seems I need that extra incentive to actually meet the challenges. I committed to doing the challenges last week but never got around to the stairs challenge. I did lots of working out but not the stairs or stair master.

As for this week, every one of those sandwiches look delish! However, I am going to opt for the healthy foods list challenge given most of those items are already in my kitchen. I shopped yesterday for the week and the challenge seems to fall in line with what I had on my grocery list.
  • jenilla1
    Options
    So far, I've crossed 6 of the healthy foods off my list: olive oil, turkey breast, green tea, water, eggs, and sweet potatoes. Wonder how many I can get done by the end of the week...
  • energyseeker
    Options
    Ate turkey breast, soy nuts (new to me), green tea (capsule), water, egg after the oatmeal, milk, blueberries this a.m. Have everything on the list in my house for the week. I'm a little sore from the booty workout this a.m., need to get ready for the next amazing race!