TEAM TWO

Options

Replies

• lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    Options
    jdelaroy wrote: »
    I wish I had better internet at home. Then I could maybe try some of those links. Can't look at them at work. :(

Quick synopsis of challenges:

Booty workout - 30 lunges, 20 single leg dead lifts, 20 squats, 30 donkey kicks, and 15 glutes bridges (supposed to do 3 times but I've only been doing it once and am already sore)

15 minutes self care suggestions - read, go outside, call a friend, color, listen to music, practice mindfulness, take a nap, and think positively.

Foods to build a lean body - Turkey breast, olive oil, quinoa, black beans, green tea, eggs, milk, water, sweet potato, soy, beef, whole wheat bread, almonds, yogurt, spinach, oatmeal, salmon, and blueberry.

As for the vegetarian piece, if you want to do that piece, just find some vegetarian recipes or sandwiches to try and let us know about them. :)

Hope this helps you have fun this week!
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Thanks!

Well I read for about an hour yesterday, then took a nice long hot shower. So I did great on the self care.

Lean body challenge: Drinking green tea now, I drink water by the gallons, had oatmeal yesterday and had a spinach wrap this morning. Not too bad considering I hadn't seen the list.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    So far, I've crossed 6 of the healthy foods off my list: olive oil, turkey breast, green tea, water, eggs, and sweet potatoes. Wonder how many I can get done by the end of the week...

Adding soy, milk, beef, spinach and almonds to my list. 11 healthy foods down, 7 to go...
  • energyseeker
    energyseeker Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    soy, almonds, turkey, quinoa, yogurt, blueberries, egg This is an easy one, being able to eat :) The quinoa was a prepackaged item I found on sale that was mixed with tofu which I never have either of these foods- I could only eat half the serving- ick.
    Only doing the booty workouts twice tonight, my legs are sore as well Leslie. I needed to hold onto furniture doing some of them to get through them. The squats are the easiest for me, been doing them since the last amazing race whenever I can fit a few in.
  • jenilla1
    Options
    soy, almonds, turkey, quinoa, yogurt, blueberries, egg This is an easy one, being able to eat :) The quinoa was a prepackaged item I found on sale that was mixed with tofu which I never have either of these foods- I could only eat half the serving- ick.
    Only doing the booty workouts twice tonight, my legs are sore as well Leslie. I needed to hold onto furniture doing some of them to get through them. The squats are the easiest for me, been doing them since the last amazing race whenever I can fit a few in.

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your tofu-quinoa mix. The only way I do tofu is blended into a protein shake. I don't really like it otherwise. Maybe I just haven't had it prepared properly. But I promise quinoa can be delicious. You should definitely try it again some time - maybe without the tofu? ;)
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    Booty workout completed 2 days so far, took a break today.

For the self care, I read a little on Monday, attempted to read last night but not sure I got much done before I started falling asleep. I call my sister on our way to work on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday mornings typically. I go back and forth on the positivity piece. I have always been a very positive person but started struggling with it several years back but once I realized it I have made an effort to regain my positivity.

For the foods, I have had some turkey breast, water (but not enough), sweet potato, a small amount of beef, whole wheat bread, almonds (not many, it's in my granola I put in my yogurt lol), yogurt, and oatmeal.

As for the vegetarian piece...nothing so far. :(
  • PhedraJD
    Options
    Man yesterday I did 2-3x the amount of walking I normally do and my body from the waist down aches. That good, I worked really hard ache.

Today I am taking it easy.

I made a great vegetable soup, but then killed it by adding beef broth and steak to it. It was called clean out the fridge soup. So basically, everything that is getting close to being bad, and whatever else you want to throw in. The steak, and beef broth were leftovers. I was going to throw in lentil, but I couldn't find them in my pantry. I know they are there, just not sure where.

Hopefully, we will see the sign up sheet for the next race today. Have a happy hump day.
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    Woohoo!! Making my TV dinner I brought for lunch today and went to stir it and got super excited when I saw quinoa!! Another one off the list!! Lol.

Plus saw sign ups will be approximately 3 pm PDT. Stay tuned!! :)
  • jenilla1
    Options
    Since I can't eat wheat, I'm subbing in my wheat-free whole grain bread for the whole wheat. So now I have "whole wheat", blueberries, oatmeal and yogurt to add to my list.

15/18 down!
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    Since I can't eat wheat, I'm subbing in my wheat-free whole grain bread for the whole wheat. So now I have "whole wheat", blueberries, oatmeal and yogurt to add to my list.

15/18 down!

Wow...you are determined!! Great job!
  • energyseeker
    Options
    have done 1.5 sets of the booty exercises. Day 3
    ate turkey, whole wheat, yogurt (tried the whipped greek variety - I liked the light texture.) almonds, oatmeal.
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    SIGN-UPS FOR THE
    AMAZING RACE - WINTER BLITZ
    HAVE BEGUN!

THE LINK BELOW WILL TAKE YOU TO THE GROUP SITE!
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/118329-amazing-race-winter-blitz
    IF YOU ARE A RETURNING PLAYER
    AND COMPLETED THE LAST RACE

YOU WILL MOST LIKELY BE ASSIGNED TO YOUR OLD TEAM
    UNLESS YOU REQUEST OTHERWISE.

HERE'S TO A HAPPY & HEALTHY RACE!
    <3:)<3
  • PhedraJD
    Options
    I am signed up and raring to go. :)
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    I just signed up for team 2 thanks for the link @jdelaroy
  • PhedraJD
    Options
    Awesome! :) should be a blast. I volunteered to be a team leader, so either I will be on team 2 again, or leading a team. If I lead a team, I will miss everyone though.
  • energyseeker
    Options
    Yogurt,whole,wheat ,egg,turkey breast, soy nuts,olive oil.
  • jenilla1
    Options

15/18 down!

Love healthy eating challenges! Adding quinoa and black beans, for 17/18, and the week isn't even close to being over. Probably not going to make the whole list, because I have salmon left to do, and I don't even know what to do with salmon. It's not really my thing. If this were a real challenge and the team was depending on me, I would do the salmon for sure. ;)
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    Booty workout completed 4 days so far.

For the self care, nothing more since my last post. :'( Too crazy busy at work. Now we have an ice storm hitting the area, but luckily I can do my job from home if i know ahead of time, so i dont have to go out in this but still plan on working a lot over the weekend too. Think i will habe to find some time for a bath and some reading sometime over the weekend though.

For the foods, pretty sure quinoa is all I've added to my list. Nothing for the vegetarian piece so far. :(
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    So glad to see all the enthusiasm for the upcoming race. I hate to lose you Jen, but if you get to captain your own team as well I will be side-rooting for you!! But I selfishly hope you stay on our team!! Lol.
  • PhedraJD
    Options
    Yeah, I love our team. We have some wonderful people here. I just think though if we didn't have volunteers to help run the teams, the race wouldn't be as successful. So, I need to do my part.

@jenilla1 You can put salmon on a salad, in a wrap, on eggs. Just a few ideas if you really wanted to get the salmon in, but 17/18 is fantastic.