First time Fathead!

Options
124»

Replies

• LolaDeeDaisy23
    LolaDeeDaisy23 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    @RowdysLady I highly recommend using just almond flour maybeeeee flax meal as a sub, but I don't think the recipe would work with coconut flour because you need a lot more wet ingredients. Maybe add 4 eggs instead of the one it calls for? If using flax meal, it will also taste more grainy than using original almond flour.
  • LowCarb4Me2016
    LowCarb4Me2016 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Looks really good. I'm without an oven so it will be awhile before I can try it. I recently heard of someone using pepperoni as "crust" and thought about trying a mini pizza in the toaster oven.
  • cedarsidefarm
    cedarsidefarm Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe.

Has anyone here tried ThinSlim recently? I know from reading some reviews that they had a problem with some breads arriving moldy. But the recent reviews don't have those complaints. Anyway they have everything from cookies to pasta to bread and pizza crust...all low carb.

They have a sampler that if you get the coupon code you get 50% off and it ended up costing me for the sampler about $20.

The sampler hasn't arrived yet. They claimed to have shipped it the day after I ordered. I'll report back on taste if no one has tried their food yet.

Ok, rereading my post, it sounds like an ad. But seriously folks I don't know anything about this site or the company but if you have tried their food, let us know what you think. I'm just tired of cooking everything and hope this site will provide good tasting food on my lazy/busy days.

Here's a link:
    http://www.thinslimfoods.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4&products_id=51
  • idocdlw
    idocdlw Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    What pizza sauce do you guys use? Or just regular tomato paste ok?

Make my own...I looked at lots of keto and paleo sites for inspiration. I don't know if I ever really make it the same way twice because I have adopted my grandmother's way of never measuring. She always amazed me and I am trying hard to adopt some of those same skills.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I think it was @RowdysLady who tried ThinSlim products. If so, she'll give you the scoop on them. I recall whoever it was found at least some of them favorable.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,570 Member
    Options
    Looks really good. I'm without an oven so it will be awhile before I can try it. I recently heard of someone using pepperoni as "crust" and thought about trying a mini pizza in the toaster oven.

I make mini pizzas in the toaster oven like this:

Sprinkle my cheese as a base, add pepperoni, sprinkle more cheese on top, lightly dust with granulated garlic, cook at 350 until all melt and delicious, then broil for a minute or two (love my cheese toasted on top).

You could easily do this with a dollop of sauce on top of the pepperoni.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,757 Member
    Options
    RowdysLady, coconut flour really soaks up any liquids and there isn't much moisture in fathead to start. I'm thinking the texture would be awful with all coconut flour.

My husband liked fathead a lot, I still prefer a cauliflower based recipe from Chef Buck on youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaCYSX5WE5M
    canadjineh wrote: »
    Update... I ate the other 1/4 of the pizza a couple hours later at 9pm. It was too good to resist.

Why does this not surprise us at all??? >:)
  • MyriiStorm
    MyriiStorm Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    My husband liked fathead a lot, I still prefer a cauliflower based recipe from Chef Buck on youtube:

That looks awesome! I can't wait to try it. :smiley:

• missippibelle
    missippibelle Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    bowlerae wrote: »
    I posted this question in a new thread but this one has a lot more activity. For all your FatHeads out there, have you ever had fully-cooked pizza left over? How long did it last and how well did it hold up the next day? The day after? Extra. Does the dough or your toppings get soggy? Did you store in the fridge or the freeze? How did you reheat it?

Thanks.

We had a couple of pieces left over. I re-heated on the top of the stove in an iron skillet. Tasted perfect!
  • pompoms40
    pompoms40 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I ate mine the next day cold and it tasted better and did not go soggy. I'm thinking of making dough put it in my tortilla press then freeze up uncooked and see how that turns out .I think it would be a quick easy meal . :)
  • swezeytba
    swezeytba Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    lamiller82 wrote: »
    Has anyone tried this as "crackers"? My family is big on cheese balls during the holiday, and I was contemplating replacing some of the crackers with this crust.

I was thinking the same thing. We always have a cheeseball at the holidays in my family and I felt like that was probably one of the things I could actually have....I think I will be trying it.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,757 Member
    Options
    Haven't tried it with the fathead, which already has tons of cheese. With cheddar and brie, the cauliflower pizza dough rolled thin worked fine.
  • idocdlw
    idocdlw Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    RowdysLady, coconut flour really soaks up any liquids and there isn't much moisture in fathead to start. I'm thinking the texture would be awful with all coconut flour.

canadjineh wrote: »
    Update... I ate the other 1/4 of the pizza a couple hours later at 9pm. It was too good to resist.

Why does this not surprise us at all??? >:)

Oh my...I have to try this!
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    I have been making batches of cauliflower crusts for a while. I make them at least 4 at a time individual sized. After baking them, i freeze them in a ziploc with parchment paper between and use them one at a time when our family has "family movie night" each week. They order a pizza. I have one left and was thinking I might try fathead crust for the next batch. Has anyone frozen one before? Is so, how did it go? The cauliflower one works pretty well just heating in the oven for about 12 minutes before adding the toppings and then baking to finish.