Help for my Husband

Options
2»

Replies

• cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Given what I have seen and read, I shouldn't have any spike because I was so close to goal weight when I started. For me, it was really just a matter of BG control. Given my PP readings are now consistently in the 90's and sometimes in the 80's, I expect my A1c to be down significantly. My morning readings still fluctuate from 97 to 106, but Dr Nally mentioned in one of his podcasts that his morning reading is consistently around 102, but his A1c is 5.2 now. He said for those of us with IR, this is not uncommon to have higher FBG but have A1c under control with this WOE. We shall soon see
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    carlsoda wrote: »
    high cholesterol without artherosclerosis doesn't mean much. If anything.
    Learn more about cholesterol from the links in the launchpad.
    I would never go back to margarine and turkey bacon even if I did go back to sugar and grains.

Eating more fatty foods than before doesn't necessarily make it a high fat diet.

Thank you! I'm going to have him read the sticky on the launchpad and see if something clicks. I know our local library has a lot of books on this subject and also suggested he do some studying up on this way of eating. (he's a librarian by profession, so he's not scared of reading or books) :)

I used to be a librarian. :heart: I miss it so much.

Oh and subbing to get more links for the LP. :wink:

He is working as an archivist now, hardly any library jobs anymore :(
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »
    carlsoda wrote: »
    @RalfLott very interesting. His ratios come back within the acceptable range but a little high on the optimal range, which means he needs to reduce triglycerides a bit but really increase HDL. Just some tweaking with his diet. I have convinced him to give up half and half and his sweet creamers in his tea and coffee and just do heavy whipping cream :) I appreciate all the advice, you guys are awesome!

Good to hear!

Here's another, short video that talks about lipids in early stages of a LCHF diet.

(The entire interview is worth watching and rewatching. You can find it at the JumpstartMD YouTube channel, along with snippets broken down by topic.)

https://youtu.be/MNfjkTyBUdQ

Very interesting thanks for sharing!