Fitbit anyone?

Options
Bonny132
Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
I was just wondering if any of you wonderful people has a Fitbit and would be interested in doing a weekly "workweek" challenge LCD board members to get us all motivated to keep on stepping up to get to those steps in?

Alternatively, we could do a step thread to keep us all walking and getting fitter?

Replies

• cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit. I average around 19k steps a day during the week and 15k on the weekends. I see myself as in between "normal" people and those who are psychotic (those I see who get 40-50k a day). I am not a runner. I just don't sit still well and will pace in my office whenever I am on a phone call that lasts more than a minute.
  • 805_blondie
    805_blondie Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I have one, but my charger broke and I'm waiting for a new one.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I have a FitBit Surge. I get a lot fewer steps during the week - office job. Up until recently, I had been working on my MBA nights and weekends, so wasn't really getting many steps at night or even on many weekends. That has changed, so I do plan to run a few nights per week - will hit 10K steps most of those days if I do. The only problem now is having enough daylight left to do that in the evening. If only daylight savings time were year-round...
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm 4000-6000 during a normal to busy office day, maybe 1500-2000 on a weekend day with no grocery shopping. I also don't do well with challenges - I tend to drop health by the wayside with my competitive spirit kicking in, forcing me to push damaged limbs past their endurance/current healed levels...
  • Bonny132
    Options
    Please hit me up peeps at Bonny132@hotmail.com

@KnitOrMiss we do not need to compete, more about encouraging each other, cheering as we go on and have some banter along the way. At the moment I am 6-8K myself apart from weekends when I do bugger all.
  • MKknits
    MKknits Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit and would LOVE to participate.
  • cstehansen
    Options
    i just sent invite to Bonny. My email is cstehansen@gmail.com for fitbit.
  • Bonny132
    Options
    I got one taker :)
    Come on guys, this is the MOST supporting forum. So let's go for it :)
  • MKknits
    MKknits Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    My email is mkpovak@gmail.com on fitbut add me! I just added Bonny and cstehansen
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me, but I'll warn you, I'm really not active these days.

https://www.fitbit.com/user/2GDYDQ
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
  • ProCoffeenator
    ProCoffeenator Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Oh! Oh! Me too!!!
    https://www.fitbit.com/user/4BHMCV
    Totally up for it!
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    Has anyone started a step challenge for us LCD users? I'm working on another challenge group so if you all want me to start one I will!
    I'll start adding you all for now!
  • cstehansen
    Options
    Has anyone started a step challenge for us LCD users? I'm working on another challenge group so if you all want me to start one I will!
    I'll start adding you all for now!

Yes. It is for next week. I think that is you I just invited
  • ProCoffeenator
    Options
    Yup! You got me! Thanks for the add!
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    If anyone in Australia is looking for a fitbit, I have a fitbit flex for sale, very little use - comes with charger and 6 or 8 bands for $35 plus post.
  • Bonny132
    Options
    My FitBit broke, but I must say this, their customer service is amazing! A quick chat, a receipt and a picture later, and I received the confirmation that I am still under warranty so will be receiving a new one. This is the most painfree claim I have ever made. I am suitably impressed. Hoping my replacement will be here next week :D
  • cstehansen
    Options
    Bonny132 wrote: »
    My FitBit broke, but I must say this, their customer service is amazing! A quick chat, a receipt and a picture later, and I received the confirmation that I am still under warranty so will be receiving a new one. This is the most painfree claim I have ever made. I am suitably impressed. Hoping my replacement will be here next week :D

I couldn't agree more. A few months ago, my Charge band broke. It was a gift, so I had no proof of purchase but they replaced it with a Charge HR (because they discontinued the Charge) at no cost. They could not have been nicer. So I now have a better model than I had before.
  • tonic47
    tonic47 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Has anyone else had a problem with Fitbit steps syncing with MFP? My food still syncs, but not the steps. I've tried disconnecting the app and then reconnecting, and restarting the fitbit, but nothing seems to work! It worked fine before, but about a month or so ago, it stopped. I have a Fitbit One.
  • cstehansen
    Options
    I had a problem for a while after one of the MFP updates recently, but the last update seems to have fixed it.