Fitbit anyone?

Options

Replies

• nichellelee2002
    nichellelee2002 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My name is Nichelle and I'd love to be part of a Fitbit group. I've been using one for many years. My email is nichellelee2002@yahoo.com. Look forward to this challenge!
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    My name is Nichelle and I'd love to be part of a Fitbit group. I've been using one for many years. My email is nichellelee2002@yahoo.com. Look forward to this challenge!

just sent you an invite
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    Wohooo my replacement FitBit will be here next week, just had the confirmation it has been shipped. Here is the link for anyone wanting to add me:

public url: //www.fitbit.com/user/3MTRNH
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Just so everyone is aware... I'm really thinking about switching to Garmin. Will see what happens over the next few months.

So if you add me and then notice I disappear from Fitbit, that is probably what happened.
  • idocdlw
    idocdlw Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I'll play...however without the Fitbit. I've owned 3...all crapped out. Number 2 was a "free" replacement as the first died while under warranty. I put free in quotes because it took 2+ hours on the phone with a rep to troubleshoot (he finally admitted defeat) for the warranty to be honored...my time is worth $ so not exactly free. Number 2 died so replaced with my own $. When number 3 went belly up, I didn't bother spending the 2 hrs on the phone with a tech to get a replacement. Over a two year stretch while they were working, I learned that on average for me, 4.2 miles = 10000 steps. I no longer use a tracker...if I have a step goal, I just translate it into distance and get 'er done.
  • dansi1123
    dansi1123 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I will be interested in the challenge also. Please add me daniella_perreau@me.com
  • Bonny132
    Options
    Honestly it took me 10mins with Fitbit to get mine replaced. Sorry it was a pain for you.
  • cstehansen
    Options
    dansi1123 wrote: »
    Hi, I will be interested in the challenge also. Please add me daniella_perreau@me.com

sent you an invite
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Does anyone here have a Fitbit Alta?
  • Christie241
    Christie241 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have the Alta and love it. I got the charge for Christmas last year and it needed replaced and since they were discontinuing it, they replaced it for free with the Alta.
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I used to have a fitbit charge, the band gave me a rash. I wear a misfit shine now. Waterproof, lasts 4 to 6 months on a battery with no charging, syncs seamlessly with MFP, light and comfortable and looks pretty. I wouldn't go back to a fitbit.
  • idocdlw
    idocdlw Posts: 208 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I just looked up the shine and see so many. Which one have you had and for how long? They are not rated so well on Amazon. I am a no go on Fitbit after negative experience so appreciate any info on alternatives. Thanks for sharing!
  • Christie241
    Christie241 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in the challenge and new friends. I need motivation. Please add me. christielhickman@yahoo.com
  • cstehansen
    Options
    I'm interested in the challenge and new friends. I need motivation. Please add me. christielhickman@yahoo.com

just sent you an invite
  • clawson91
    clawson91 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Count me in! theittlegirl@hotmail.com
  • Ag5SbS4
    Ag5SbS4 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    yes, please! recently switched to fitbit from Garmin, and I'm missing the community/challenges... https://www.fitbit.com/user/4T8LGR
  • Bonny132
    Options
    Bump in case anyone else wants to join in on the fun. I'll be joining in next week once my new FitBit arrives.
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    idocdlw wrote: »
    I just looked up the shine and see so many. Which one have you had and for how long? They are not rated so well on Amazon. I am a no go on Fitbit after negative experience so appreciate any info on alternatives. Thanks for sharing!

I have the speedo version of the misfit shine. I'm going to buy a misfit shine 2 at some point (has a few more features). Most of the low reviews are because of the band and the potential for it to pop out and get lost. But there are a couple of solutions to this. Another band (the leather one is very secure) or the Action Clip which I'm currently using on the original band. It's very secure, I horse ride etc and it's never popped out.

I've had several different trackers and I've found this one the best for comfort, ease of use, and looks. I wear it to bed, in the shower, everywhere and I don't have to worry about it. I'm someone who used to remove their watch several times a day because it annoyed me, but the shine does not.
  • Bonny132
    Options
    idocdlw wrote: »

I have only had one FitBit ever, took me a while to get one tbh. Mine lasted 14months and broke. But FitBit customer services were amazing. I am now a complete convert as they were that good.
    I cannot imagine using an alternative, but I hope you find one that suits you and your lifestyle.
  • kimberwolf71
    kimberwolf71 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too: //www.fitbit.com/user/3LXPGJ
    My goal is 10k/day... I usually do well during the week, horrible on the weekends. A few of us at work do the challenges... the losers put $2 in the pot... we haven't decided how to determine the winner yet lol. That won't work with us being so dispersed, but the challenges are a good motivator for many!