1st Goal
TDEE 1,572/day 11,002/week
BMI 22.5

Pounds to lose: 10 pounds

Replies

• DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    I'm going to commit to OMAD without lowering calories at first to get used to the routine for the first week. Once my body adapts to the one meal a day, then I will tackle lowering calories. My goal is to lose 10 pounds by April and get into mid normal BMI. I am currently in high-normal BMI.
  • DebSozo
    Options
    It feels great to get started. My weight had crept slowly up over the years. I managed to lose 10 pounds but then plateaued and couldn't drop the last 10 pounds.

I realize that many will not consider the 24 BMI to be unreasonable. I would like to get sleek and trim like I used to be at around 22 BMI and to feel confident in a bathing suit by next summer.
  • mittenswillet
    mittenswillet Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I got the biggest grin on my face........I'm SO happy your doing this Deb.

My biggest advice I can give you is that drinks are your best friend between meal times. I drink alot.....it keeps the hunger down and sanity up. hahha

I think your going to do great, and we will all hold your hand on this journey, helping and supporting you all the way =)<3<3<3
  • AmeliaOMAD
    AmeliaOMAD Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Deb! We can do this, I'm here with you. My goal is about the same as yours. It's a wonderful thought to think that by the time New Years rolls around we will look back at 6 weeks of a whole new life. It won't be hard anymore, it will just be the way things are, and we'll enjoy the change so much.
    I know I'm only a few days ahead of you, but have already picked up a couple of tricks to get through the day and I'm here to cheer you on. :)
    You're gonna feel so good after that meal tonight.
  • AmeliaOMAD
    Options
    What I HAVE learnt so far- a "failure" day isn't a failure, or a reason to think you can't do it. It's just a new way of finding what works, and what doesn't. (At least in my book, had a couple of body days, but I'm sticking, and you will too).
  • AmeliaOMAD
    Options
    * bodgy, not body
  • DebSozo
    Options
    I am hungry and have a bit of a dull headache, but it isn't as bad as I imagined for the first day. It might be because I had gotten used to 16:8 (brunch at 10 am and dinner at 6pm) Intermittent Fasting? It is after 3 pm though and I really would like to eat dinner early. But hubby gets home at 5 pm so I will wait.
  • DebSozo
    Options
    My hunger is ramping up. I'll go drink some hot green tea.
  • OMADing1
    OMADing1 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    DebSozo wrote: »
    I am hungry and have a bit of a dull headache, but it isn't as bad as I imagined for the first day. It might be because I had gotten used to 16:8 (brunch at 10 am and dinner at 6pm) Intermittent Fasting? It is after 3 pm though and I really would like to eat dinner early. But hubby gets home at 5 pm so I will wait.

You are such the shero Deb...I remember my first day, I had a headache from hades, but just that one day. Here's to hoping it's just one day for you too. I used to be a coffee junkie before OMAD, so the monster headache was also most certainly because of my stopping cofffee too.

Deb, you're no only helping yourself, but LOTS more people (like me, and others reading). YAY YOU!!!!! o:)
  • DebSozo
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Yesterday I planned to eat dinner around 5:30 but was overcome and hijacked by hunger cravings at 3:30 and had a couple pieces of lunch meat and two bites of leftover chili. Then I ate my normal 5:30 pm meal at dinner of 4 oz steak, mushrooms, onions, and broccoli.

Around 8pm I started getting itchy and developed hives across the top of my upper chest and neck. I never get hives. Could this be related to the longer period of time fasting? Or maybe I was reacting to the lunch meat preservatives? I don't know. It was unusual.
  • DebSozo
    Options
    If people have not noticed, I've been digging into older threads to see what has happened good for people long term on OMAD.
  • mittenswillet
    mittenswillet Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    itching can be related to weight loss. From my own experience i get enormous itches around my c section scar when I start to lose weight its an itch that I cant stop scratching because it dosent go away. The only solution that fixed it was coconut oil, so I use that every day now.

Your dinner sounded awesome!! I know its not easy......but really try to not eat until dinner time.

There was a saying that Joe says when you want to eat.

"I will eat, but just not right now."

That saying had been the corner stone of my last OMAD last year, and now, this journey too.

If you really cant wait......try drinking something first...this always helps me, and hopefully help you too!!

I still think your day was killer!!

Keep on rocking girl =)

• OMADing1
    OMADing1 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I planned to eat dinner around 5:30 but was overcome and hijacked by hunger cravings at 3:30 and had a couple pieces of lunch meat and two bites of leftover chili. Then I ate my normal 5:30 pm meal at dinner of 4 oz steak, mushrooms, onions, and broccoli.

Around 8pm I started getting itchy and developed hives across the top of my upper chest and neck. I never get hives. Could this be related to the longer period of time fasting? Or maybe I was reacting to the lunch meat preservatives? I don't know. It was unusual.

Interesting! My father used to always tell me that "itching" was always a sign of something "healing", so I'm going to go with that! You're doing great, keep it up Boo!
  • DebSozo
    Options
    OMADing1 wrote: »

Interesting! My father used to always tell me that "itching" was always a sign of something "healing", so I'm going to go with that! You're doing great, keep it up Boo!

Healing is good. The sides of my neck and just below collarbone areas were the worst.

• DebSozo
    Options
    I saw some evidence that some people do get rash and itching during fasting. Maybe it's nothing to be concerned about.
    :)
  • DebSozo
    Options
    I lost a pound! I lost a pound! I was on a plateau. But now I'm not! Yippee!
  • DebSozo
    Options
    ^this is a big deal for me. You have no idea. I lose slowly. A pound is huge in my little world.
  • DebSozo
    edited November 2016
    Options
    itching can be related to weight loss. From my own experience i get enormous itches around my c section scar when I start to lose weight its an itch that I cant stop scratching because it dosent go away. The only solution that fixed it was coconut oil, so I use that every day now.

Your dinner sounded awesome!! I know its not easy......but really try to not eat until dinner time.

There was a saying that Joe says when you want to eat.

"I will eat, but just not right now."

That saying had been the corner stone of my last OMAD last year, and now, this journey too.

If you really cant wait......try drinking something first...this always helps me, and hopefully help you too!!

I still think your day was killer!!

Keep on rocking girl =)

Thank you! The calories were on target. I will work on closing the "window". I think it was a success in that I went from 16:8 to 21:3. Not too shabby. I will concentrate on being optimistic and positive. I like your attitude.
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I lost a pound! I lost a pound! I was on a plateau. But now I'm not! Yippee!

Yayyyy. Congrats and welcome!
    I hate plateaus! The worst!

1 pound is pretty awesome. Keep it up ;)
  • DebSozo
    edited November 2016
    Options

It gives me hope. This one itty-bitty bitty pound came at a crucial time for me. I've been on a plateau for a YEAR!