DebSozo -- OMAD

Options

Replies

• AmeliaOMAD
    AmeliaOMAD Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hi Deb,

I hear you on the refined sugar and carbohydrate thing, I struggle with the same thing.
    Sometimes if you have a reaction to something it can trigger an addiction, I struggle with this with pasta, bread, sugar, etc. I feel SOOO much better, more energy, less hunger, etc when I steer clear of it (even potatoes trigger me). All of these things actually raise insulin in your system, which spikes blood sugar, which leads to increased hunger and brain fog, low energy, etc.
    Even yesterday, I broke OMAD (as I was with someone, we ate out at a pizza place, then had some chocolate, etc. I came home later and had to have another meal (tuna, capsicum and tomatoes, olive oil and some yoghurt, my body was craving it) as I just felt like my body needed some nutrients, I can really feel now which foods have not given me what my body needs, and will further spike bingeing/ eating off schedule.
    I stick with protein, low carb vegetables and good fats now.
    Refined carbs become sugar in the body, and act in the same way.

• DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Hi Deb,

I hear you on the refined sugar and carbohydrate thing, I struggle with the same thing.
    Sometimes if you have a reaction to something it can trigger an addiction, I struggle with this with pasta, bread, sugar, etc. I feel SOOO much better, more energy, less hunger, etc when I steer clear of it (even potatoes trigger me). All of these things actually raise insulin in your system, which spikes blood sugar, which leads to increased hunger and brain fog, low energy, etc.
    Even yesterday, I broke OMAD (as I was with someone, we ate out at a pizza place, then had some chocolate, etc. I came home later and had to have another meal (tuna, capsicum and tomatoes, olive oil and some yoghurt, my body was craving it) as I just felt like my body needed some nutrients, I can really feel now which foods have not given me what my body needs, and will further spike bingeing/ eating off schedule.
    I stick with protein, low carb vegetables and good fats now.
    Refined carbs become sugar in the body, and act in the same way.

Yes. I do think that I am prediabetic and MUST return to low carb. I realize that. I was trying to reintroduce more carbs and was getting all of the bad symptoms back. It was throwing my body out of equilibrium and was raising my body weight set point.

I watched several of Eric Berg's webinars. He says the worst advice for someone who is sensitive to carbs is "everything in moderation" and says CICO model does not work for everyone. "Break Through Any Weight Loss Plateau" is very informative. I have been experiencing a plateau for a very long time. That is why I was getting excited about losing one teensy pound at the beginning of OMAD. I want to break through so much.

On a brighter note... today is day 14. Like Joe predicted, my body began ((finally)) to adapt to OMAD. His videos have helped correct sabotaging thoughts that "this won't work" and "you're wasting your time".

I will be okay on this diet. It is a battle but well worth it. Thank you for urging me onward, Amelia. I'm sticking through because of Joe's and your initial challenge. Also agreeing with you to commit ongoing support for "6 weeks" has helped to keep me accountable to someone other than myself for this plan to make headway. You joining at the same time has helped me get through the rough spots, Warrior Princess.

ETA video:
    https://youtu.be/icudj2WWK2A
  • mittenswillet
    mittenswillet Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    day 14 already for you guys??? time flies hey!! <3<3
    I think everyone is really doing awesome!
  • DebSozo
    Options
    day 14 already for you guys??? time flies hey!! <3<3
    I think everyone is really doing awesome!

Plodding along. Lol.
  • SavedByGrace26356
    SavedByGrace26356 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Keep plodding....anything you can do to move forward is a good thing.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Keep going!
  • DebSozo
    Options
    AmeliaOMAD wrote: »
    But yes, it's getting easier, psychologically. I'm still facing the hunger, but the determination is getting stronger. It's less of a "i feel deprived" thought, and more of a "I'm gonna win this fight" thing :)

Gonna win this battle! We are all on the same team. Thanks for the pep rally everybody! Go Team OMAD! We are all in this together!
  • DebSozo
    edited November 2016
    Options
    The pep talk helped. Today was a brighter and more optimistic one. It is amazing how a scale result or too small clothes can ruin my day. I found some clothes that fit nicely on me, and will try to squeeze into my cute tights and skirt outfit another day after I've lost about 10 pounds.
  • DebSozo
    edited November 2016
    Options
    DebSozo wrote: »
    Sorry I haven't posted much. I've not been feeling like myself and have not been adjusting to OMAD as easily as I had hoped. I haven't given up, but this difficulty has quite taken me by surprise.

Sounds like we all had bad weeks this week, so take some comfort Deb that you were not
    alone this week in your struggle.

How are you doing, Kitty? I appreciate you stopping by with consolation. Yes, I do take much comfort that there are others in the community who have experienced the same things.
  • DebSozo
    Options
    Thanks Linda and Joe for encouraging me to keep going. My tendency is to pull in when I'm discouraged. But your reminders helped me to keep moving onward.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Keep going even if its slow! We are in it for the long haul.
  • DebSozo
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    Keep going even if its slow! We are in it for the long haul.

Yes, we are. :)
  • SavedByGrace26356
    SavedByGrace26356 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Thanks Linda and Joe for encouraging me to keep going. My tendency is to pull in when I'm discouraged. But your reminders helped me to keep moving onward.

I'm so glad. The only time you stop trying is when you're on the other side of the dirt and not on this side. Thinking of you!!
  • DebSozo
    Options
    ~~~》》It's getting easier.《《~~~
  • DebSozo
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I've moved out of initial adjustment period and am hoping to see positive changes happening. I'm glad I stuck with this. I'm not kidding-- this was not easy for me.
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Yay! Have you set up a day per week when you'll measure yourself ? :)
  • DebSozo
    edited December 2016
    Options
    1MADGIRL wrote: »
    Yay! Have you set up a day per week when you'll measure yourself ? :)

Good idea. I'll see results weekly? That would be a dream come true! I only have 10 pounds to lose as my goal. Maybe monthly? Hmmm. Okay I'll measure.
  • 1MADGIRL
    Options
    It all depends on what motivates you more. Definitely set a date though, be it once a week or once a month. I prefer frequent but the majority seems to favour not measuring up too frequently. I have 12 pounds to lose. So we have very similar goals :)
  • DebSozo
    Options
    1MADGIRL wrote: »
    It all depends on what motivates you more. Definitely set a date though, be it once a week or once a month. I prefer frequent but the majority seems to favour not measuring up too frequently. I have 12 pounds to lose. So we have very similar goals :)

Awesome. I tend to stress out if I weigh or measure too frequently. I'm hoping to lose 2 pounds a month and be at goal by April. If I lose quicker I'll be thrilled. But last 10 pounds comes off very slowly. I've tried more aggressive dieting but my body will hit a wall and rebel if I push too hard.
  • 1MADGIRL
    Options

Awesome. I tend to stress out if I weigh or measure too frequently. I'm hoping to lose 2 pounds a month and be at goal by April. If I lose quicker I'll be thrilled. But last 10 pounds comes off very slowly. I've tried more aggressive dieting but my body will hit a wall and rebel if I push too hard.

and if i can guess, you probably won't stick to it if its too aggressive !

So you can weigh yourself at the end of every month if you like :) This month will be tough with Christmas and New years!