DebSozo -- OMAD

Options

Replies

• DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I changed my "window" and gained some weight. I don't know if this is just coincidental. Now I feel like I'm thrown off schedule and am quite disappointed. I suppose I will revert back to the previous window and see what happens.
  • DebSozo
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I think it is coincidental and "just" stress and water retention. I'm not eating more than normal. I'll wait it out. In a couple of days extra water weight will flush out.
  • AmeliaOMAD
    AmeliaOMAD Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    noooo what! 2 weeks! blimey!

Yes I guess it is like 5:2, but OMAD all the days, with three- 5 super low cal days.
  • AmeliaOMAD
    AmeliaOMAD Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    yes, water retention, other stuff. Oh the joys of being a lady.
  • DebSozo
    Options
    AmeliaOMAD wrote: »
    yes, water retention, other stuff. Oh the joys of being a lady.

Guys don't seem to understand how bloating feels.
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing it is coincidental. Let us know in a few days :)
  • DebSozo
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I went to a Christmas party last night. It was better than expected. The food choices were healthy with salad and lots of vegetables. I had one small plate of food and turned down dessert for decaf coffee. I feel really good about my choices.

I won third place for my costume at the party, the prize was Lindt chocolates, which I will be quickly passing over to my underweight mother in law who will appreciate them. I'm not even tempted. This has given me a bit of a confidence boost.

(Edited Typo)
  • SavedByGrace26356
    SavedByGrace26356 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Great job....and your determination is contagious!
  • Anneli_F
    Anneli_F Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Wow, you did great!
    I'm not sure I would have your strenght when it comes to Lindts chocolates, they're my favourites. But you did it!
  • 1MADGIRL
    Options
    I'm so proud of you! You're a star!!
  • DebSozo
    Options
    Anneli_F wrote: »
    Wow, you did great!
    I'm not sure I would have your strenght when it comes to Lindts chocolates, they're my favourites. But you did it!

I had to tell hubby not to buy them for me as they were a Christmas-time weakness in the past, so this is a nice surprise for myself.
  • 1MADGIRL
    Options
    The result is more rewarding :)
  • DebSozo
    Options
    1MADGIRL wrote: »
    The result is more rewarding :)

I'm not even missing them this season! Chocolate used to be something that I could not keep in the house.
  • DebSozo
    Options
    Last night (Monday) we went to Longhorn Steak House with the in-laws for dinner since we will be out of state for Christmas. I did great with smallest sirloin (it said 6 oz on the menu but looked smaller). I had broccoli as the side along with a garden salad.

I feel like it was successful but there was a ton of salt as part of the seasoning rub. I feel quite bloated from the sodium which is a recurring theme after eating restaurant foods. I must remember to tell them to hold the seasonings next time when eating out!
  • Anneli_F
    Anneli_F Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I hope the evening was pleasant! Sounds like you did really good choices, even though the seasoning rub. Feeling bloated is no fun, but it goes away - just give it a day or so :)
  • 1MADGIRL
    Options
    You're doing really well!
    Unfortunately often even if you order a salad they layer on layers of fat.
  • DebSozo
    edited December 2016
    Options
    1MADGIRL wrote: »
    You're doing really well!
    Unfortunately often even if you order a salad they layer on layers of fat.

Thankfully mine wasn't and was mostly lettuce, but I know what you mean. I got the low cal vinaigrette on the garden salad, the steamed broccoli was plain, and the steak was nice and small.
  • DebSozo
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I hope the evening was pleasant! Sounds like you did really good choices, even though the seasoning rub. Feeling bloated is no fun, but it goes away - just give it a day or so :)

Thanks. I'm getting used to it but really hate that feeling of puffiness after eating salt. I drink a lot of water to flush out the sodium. It takes a few days. Patience.
  • SavedByGrace26356
    SavedByGrace26356 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    DebSozo wrote: »

Thanks. I'm getting used to it but really hate that feeling of puffiness after eating salt. I drink a lot of water to flush out the sodium. It takes a few days. Patience.

Drink a lot of water to flush it out of your body.
  • DebSozo
    edited December 2016
    Options
    DebSozo wrote: »

Drink a lot of water to flush it out of your body.

It makes me feel pudgy, thick, and sloshy. The button on my jeans won't close, and I can't take off the ring on my finger. I'm a bit discouraged today but realize that it will pass. But still, dealing with this uncomfortable puffy sensation and muffin top is difficult. I worry that I might have a medical issue as I don't remember problems with water weight when I was younger.