I know this sounds nasty but....

Options
graysmom2005
graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
I was reading Oxygen a couple weeks ago, and I read of this concoction from a fitness competitor. It's egg whites mixed with chicken. Then covered with a TBS of peanut butter and sugar free syrup. Haha. I'm obsessed. I love sweet/salty things. I love peanut sauce...I have this all the time now. Almost no carbs and I'm full for hours.
Anyone else have a nasty meal that they're in love with?

Replies

• anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    I used to mix cottage cheese and tuna. Sometimes I would throw in steamed edamame. It was actually pretty good but everyone who saw it assured me it was nasty looking! lol
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    My most recent sludge mixture.

Natty PB, cottage cheese, canned pumpkin, non-fat yogurt, cinnamon roll whey, vanilla casein, non-fat cream cheese, Torani cinnamon vanilla syrup. Looks like animal vomit, tastes like hnnnngggggg.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options

Natty PB, cottage cheese, canned pumpkin, non-fat yogurt, cinnamon roll whey, vanilla casein, non-fat cream cheese, Torani cinnamon vanilla syrup. Looks like animal vomit, tastes like hnnnngggggg.

Photo?
  • Gallowmere1984
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »

Photo?

u1c9f6iwntq8.jpeg
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options

Photo?

u1c9f6iwntq8.jpeg

looks like mustard
  • Gallowmere1984
    Options
    cstehansen wrote: »

Photo?

u1c9f6iwntq8.jpeg

looks like mustard

Keep in mind, rhat's after I hit it with an immersion blender to get the cottage cheese curds and chunks from the PB into a consistent paste. It looks awful prior to that.
  • 40DayFit
    40DayFit Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Baby poo looks like mustard too... LOL!
  • supergal3
    supergal3 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I second all of the above, you are definitely eating mustard :D
  • supergal3
    supergal3 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I recently tried something I heard last week on the Fat Summit from the female doctor at Indiana U. Whipped cream, stevia (if needed), mascapone cheese, vanilla extract or any other non-carb flavorings of your choosing. She said she had it for a quick week day breakfast.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    supergal3 wrote: »
    I recently tried something I heard last week on the Fat Summit from the female doctor at Indiana U. Whipped cream, stevia (if needed), mascapone cheese, vanilla extract or any other non-carb flavorings of your choosing. She said she had it for a quick week day breakfast.

@supergal3 - I've done that before, just without the marscapone, which I only recently located at a store! :)
  • Gallowmere1984
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    supergal3 wrote: »

@supergal3 - I've done that before, just without the marscapone, which I only recently located at a store! :)

I was amazed to find a cheese with the macro ratios that mascarpone has, and the fact that it's a soft cheese is even more astonishing. It shouldn't be, but really, most low-carb cheeses are the harder ones.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Mascarpone is a cheese straight from heaven. The only reason I bought it before was to make Tiramisu. Now it is a regular for me straight off the spoon.
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Yep, I snack on little 50g tubs of pate. My co-workers think it's gross.
  • dancing_daisy
    dancing_daisy Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Sliced red peppers with peanut butter. Its actually really refreshing both in taste and that fact that they go together!
  • btrsun10
    btrsun10 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm totally with you on the salty/sweet thing! If I have cals left over at the end of the day I have 30g peanut butter with 35g of Wensleydale cheese with cranberries. OMG its like the most delicious dessert I could imagine - my 2 favourite things.
    I'm actually still surprised that 6 weeks in I can eat like this and lose weight consistently. Why did no one tell me this sooner??!! LOL
  • Gallowmere1984
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »
    Mascarpone is a cheese straight from heaven. The only reason I bought it before was to make Tiramisu. Now it is a regular for me straight off the spoon.

I've actually taken to using it as the fat provider in my sludge that uses tiramisu flavored whey, as opposed to the PB or AB I use in everything else. It works amazingly well.
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I was reading Oxygen a couple weeks ago, and I read of this concoction from a fitness competitor. It's egg whites mixed with chicken. Then covered with a TBS of peanut butter and sugar free syrup. Haha. I'm obsessed. I love sweet/salty things. I love peanut sauce...I have this all the time now. Almost no carbs and I'm full for hours
    Anyone else have a nasty meal that they're in love with?
    Our local Chinese restaurant has some lovely sweet peanut butter coated chicken strips. It tastes amazing. I would love a low carb version! So, do you dip the chicken into an egg white, cook and then coat it with melted pb? Or is this in an egg fu young type mixture with small bits of chicken in the egg white like an omelet with a peanut sauce ? Or are we talking about a slurry?

• VKetoV
    VKetoV Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Sludge! Whey protein + any nut/legume butter +/- low carb berry +/- fat of choice. Water is optional & for consistency purposes only. Whey can be substituted with yogurt or cottage cheese. End result is some really good tasting substance with an "appetizing" diarrhea like appearance. Invention of your modern day bodybuilder
  • Gallowmere1984
    Options
    VKetoV wrote: »
    Sludge! Whey protein + any nut/legume butter +/- low carb berry +/- fat of choice. Water is optional & for consistency purposes only. Whey can be substituted with yogurt or cottage cheese. End result is some really good tasting substance with an "appetizing" diarrhea like appearance. Invention of your modern day bodybuilder

Imo, casein makes a much better sludge, just because it's thicker. Whey sludge has a horrible tendancy to go from thick as hell to watery soup if you sneeze near it. Though, my recent recipe actually uses 20g vanilla casein and 20g cinnamon roll whey. It's a hair thinner than I'd like, but a gram or two of Xanthan gum fixes that pretty quick.
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    VKetoV wrote: »

Oh okay. I've mixed peanut butter and chocolate whey powder with just a bit of almond milk and it is sort of almost the consistency of thick paste you can eat with a spoon. But I'm talking about a scoop of whey powder and a tablespoon of pb with enough liquid to make it sticky. I haven't tried pb with yogurt or cottage cheese though. Sounds interesting.