Anneli's journey

Options

Replies

• Anneli_F
    Anneli_F Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Gained a kg, but some of that is probably water as I had bread again. I haven't had much carbs the last couple of weeks and now I had that for both breakfast and dinner.
    Half of the kg was gone this morning and the rest will disappere soon I hope.

I'm really not looking forward to new years eve, we're invited to a big dinner party and now I just want to continue with my Omading without interuptions.
    We'll see what happens, perhaps I'm sick ;) Not just because of the food thing, we always spend new years with my husbands friends and I always end up sitting somewhere alone most of the evening, waiting to go home. Combine the two and I would have a better time at home alone I think, I'm not much of a party person.
  • OMADhungerispower
    OMADhungerispower Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    hello Anneli! :) So good to e-meet you. You're such a cutie, and I love your frankness in your posts. You're exercising intuitive eating and that's what I aspire to practise- to eat only when hungry, and not because the clock says it's time for food.

Fast before your big party on NYE! Perhaps even for a day prior, and having a jug of liquids before the party. Do tell us how it goes. Hope you have a splendid holiday!
    xx
    Lex
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Anneli_F wrote: »
    Gained a kg, but some of that is probably water as I had bread again. I haven't had much carbs the last couple of weeks and now I had that for both breakfast and dinner.
    Half of the kg was gone this morning and the rest will disappere soon I hope.

I'm really not looking forward to new years eve, we're invited to a big dinner party and now I just want to continue with my Omading without interuptions.
    We'll see what happens, perhaps I'm sick ;) Not just because of the food thing, we always spend new years with my husbands friends and I always end up sitting somewhere alone most of the evening, waiting to go home. Combine the two and I would have a better time at home alone I think, I'm not much of a party person.

Good luck and think of us ! If you've got 3G or wifi on your phone , let us know how you're going!
  • Anneli_F
    edited December 2016
    Options
    hello Anneli! :) So good to e-meet you. You're such a cutie, and I love your frankness in your posts. You're exercising intuitive eating and that's what I aspire to practise- to eat only when hungry, and not because the clock says it's time for food.

Fast before your big party on NYE! Perhaps even for a day prior, and having a jug of liquids before the party. Do tell us how it goes. Hope you have a splendid holiday!
    xx
    Lex

Hi - nice to meet you too!! :) You know what, I'm going to have some egg salad with avocado for lunch today and drink lots of water and tea, and then go there and really try to enjoy myself. I do have an excuse to go home early if I want to, we have a dog who isn't all that fond of fireworks. Not scared, but not happy either.
    Thank you for your encouraging words, I really appreciate them!
    1MADGIRL wrote: »

Good luck and think of us ! If you've got 3G or wifi on your phone , let us know how you're going!

I do have you guys here that I can talk to, that is wonderful! I just love that! <3
  • Anneli_F
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I had a good time, had a really nice meal and few drinks but then I went home. Best time of the evening, my dog and I danced through the fire works. Today I awoke full of energy, not something everyone does! Hope you all did too!
  • SavedByGrace26356
    SavedByGrace26356 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I had a good time, had a really nice meal and few drinks but then I went home. Best time of the evening, my dog and I danced through the fire works. Today I awoke full of energy, not something everyone does! Hope you all did too!

Sounds like fun with your dog. I love pets because they give us so much love. ♥
  • 1MADGIRL
    Options

Sounds like fun with your dog. I love pets because they give us so much love. ♥

Agree :)
  • Anneli_F
    Options
    Ah, the 1st and 2nd was worse than nye. No proper food and too much snacking while watching tv and hanging out. Me and my husband almost never have any time togheter and I really enjoyed spending time with him. Not that that is an excuse, ha ha, I know... ;)
    Starting over with OMAD on tuesday was hard and I'm still more hungry than normal. Three days are just too much time off the diet.

I had a little jump upwards on the scales after this holiday but today it turned back down again. I'm not back to my lowest weight, but it's only 0.5kg there, so not too bad. Anyway, lesson learned, it's easier to just keep at it and not stray, at least if I want to avoid being hungry.
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    It is a little difficult to get back on track once we take a break.
  • 1MADGIRL
    Options
    I'm struggling with the same thing! I was on break from OMAD and settling back now. Gained a bit but its okay. New year goals :)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    The mind can switch gears. This last year I had a 4 month and a 2 month period where I didn't do OMAD and mostly did 16:8 and also had some days with no fasting at all. I gained weight back during those times. Each time I've jumped back into the OMAD, I lose though, every time! So I've got the tools, I just got to work it. Once you jump back in, it's not as hard anymore. I'm doing this a little different than most though because I eat ad libitum and graze during my 3-4 hour window and always have. That makes it more sustainable for me and not as hard since I get full each night. I think that practice could get a lot of people in trouble though weight-wise but it has worked for me (I'm fairly active and I think my metabolism lets me do that).
  • Anneli_F
    Options
    Just like you say blambo, we got the tools the day we decide to jump back into it. That is great knowledge!
    How strong of you to take those breaks and come back afterwards, even if you kept an eating window. Well done!

Yesterday I was really grumpy and angry and nothing felt right. I had my one meal as planned but for the next two hours I also had some chocholate and pistachios, I just didn't want to stop. (I usually finish in under an hour)
    After that I felt a lot better and today I only had two home made hamburgers with vegetables (no bread) and nothing more - I felt totaly satisfied.

What a food/snacks hangover I've had, it took days for the body to recover. A bit scary, how quickly my body has adapted to fasting and how bad I feel when I don't do it. I have only been doing OMAD for a month, but for me it has been like coming home, finally seeing the light, just based on how much better I feel when I stick to it. All the health benefits and weightloss is just a bonus.

Depending on how I feel tomorrow I think I'll skip the meal and do a 36 hour fast, could be a good thing to get back on track. If it feels right then... ;)
  • blambo61
    Options
    Just like you say blambo, we got the tools the day we decide to jump back into it. That is great knowledge!
    How strong of you to take those breaks and come back afterwards, even if you kept an eating window. Well done!

Yesterday I was really grumpy and angry and nothing felt right. I had my one meal as planned but for the next two hours I also had some chocholate and pistachios, I just didn't want to stop. (I usually finish in under an hour)
    After that I felt a lot better and today I only had two home made hamburgers with vegetables (no bread) and nothing more - I felt totaly satisfied.

What a food/snacks hangover I've had, it took days for the body to recover. A bit scary, how quickly my body has adapted to fasting and how bad I feel when I don't do it. I have only been doing OMAD for a month, but for me it has been like coming home, finally seeing the light, just based on how much better I feel when I stick to it. All the health benefits and weightloss is just a bonus.

Depending on how I feel tomorrow I think I'll skip the meal and do a 36 hour fast, could be a good thing to get back on track. If it feels right then... ;)

Just be steady and be careful of being extreme. Sometimes those things can backfire on us. When I started doing OMAD there were a few times that I just started eating and didn't stop and I told myself I must have needed it. I didn't worry about it because it wasn't often and I just got back after it the next day. I wouldn't worry about a big occasional splurge. You might gain 2-3 lbs of food weight but it will be gone after a couple of days of fasting. The body can't store fat that fast in my opinion. That is also why I think it is fine on special occasions like Christmas to just go for it and eat all you want. You will be back to where you were in 2-3 days. Good luck.
  • Anneli_F
    Options
    Thank you!

This is exactly how I felt yesterday, I felt like I needed it - both the chocholate and the nuts for my mood. I think today was so much better just because I ate what I needed.
  • blambo61
    Options
    Thank you!

This is exactly how I felt yesterday, I felt like I needed it - both the chocholate and the nuts for my mood. I think today was so much better just because I ate what I needed.

Just keep pressing on, you will be fine. I've seen a lot of people get really bent when they have a bad day and then they give up and have a lot of bad days. I would never worry about an occasional splurge day. We are in this for the long haul. One day doesn't make us or break us. We just need significantly more good days than bad, not zero bad days. I do remember needing those occasional mental breaks.
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    Thank you!

I felt like I needed more food for the last few days so I ate more today. It happens to us all.
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    Anneli, are you eating enough healthy fats? I find if I go too low in fats I get hunger cravings. Maybe you could play around with macro percentages to see if it helps?
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    Thank you!

The nuts have healthy fats as long as you don't go overboard in the calories. Chocolate does impact mood and ups "feel good" endorphins. I occasionally do grab a handful of nuts or a square of chocolate. I buy the dark chocolate as it has less sugar and doesn't prompt a trigger for more.
  • Anneli_F
    edited January 2017
    Options
    DebSozo wrote: »
    Anneli, are you eating enough healthy fats? I find if I go too low in fats I get hunger cravings. Maybe you could play around with macro percentages to see if it helps?

I normaly eat low carb food with lots of butter, olive- and coconut oil, but during my days off after NYE I didn't and my body really protested against what I put into it. Back to better eating now! :)
    I prefer dark chocholate too!
  • Abm4n
    Abm4n Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Hi Anneli, I enjoyed reading about your experience with OMAD. Love the photos too, especially the Lindt chocolate one.