Anneli's journey

Options

Replies

• Flybeetle
    Flybeetle Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    This is all so inspiring!! Anneli, I love that food plate picture, it looks so good...a reminder to myself to include healthy fats. I will look into the ACV, I've read a few people on here talk about it...
    I admire how you got yourself back on track with a long fast, wow.
    Such good feedback and advice on here from Blambo_61 and Linda about not beating yourself up when you have an off day or your body needs more food, exactly what I needed to hear as well :)
  • SavedByGrace26356
    SavedByGrace26356 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    That plate of food looks sooooo good and healthy!!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    That looks yummy! Salmon is about my favorite food!
  • Abm4n
    Abm4n Posts: 529 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Looks like you are eating really healthy food and being able to fast for 2-3 days is really impressive. I have also got into the habit of using ACV (had to look it up!) - that's apple cider vinegar right? I really like the taste now but only in cooking so far. I find that it really adds something to many of the meaty dishes that I like to eat. I've heard that it helps to lower insulin spikes after eating which also helps to limit fat storage. Tastes great regardless.
  • Anneli_F
    Anneli_F Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I read a study that said apple cider vinegar reduces the raising of insulin levels with 34% when had while eating white bread. Worth trying I think! Best is raw, unfiltered ACV.

It's not hard to fast a couple of days without any hunger or other symptoms, worse for those that have them. It's just a little bit boring ;) But I still had coffee and tea, I cheated a little bit...
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    That plate of food looks sooooo good and healthy!!

I always feel great after consuming baked salmon. Yum.
  • DebSozo
    Options
    Anneli_F wrote: »
    I read a study that said apple cider vinegar reduces the raising of insulin levels with 34% when had while eating white bread. Worth trying I think! Best is raw, unfiltered ACV.

It's not hard to fast a couple of days without any hunger or other symptoms, worse for those that have them. It's just a little bit boring ;) But I still had coffee and tea, I cheated a little bit...

I've never actually made it past 24 hours or so. My body doesn't do well on longer fasts.
  • Abm4n
    Options
    How's it going? Hope you are doing alright.
  • Anneli_F
    Options
    Oh, I'm more than fine, I'm just on vacation on Mallorca with my daughter. :) I'm taking a brake from OMADing this week, we're having both breakfast and dinner.
    Thank you for checking in on me, so nice to be remembered!

p-20170121-175410.jpg?width=250
  • SavedByGrace26356
    SavedByGrace26356 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Have fun!!
  • Anneli_F
    Options
    And I'm back. smile.png Fun to go on a trip, but the best part is coming home again!

Yesterday morning I weighed myself : +2.0 kg. Today I had lost 0.6 kg of that, only 1.4 kg to go before my vacation weight is gone and as that is probably mostly water and food weight it won't take long I hope.
    Yesterday I had two low carb meals, today I'm going back to OMAD'ing. Feels really good right now, but of course I'll have to struggle with cravings again, not looking forward to that...

Now I have a lot of new postings here to read up on! Hi everybody! smile.png

Have fun!!
    Thank you!
  • DebSozo
    Options
    Welcome home!
  • Abm4n
    Options
    Looks like you had a lovely holiday and you will be back to your pre-holiday weight soon. It's so good to have the flexibility and control. I find that I can enjoy OMAD more after a short break.
  • Anneli_F
    Options
    Thanks! :)

Today I only have 0.6 kg to go before "I'm back home".
    Harder than loosing the water weight is getting rid of my cravings and hunger, yesterday started off fine but I cracked in the evening - so very hungry. I haven't been hungry since the beginning of december!

I realized I'm not very good at this on and off splurging, I need to keep on going with OMAD and occational longer fasts for now. I need to reset my brain a bit more before I can have days off.
    Good to know but right now I'm struggling...
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Keep pressing on, it does seem the brain works different after going off for awhile but it gets used to it again soon.
  • DebSozo
    Options
    You will readjust soon.
    :)
  • Anneli_F
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    Keep pressing on, it does seem the brain works different after going off for awhile but it gets used to it again soon.
    DebSozo wrote: »
    You will readjust soon.

Yesterday evening was so much easier and so far today (only 8 am) I feel like I'm back. banana.gif Amazing how the body and the mind works!
  • leveejohn
    leveejohn Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Glad it's working again!
  • DebSozo
    Options
    Anneli_F wrote: »
    blambo61 wrote: »
    DebSozo wrote: »
    You will readjust soon.

Yesterday evening was so much easier and so far today (only 8 am) I feel like I'm back. banana.gif Amazing how the body and the mind works!

It's often best to simply wait it out. My emotions change so sometimes I tell myself, "You won't feel this way forever." Or like Joe teaches, "I can have this, but just not right now", or something along those lines. Lol. It does help to know that you can have it later. By the time later comes I rarely even want whatever I was craving earlier in the day.