Am I the only idiot on the open message boards

Options
2»

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    on the main forum page hover over the gear icon next to the sub forum and select unfollow.

Thank you! I'm sick of seeing those on my home page
    edit: well that didn't work all those ridiculous topics are still on my home page - under Recent Forum Topics :neutral:

If you unfollow them they shouldn't be. I don't see them on my recent discussions.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Oops yes, they still pop up on your home page, but i can more easily ignore them there. I often click on 'recent discussions' here on the forums, and sometimes the first 2 or more pages were filled with chitchat posts and the who do you want to sleep with crap! Now it's as if that section doesn't exist.
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Yeah...when will the CICO framework finally die...seriously.

Well, I mean, it doesn't deserve to die completely. If someone is eating 1000 over their TDEE every day, they're going to gain weight, regardless of the type of diet or their individual physiology.

• neohdiver
    neohdiver Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I've complained about the recent forum topics (if you have a forum ignored, it should not be showing up in recent forum topics). I sent a screen capture with it - and they zapped two of the most offensiv ediscussions as inappropriate for the forum . . . but they didn't act on applying a filter to the recent forum topics to exclude any forum you've hidden.

It is odd that they recognize a lot of what goes on there isn't appropriate for the forum, but allow it to continue - aside from isolated complaints about a specific thread.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    The only time the mods step into the chitchat section is when a post/thread gets a few reports. Other than that, it's a free for all!
  • neohdiver
    neohdiver Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    The only time the mods step into the chitchat section is when a post/thread gets a few reports. Other than that, it's a free for all!

All the more reason it should be kept off of the scroll of recent activity that is on the front page of the site for those of us who choose to hide it. I wasn't complaining about the chit-chat section per se, just asking that my choice not to have to look at that garbage when I use this site be honored - by keeping it out of the scroll that confronts me every time I sign in. It was pure accident that there were two particularly explicitly sexual threads out of the 5 visible in the scroll and (if I recall correctly) 4 of the 5 were from that section.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    neohdiver wrote: »

All the more reason it should be kept off of the scroll of recent activity that is on the front page of the site for those of us who choose to hide it. I wasn't complaining about the chit-chat section per se, just asking that my choice not to have to look at that garbage when I use this site be honored - by keeping it out of the scroll that confronts me every time I sign in. It was pure accident that there were two particularly explicitly sexual threads out of the 5 visible in the scroll and (if I recall correctly) 4 of the 5 were from that section.

I completely agree.

One of the first questions i asked the higher ups when i was a mod here was "Are you going to make me go in the chitchat section?" lol