Kristen's journey (secret despair 30)

Ok, I think im beginning to learn and get the hang of how things work here, and I hope im doing it right, instead of making different posts for all of my concerns regarding weight loss, im making this my thread to post about my progress. Anyway, I think I may actually succeed for once. Ive managed to lose more than 20 lbs overall so far. I have a long way to go though. Ive updated my profile, as ive been neglecting to do. I dont however log any calorie intake or burn because ive found it hinders my progress. I know it may take some time, but I just really want to be thin and beautiful on the outside as well as in! my chronic pains are much less frequent now so im grateful for that, but I am still such a cow! I kept in control over xmas, in which my one meal only consisted of a small grilled salmon fillet, 1 jumbo shrimp, a few bites of rice and small cup of green beans, and unsweetened tea to drink! I have upped my exercise routine and my omad consists of smaller portions, so hopefully I will see even more results next time I step on the scale. I try not to do more than 1 weigh-in per week, which helps. My next weigh-in is thursday, so ill update you guys then (if anyone is interested in supporting me thru this. So far nobody has offered to add me here and I feel all alone in this.
«134

Replies

  • crunchy_bob
    crunchy_bob Posts: 17 Member
    New here and not sure how to add anyone or what it does really but gratz on the progress! I think there's more people that read than post so you may be helping someone and not even know it :)
  • Anneli_F
    Anneli_F Posts: 76 Member
    20 lbs, that's a lot, you've done great! (And so much better than me during christmas ;) )
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    20-lbs is real good! Your not alone. Keep posting and you will get replies! I think most have been real busy over the Holidays. I look forward to hearing more! One problem also is that the only way I saw this was a new thread was that the font was bolded so it isn't easy to tell someone started a new thread. Now that I've replied to this, I will get notices each time someone replies so it is easy to respond after that.
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Congrats! You're doing well!
    You seem like a really, really nice person... :)
  • OMADhungerispower
    OMADhungerispower Posts: 20 Member
    !!! Hello! We're behind you kristen and you're never alone! x Keep us updated ok
  • kabrigail
    kabrigail Posts: 149 Member
    Hi there! 20 pounds is amazing and I can totally relate to how you feel. I felt the same way when I first started and I still have a lot to lose. Starts a little at a time and before you know it you've lost 20, then 15 more, like me and then hopefully we'll have lost all the weight we desire to lose. I know what you mean about all the aches and pains. Mine have gotten a lot better. I still have some, but the more I lose the better it gets. We can do this!!!
  • SavedByGrace26356
    SavedByGrace26356 Posts: 544 Member
    edited December 2016
    Ok, I think im beginning to learn and get the hang of how things work here, and I hope im doing it right, instead of making different posts for all of my concerns regarding weight loss, im making this my thread to post about my progress. Anyway, I think I may actually succeed for once. Ive managed to lose more than 20 lbs overall so far. I have a long way to go though. Ive updated my profile, as ive been neglecting to do. I dont however log any calorie intake or burn because ive found it hinders my progress. I know it may take some time, but I just really want to be thin and beautiful on the outside as well as in! my chronic pains are much less frequent now so im grateful for that, but I am still such a cow! I kept in control over xmas, in which my one meal only consisted of a small grilled salmon fillet, 1 jumbo shrimp, a few bites of rice and small cup of green beans, and unsweetened tea to drink! I have upped my exercise routine and my omad consists of smaller portions, so hopefully I will see even more results next time I step on the scale. I try not to do more than 1 weigh-in per week, which helps. My next weigh-in is thursday, so ill update you guys then (if anyone is interested in supporting me thru this. So far nobody has offered to add me here and I feel all alone in this.

    That is how you do it. Every time you post on your own thread it moves to the top and becomes bold so everyone knows you posted and we can read your post and follow your journey. You keep it all in one place. Then you go to other OMAD's threads and comment on their posts. Easy peasy!!

    20 pounds is a great loss!! Awesome progress!!

    Some tips:

    Don't look at how far you have to go. Just focus on today. Tomorrow will come in time and you will be where you should be.

    You can eat what you want for dinner as long as it's no more than dinner plate size and you can have a calorie drink if you choose to.

    Drink lots of water, tea, and coffee during day...I always drink decaf.

    Do not exercise unless it's a leisurely walk until you're close to your goal weight. It puts too much stress on the body and will keep you from losing.

    Watch Joe's you tube videos and follow his guidelines and you will do great.

    Finally, talk to yourself with love as if you were your best friend or your daughter. Love yourself where you are and take care of you. You are a special person and deserve to only have the best thoughts about yourself.

    We are here for you. All the best to you.

    Blessings, Linda (SavedByGrace) ♥
  • sun_cat
    sun_cat Posts: 114 Member
    Hi and welcome!
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,705 Member
    A like your realism. You are just nursing yourself along. No big expectations. That's the way to go for you. Nothing wrong with that.
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    How have you been doing? Happy New Year!
  • secret_despair30
    secret_despair30 Posts: 57 Member
    DebSozo wrote: »
    How have you been doing? Happy New Year!

    been feeling horrible actually thats why I haven't bothered to update much. I only weigh in once a week because im terrified of the fluctuations and if I were to see the numbers go up I dont think I could handle it and then get discouraged. Thats actually the reason I quit several times before because the added stress of "temporary" weight gain was just too much for me to bear mentally!
    Ive been upping my exercise and decreasing my calorie intake more so maybe I could try to lose more than 2lb a week. Its just not cutting it for me anymore. :'(
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    What is not cutting it anymore?
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    edited January 2017
    DebSozo wrote: »
    How have you been doing? Happy New Year!

    been feeling horrible actually thats why I haven't bothered to update much. I only weigh in once a week because im terrified of the fluctuations and if I were to see the numbers go up I dont think I could handle it and then get discouraged. Thats actually the reason I quit several times before because the added stress of "temporary" weight gain was just too much for me to bear mentally!
    Ive been upping my exercise and decreasing my calorie intake more so maybe I could try to lose more than 2lb a week. Its just not cutting it for me anymore. :'(

    I hope you feel better soon! I felt lousy after the holidays also. Don't give up and start right back up.
  • secret_despair30
    secret_despair30 Posts: 57 Member
    DebSozo wrote: »

    I hope you feel better soon! I felt lousy after the holidays also. Don't give up and start right back up.

    Its not just the holidays though as I only splurged on new years eve, Its the fact that this whole process is going really slow. I know logically that thats how its supposed to be, but I would think after 4 months of OMAD I would've lost more than 30lbs. I still have alot to lose (was 147 last I checked) so im a cow! Ive just now set a couple goals for myself and see if that helps motivate me, but I doubt it. Right now ive been reveling in the fact that most people who made weight loss resolutions will probably not follow through, and im also using that as motivation, as well as looking at pictures of thinspo and reverse thinspo
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    DebSozo wrote: »

    I hope you feel better soon! I felt lousy after the holidays also. Don't give up and start right back up.

    Its not just the holidays though as I only splurged on new years eve, Its the fact that this whole process is going really slow. I know logically that thats how its supposed to be, but I would think after 4 months of OMAD I would've lost more than 30lbs. I still have alot to lose (was 147 last I checked) so im a cow! Ive just now set a couple goals for myself and see if that helps motivate me, but I doubt it. Right now ive been reveling in the fact that most people who made weight loss resolutions will probably not follow through, and im also using that as motivation, as well as looking at pictures of thinspo and reverse thinspo

    How much have you lost in the 4-months? Dec 27th you posted that you were down 20-lbs so in 3-months 3-weeks you lost 20-lbs looks like. That is 20-lbs in 16 weeks. That is more than a lb/week which isn't bad. If you want to amp it up some, you might give up refined sugar or count your cals in the evening and go for a smaller amount or eat in a smaller time-window. I think exercise helps and if you have just started that, you may still me gaining a little bit of muscle and so you don't see the weight coming off when you still might be losing fat. How are measurements doing or how are clothes fitting? It would be good to see a log of your weight and exercise to see what effects might be happening there.

    Be patient, better to win the race slowly than not win it! At your rate of lose, if you keep that up, you will lose about 65-lbs in a year. You may start losing faster too as you get used to the exercise. Are you taking ACV?
  • secret_despair30
    secret_despair30 Posts: 57 Member
    blambo61 wrote: »
    [q

    How much have you lost in the 4-months? Dec 27th you posted that you were down 20-lbs so in 3-months 3-weeks you lost 20-lbs looks like. That is 20-lbs in 16 weeks. That is more than a lb/week which isn't bad. If you want to amp it up some, you might give up refined sugar or count your cals in the evening and go for a smaller amount or eat in a smaller time-window. I think exercise helps and if you have just started that, you may still me gaining a little bit of muscle and so you don't see the weight coming off when you still might be losing fat. How are measurements doing or how are clothes fitting? It would be good to see a log of your weight and exercise to see what effects might be happening there.

    Be patient, better to win the race slowly than not win it! At your rate of lose, if you keep that up, you will lose about 65-lbs in a year. You may start losing faster too as you get used to the exercise. Are you taking ACV?

    I cant remember my exact weight when I started, I just know it was somewhere in the 180s. I didn't actually start here on MFP until a month later so my stats wont be spot on and I dont follow everything to the letter. Ive already begun upping my walking regimen (i walk 7 days a week and the time and distances greatly vary), and trying to cut out sweets and lowering my calorie intake. I try on clothes every few days. Just today I was shocked to see that a really cute top ive been trying to fit into for about a year now fits perfectly, and older things hang down on me, but im still not satisfied because I still cant fit into other things that I bought (most thrift stores in my area dont have fitting rooms or a return policy, so its a guessing game).

    Heres just a few other bits of info on what it is I do and how I feel:
    I eat slowly, so my window is an hour to hour and a half.
    I don't always eat at the same time every day because I dont have a set schedule and I eat within a couple hours upon waking up as I hate feeling full, especially when its my bedtime. I am in love with the "hunger high"!
    I feel extremely disgusting right after I eat, especially carb rich foods, so I become really depressed and hopeless.

    I hope this answered some of the questions, and I hope that this will all be worth the intense agony in the end. I think in one of joes videos, he said that anyone with mental health issues should be cautious about doing intermittent fasting, but it has been the only thing that seems to work for me, so im just wondering if im even having the right attitude towards it qt all.


  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    blambo61 wrote: »
    [q

    How much have you lost in the 4-months? Dec 27th you posted that you were down 20-lbs so in 3-months 3-weeks you lost 20-lbs looks like. That is 20-lbs in 16 weeks. That is more than a lb/week which isn't bad. If you want to amp it up some, you might give up refined sugar or count your cals in the evening and go for a smaller amount or eat in a smaller time-window. I think exercise helps and if you have just started that, you may still me gaining a little bit of muscle and so you don't see the weight coming off when you still might be losing fat. How are measurements doing or how are clothes fitting? It would be good to see a log of your weight and exercise to see what effects might be happening there.

    Be patient, better to win the race slowly than not win it! At your rate of lose, if you keep that up, you will lose about 65-lbs in a year. You may start losing faster too as you get used to the exercise. Are you taking ACV?

    I cant remember my exact weight when I started, I just know it was somewhere in the 180s. I didn't actually start here on MFP until a month later so my stats wont be spot on and I dont follow everything to the letter. Ive already begun upping my walking regimen (i walk 7 days a week and the time and distances greatly vary), and trying to cut out sweets and lowering my calorie intake. I try on clothes every few days. Just today I was shocked to see that a really cute top ive been trying to fit into for about a year now fits perfectly, and older things hang down on me, but im still not satisfied because I still cant fit into other things that I bought (most thrift stores in my area dont have fitting rooms or a return policy, so its a guessing game).

    Heres just a few other bits of info on what it is I do and how I feel:
    I eat slowly, so my window is an hour to hour and a half.
    I don't always eat at the same time every day because I dont have a set schedule and I eat within a couple hours upon waking up as I hate feeling full, especially when its my bedtime. I am in love with the "hunger high"!
    I feel extremely disgusting right after I eat, especially carb rich foods, so I become really depressed and hopeless.

    I hope this answered some of the questions, and I hope that this will all be worth the intense agony in the end. I think in one of joes videos, he said that anyone with mental health issues should be cautious about doing intermittent fasting, but it has been the only thing that seems to work for me, so im just wondering if im even having the right attitude towards it qt all.

    blambo61 wrote: »
    [q

    How much have you lost in the 4-months? Dec 27th you posted that you were down 20-lbs so in 3-months 3-weeks you lost 20-lbs looks like. That is 20-lbs in 16 weeks. That is more than a lb/week which isn't bad. If you want to amp it up some, you might give up refined sugar or count your cals in the evening and go for a smaller amount or eat in a smaller time-window. I think exercise helps and if you have just started that, you may still me gaining a little bit of muscle and so you don't see the weight coming off when you still might be losing fat. How are measurements doing or how are clothes fitting? It would be good to see a log of your weight and exercise to see what effects might be happening there.

    Be patient, better to win the race slowly than not win it! At your rate of lose, if you keep that up, you will lose about 65-lbs in a year. You may start losing faster too as you get used to the exercise. Are you taking ACV?

    I cant remember my exact weight when I started, I just know it was somewhere in the 180s. I didn't actually start here on MFP until a month later so my stats wont be spot on and I dont follow everything to the letter. Ive already begun upping my walking regimen (i walk 7 days a week and the time and distances greatly vary), and trying to cut out sweets and lowering my calorie intake. I try on clothes every few days. Just today I was shocked to see that a really cute top ive been trying to fit into for about a year now fits perfectly, and older things hang down on me, but im still not satisfied because I still cant fit into other things that I bought (most thrift stores in my area dont have fitting rooms or a return policy, so its a guessing game).

    Heres just a few other bits of info on what it is I do and how I feel:
    I eat slowly, so my window is an hour to hour and a half.
    I don't always eat at the same time every day because I dont have a set schedule and I eat within a couple hours upon waking up as I hate feeling full, especially when its my bedtime. I am in love with the "hunger high"!
    I feel extremely disgusting right after I eat, especially carb rich foods, so I become really depressed and hopeless.

    I hope this answered some of the questions, and I hope that this will all be worth the intense agony in the end. I think in one of joes videos, he said that anyone with mental health issues should be cautious about doing intermittent fasting, but it has been the only thing that seems to work for me, so im just wondering if im even having the right attitude towards it qt all.


    You have made progress since you can fit in some stuff you couldn't before. You don't have to be satisfied where you are (I'm not with where I'm at) but you should be grateful for what you have accomplished already.

    How much do you eat in your eating window? I think that you should not feel disgusted after eating carb rich foods unless you are just eating a bunch of junk and then I could see you not being pleased with that. Why would you feel depressed and hopeless? Are you having a hard time not eating junk or something like that and afraid you can't quit that? What intense agony are you in? Is the diet causing you intense agony? How? If I do eat a lot of sugary foods, I will not feel good myself. Is this part of the problem or is it something else?

    As far as the diet goes. Fill up on the good stuff first and then go ahead and have some of the sugary splurge stuff last and try not to feel guilty about it. You can eventually give that up if you would like later. Baby steps is what you need I think. I have eaten sugary deserts almost every night for the last year at the end of my eating window and enjoyed it because I was still losing some weight. You probably won't be able to eat much of it anyways if you eat the good stuff first. I'm not sure what a hunger high is. I like to go to bed full or at least not hungry. You may try to eat later in the day and put it off longer. It would be very hard for me to eat early and then have to be awake and not eat the rest of the day and then go to bed hungry all the time. You say you are in love with the "hunger high" but is it causing agony not being able to eat all day and going to bed hungry? I would be in agony myself if I tried to do that. Eating at the end of the day is like a reward for me for fasting and feels good. Is your agony something else?

    As far as mental health issues go, if you feel you are having issues, you should seek professional help. Don't try to go it alone! Will say a prayer for you!
  • SavedByGrace26356
    SavedByGrace26356 Posts: 544 Member
    edited January 2017
    DebSozo wrote: »

    I hope you feel better soon! I felt lousy after the holidays also. Don't give up and start right back up.

    Its not just the holidays though as I only splurged on new years eve, Its the fact that this whole process is going really slow. I know logically that thats how its supposed to be, but I would think after 4 months of OMAD I would've lost more than 30lbs. I still have alot to lose (was 147 last I checked) so im a cow! Ive just now set a couple goals for myself and see if that helps motivate me, but I doubt it. Right now ive been reveling in the fact that most people who made weight loss resolutions will probably not follow through, and im also using that as motivation, as well as looking at pictures of thinspo and reverse thinspo

    After 6 months of OMAD I've lost 36 pounds and have pretty much been staying the same weight over the past few weeks. That is the way it goes. Don't get discouraged. Your body works out the program. Sometimes you lose, sometimes you stay the same, and sometimes you gain. I usually lose at the beginning of a program and then slow down and stop but if you stick with it you will begin losing again. I have a terrible thyroid problem and take a high dosage of medication so I know what it is to gain weight or stay exactly the same. This time I'm giving myself the peace of accepting that whatever happens will happen and so far I'm not disappointed.

    Please don't be discouraged and be patient with yourself.

    Some tips:

    You may want to consider changing your feeding window. Try a different time for a few days and see how you feel. Keep trying until you find the perfect time to eat for you.

    I don't know what a 'hunger high' is. I get hungry a couple of hours before I eat. My feeding window is 4 to 6 pm. A few times because of a special occasion I've changed that time for that day only. It's important to stay on a feeding schedule.

    Make sure you only eat one full plate of food and maybe a small dessert and not eat over your calorie limit. Try to get as many good vitamins on your plate as possible so your meal will tide you over to your next meal.

    Drink a lot of water, tea, or non calorie beverage throughout the day to keep yourself satisfied.

    Treat yourself as your best friend. Your body is changing and that takes time for it to get accustomed to the way you feed it.

    Best of luck!
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    edited January 2017
    You lost almost two pounds a week for 4 months on average. The weight loss slows down as you lose weight. It is likely to slow to 1 pound a week for a time and then down to 0.5 pound a week or less for the last few pounds.

    What is your TDEE? What is your deficit? Every 10 pounds lost you have to recalculate TDEE and adjust down as it takes more calories to sustain a heavier person.

    Have you recalculated and adjusted daily calories lately? 30 pounds lost is an appreciable and significant loss! You will have to tighten up your weight loss program and get more exacting with weighing and measuring, unfortunately at this point.

    If you want to lose 1 pound a week, for instance, then cut 500 calories off of your current TDEE. Try not to push your body too hard and slowly lose the rest. You are doing great!