Linda (SavedByGrace) OMAD Phase 2 ~ 2017

Replies

• SavedByGrace26356
    SavedByGrace26356 Posts: 544 Member
    edited January 2017
    Out of town...back yesterday. I forgot to post on Saturday.

1/21/17 - Loss 4 pounds - Total loss 40

• Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    Well done, Linda!
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Thanks
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Congrats! Nice loss
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    4lbs for the week?
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Hey Bob

I gained 3 pounds from my splurge day so I lost the 3 plus 1 more. :smiley:
  • SavedByGrace26356
    I purchased organic fruits and vegetables yesterday and spent a couple hours this morning cleaning vegetables and cutting up fruit for the next few dinners. I began eating whole food plant based now and like to have everything cut up and ready to go at dinnertime.

It's in the 70's here in Southern California today so I've got the windows and doors opened, listening to music, and I put organic honeysuckle essential oil in the diffuser. My house smells heavenly....now for a glass of iced tea and a magazine and back outside to enjoy the sunshine.

Have a great day everyone!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    70s :) 30s here :/
  • blambo61
    Hey Bob

I gained 3 pounds from my splurge day so I lost the 3 plus 1 more. :smiley:

That is my usual experience with a splurge day, gain 3, then lose 4 for the rest of the week for a -1lb delta for the week.
  • blambo61
    high of 32 today witih low of 20 and bad air due to inversion. I hate these inversions! Have 12-18 inches of snow on the ground right now.
  • DebSozo
    edited January 2017
    I purchased organic fruits and vegetables yesterday and spent a couple hours this morning cleaning vegetables and cutting up fruit for the next few dinners. I began eating whole food plant based now and like to have everything cut up and ready to go at dinnertime.

It's in the 70's here in Southern California today so I've got the windows and doors opened, listening to music, and I put organic honeysuckle essential oil in the diffuser. My house smells heavenly....now for a glass of iced tea and a magazine and back outside to enjoy the sunshine.

Lovely. It is about 40 degrees F here. We have the wood stove going as the temperature drops later in the evening.

I have a book called A Pound of Cure. The doctor says we should eat at least a pound of vegetables a day. He claims that veggies change the set point so that we can lose weight. I do believe in setpoints, however I do get rigorously challenged on the general MFP boards for believing this. I personally work with my body's set point when I'm on maintenance.
  • DebSozo
    I love smelling honeysuckle and drinking iced tea, Linda. It reminds me of when I grew up in Virginia. We had honeysuckle vines on our back fence that smelled nice. My mom would bring in a bouquet indoors sometimes. We had a gardenia bush in the front yard that had a wonderful aroma also.
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    DebSozo wrote: »

Lovely. It is about 40 degrees F here. We have the wood stove going as the temperature drops later in the evening.

I have a book called A Pound of Cure. The doctor says we should eat at least a pound of vegetables a day. He claims that veggies change the set point so that we can lose weight. I do believe in setpoints, however I do get rigorously challenged on the general MFP boards for believing this. I personally work with my body's set point when I'm on maintenance.

What are setpoints please?
  • SavedByGrace26356
    I love smelling honeysuckle and drinking iced tea, Linda. It reminds me of when I grew up in Virginia. We had honeysuckle vines on our back fence that smelled nice. My mom would bring in a bouquet indoors sometimes. We had a gardenia bush in the front yard that had a wonderful aroma also.

Hi Deb: Sounds lovely. I grew up in West Virginia so we were neighbors. Where are you now? Love the smell of gardenia, honeysuckle, and fresia. Spring is around the corner.
    Have a great day!
  • SavedByGrace26356
    70s :) 30s here :/

Not too long until spring...hang in there ♥
  • blambo61

I just about finished a thread in the main board where we talked about a lot of stuff. Seemed like me (and a couple of supporters) against the world. I think I held my own though.
  • blambo61
    1MADGIRL wrote: »

A weight or body fat level that your body steers you to.
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    blambo61 wrote: »

Ah! I believe in these!
    What a pain! I might check out that book!
  • blambo61

Ah! I believe in these!

The set point could be good or bad depending on what it is!
  • DebSozo
    edited February 2017

Ah! I believe in these!

The set point could be good or bad depending on what it is!

True! I loved my set point when I was trim. Now it works against me. :#