Linda (SavedByGrace) OMAD Phase 2 ~ 2017

124»

Replies

• sun_cat
    sun_cat Posts: 114 Member
    I, too, believe in the theory of a setpoint. It makes perfect sense to me, especially given what I've experienced over my life.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    sun_cat wrote: »
    I, too, believe in the theory of a setpoint. It makes perfect sense to me, especially given what I've experienced over my life.

When I was young, I would eat tons and my weight didn't vary no matter how much or little exercise I did. I'm sure my appetite varied to compensate for any extra exercise I did but it sure did seem like a set point was there.
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    I'm going to try the whole half a pound of veggies a day next week :)
  • SavedByGrace26356
    SavedByGrace26356 Posts: 544 Member
    Hello Friends:

My sister's cancer returned and I'm going to be helping her as much as possible through this difficult time. She is my first priority right now. I don't have a laptop or cell phone so until we talk again I wish each one of you health, happiness, and continued success. I will pop in every once in while to keep up. I'm not leaving our group....just out of touch for the time being.

Blessings,
    Linda (SavedByGrace) ♥
  • SavedByGrace26356
    PS: If any of you believe in the power of prayer I ask that you remember her. Thank you.
  • leveejohn
    leveejohn Posts: 346 Member
    edited February 2017
    We will certainly remember her in our prayers, and you as well. Take care.
  • 1MADGIRL
    PS: If any of you believe in the power of prayer I ask that you remember her. Thank you.

You're in our prayers. Stay strong x we're here even if you just need to talk
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    I will be praying, so sorry :(
  • Mom2annie
    Mom2annie Posts: 177 Member
    I'll pray as well.
  • blambo61
    Low carb is supposed to help in fighting cancer. Might be an option for her.
  • Abm4n
    Abm4n Posts: 529 Member
    I always thought that I had a built in set point. Body loves stability above all else so it's just as hard to gain weight as it is to lose weight.
  • blambo61
    Abm4n wrote: »
    I always thought that I had a built in set point. Body loves stability above all else so it's just as hard to gain weight as it is to lose weight.

I think my set point is infinity! It is still very easy for me to gain weight.
  • SavedByGrace26356
    blambo61 wrote: »
    Low carb is supposed to help in fighting cancer. Might be an option for her.

Hi Bob/Friends:

I'm back home for a week and wanted to check in. My sister is vegetarian and eats only whole foods. She eats very few carbs and weighs about 110 pounds. My oldest sister died from breast cancer when she was in her 30's as well as my grandmother at an early age. This is the second time she has had breast cancer. She is getting ready for reconstructive surgery and then will begin intensive chemo/radiation treatments.

I've maintained my weight. I hope everyone is doing well.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Prayers for your Sister!!!
  • blambo61
    Sorry about your sister, hope all is well!
  • 1MADGIRL
    Sorry you're going through this xx
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Abm4n wrote: »

I had a built in decent set point at one time. I want to get it back!
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    That must be difficult for your sis to eat low carb while being a vegetarian?

Congratulations keeping weight off!
  • SavedByGrace26356
    DebSozo wrote: »
    That must be difficult for your sis to eat low carb while being a vegetarian?

Congratulations keeping weight off!

Hi Deb...I remember her losing a little weight when she graduated college and since that time she has eaten very healthy. Whole foods only, no processed foods, and mostly low carb except for holidays.
  • 1MADGIRL
    How are you Linda? You haven't been here lately. You're in our thoughts through this difficult period x