Rock Your Resolution: January 2017 Challenge, Week 1 (1/1-1/7)

Options
123457»

Replies

• asgentr
    asgentr Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I'm basically maintaining. I need to exercise more and incorporate more fasting. I see my Dr. tomorrow and some of my monthly bloat is still lingering as of this morning. I really wanted to be closer to a healthy BMI (159), but I'm now 4 pounds away. I hope that by tomorrow that will be 3. I opted against the Instant Pot because I don't want another expensive appliance on my countertop. I made fat bombs with chocolate molds yesterday. My daughter still gets way too much sugar, but we are working on that.
  • solska
    solska Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Slept only four hours (acc to Fitbit) but feeling a bit better. A bit more bloat gone. 2.6 p left to pre Christmas weight. Can't wait to get down to 180s... that will be motivating. Then 170s.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    solska wrote: »
    Slept only four hours (acc to Fitbit) but feeling a bit better. A bit more bloat gone. 2.6 p left to pre Christmas weight. Can't wait to get down to 180s... that will be motivating. Then 170s.

LOL. I'd take that fit bit off! Too much thought about how much or how well I might or might not be sleeping would keep me awake.
  • AggieHighland
    AggieHighland Posts: 7 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I've been lchf since Jan. 1. I have been researching this eating philosophy since October, and this is my first time trying it.

Starting Weight= 278.6
    Current Weight = 277.2
    First goal: 250

I was weighing every day last week - and at one point was 274.2, but the "official" weigh happens Sunday mornings.

I was disappointed yesterday morning, especially after hearing so many speak of substantive weight loss (even if it's just water weight) in the first week.

I am testing ketones every day (since Tuesday):

Here is my week at a glance:

Tuesday am - trace ketones.
    Tuesday food: Carb intake 29g total cal 1320

Wednesday - trace ketones
    Wednesday food: Carb intake 30g total cal 1416

Thursday - trace ketones
    Thursday food: Carb intake 16g total cal 2417

Friday - moderate ketones
    Friday food: total carbs 22g total cal 1750

Saturday - moderate ketones
    Saturday food: total carbs 16g total cal 1552

S30 unday - moderate ketones
    Sunday food: total carbs 16g total cal 1552

The negligible weight loss might be attributed to my period starting today... but I have a few questions:

My food diary indicates I should be eating 1730 cal/day. I am averaging 1646 over the course of the week. I have a hard time forcing myself to eat if I'm satisfied. Should I be?

Any suggestions from those who may have been doing this for awhile? ... I also posted this in the "Getting back on the Keto bandwagon" ... sorry to those who read both!
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options

The negligible weight loss might be attributed to my period starting today.

Absolutely! During my period I can go up 2-5 pounds. My rule of thumb during that week:

Up 2 pounds - ok
    maintain - happy
    ANY loss - THRILLED

• Cadori
    Options
    My food diary indicates I should be eating 1730 cal/day. I am averaging 1646 over the course of the week. I have a hard time forcing myself to eat if I'm satisfied. Should I be?

Don't force yourself to eat. Part of the beauty of keto is switching into a fat burning mode as your energy source. As a result, if your calories are low, your body will pull from available fat stores. Low hunger is a hallmark of fat adaption...listen to it! You will have hungry days again...promise :) This is why many of us naturally switch over to intermittent fasting.
  • AggieHighland
    AggieHighland Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Cadori wrote: »

Don't force yourself to eat. Part of the beauty of keto is switching into a fat burning mode as your energy source. As a result, if your calories are low, your body will pull from available fat stores. Low hunger is a hallmark of fat adaption...listen to it! You will have hungry days again...promise :) This is why many of us naturally switch over to intermittent fasting.

Thank you!
  • RubySugar6336
    RubySugar6336 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Checkin' in! I have had a great water whoosh and dropped 6 lbs this week. I have been making old LC recipes that are keto friendly and am making some fat bombs today to help combat hormonal evening chocolate cravings. Keeping my macros at F75/P20/C5 if at all possible. That seems to be my magic combination from looking back at my dieting historical data.

SW: 213
    Current 206.5

When I hit 199 I am trying on that coat again. I bought this fantastic asymmetrical pea coat for myself before Christmas. It is too small in the upper arms and around the middle. I love it so much I couldn't bring myself to return it and have made it my first NSV goal for this year. Granted, it will be out of season when I can get in it but will be soooo sweet next winter. It's all steampunk-esque and loverly and I will be lookin' fab in it.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Baconlover- I feel ya! I get crazy huge for several days when TOM is imminent. I easily retain a half gallon of water that week.
  • Cadori
    Options
    Checkin' in! I have had a great water whoosh and dropped 6 lbs this week. I have been making old LC recipes that are keto friendly and am making some fat bombs today to help combat hormonal evening chocolate cravings. Keeping my macros at F75/P20/C5 if at all possible. That seems to be my magic combination from looking back at my dieting historical data.

Current 206.5

When I hit 199 I am trying on that coat again. I bought this fantastic asymmetrical pea coat for myself before Christmas. It is too small in the upper arms and around the middle. I love it so much I couldn't bring myself to return it and have made it my first NSV goal for this year. Granted, it will be out of season when I can get in it but will be soooo sweet next winter. It's all steampunk-esque and loverly and I will be lookin' fab in it.

Baconlover- I feel ya! I get crazy huge for several days when TOM is imminent. I easily retain a half gallon of water that week.

Awesome whoosh!!
  • solska
    solska Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    21 days of January left and I want to go down about 15 pounds -- including what I figured should be around 6 pounds of water weight --during that time. I don't know if this will be possible, but I'll try. All I've done since Dec 23rd is gain a lot back and still trying to get rid of it. Hope tomorrow will be when I see less than Dec. 23rd.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options

Current 206.5

I have had a busy couple days so I missed this.

That coat sounds amazing. Onderland is looking pretty close, isn't it?

What makes TOM worse is that I have to take a supplement now that causes me to retain water anyway, and period weight just adds insult to injury. :rage:

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    Here's the link to Week 2. It just keeps getting buried in all the busy in the group.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10498710/rock-your-resolution-january-2017-challenge-week-2-1-8-1-14#latest