January 2017 Move Your @ss Challenge

Options

Replies

• k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Jan: 100 miles running or walking.

exercise.png

1st: 6.88 miles 3.88 miles running (Park Run), 3 m purposeful walking- MTD 6.88
    2nd: 7.5 miles, 5 m running and 2.5 m purposeful walking - MTD 14.38

• wanderan
    wanderan Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 125 miles

starting 2017 with 4 miles

exercise.png
  • rockann16
    rockann16 Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Adding 2 miles for today.

exercise.png

• taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year EVERYONE!!!! 2016 brought a lot of professional surprises, stresses and unexpected successes my way. I am grateful for those, but......my eating habits and exercise habits took a major step backwards in the process. :s Now it's time for me to get those under control again. I'm starting out with a 50 mile goal for January, don't want to aim too high and get frustrated so soon.

exercise.png
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    @clepant Thank you for the jar idea. When things get crazy sometimes it's hard to remember the good things that happen. I may adjust it to Kar's idea of daily though, a few minutes remembering a tough day was not a complete disaster might do me some good.

I hope you and sussexbythesea and others that are having some challenges do find some peace this year. Let us all do our best, remembering to be kind to ourselves when the inevitable illnesses and injuries get in our way, even when those illnesses and injuries are to a loved one. Even in those unexpected tough times, there is something good, the hard part is seeing and appreciating those moments. I will focus on seeing those moments myself, I hope you can too.
  • KariD1114
    KariD1114 Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year everyone & many thanks & appreciation to Janet, Dave & the rest who keep track of all the @SS movers!

Please put me down for 80 for January.
  • azsundancer
    azsundancer Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Dec 1 5.54

exercise.png
  • sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Congratulations JTH on all your successes and thanks for being here wuth the other mods!
  • belle_74
    belle_74 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    .. after a disappointing finish to December (where I was side-lined for almost 2 weeks thanks to a flu) back in again for January, where I am hoping to hit my target for a change
  • Hungry_Annie
    Hungry_Annie Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    0.96 mile stroll on the treadmill

exercise.png

• kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,148 Member
    Options
    Adding 1 mile of Boot Camp laps.

exercise.png
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,797 Member
    Options
    JTH.... Congrats on everything and remember the best is yet to come.... Thanks right back at you.. :)
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,797 Member
    Options
    01/02
    20.37 miles
    42.26 miles MTD
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    @JTH11706 Congrats on your milestones and accomplishments!
  • rockann16
    rockann16 Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    @JTH111706 - I loved reading your post! I have been around for a while, have missed many monthly goals but hit a few. The last 6 months have been tough with a big software conversion at work. I let all the OT derail me and (if I'm honest) used it as an excuse to not get my miles in. Reading you post was so motivational and I appreciate all the work you and the other moderators put into keeping this going. Thanks so much! :)
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    @Janet: Your post brought back MANY reminders of my struggles & how this group & the need to move to save my sanity pulled me through. You have done awesome & I thank you for what all you do here. May 2017 NOT be a stress filled one & our energy levels stay high.

Today was 8 miles (4 from treadmill & 4 from ex bike). I will ride ex bike @ 4 am before work & then plan on going to tabata class tomorrow night( that is "IF" my cold/sinus crud is better).

exercise.png
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,345 Member
    Options
    Dec. 2: While being the only school district in the country to be open on what is considered a holiday, all of the day area in the area were closed and parents showed up to find they had no one to watch their kids this morning. The good news: No traffic delays because there was none.
    Adding 10 miles of walking and cycling.
    TTD: 22 miles

exercise.png

@vhuber: congrats on your continued weight loss. Definitely need a new profile. (Side note: As I typed your name in, my iPad kept changing it to @chubbier. Yikes!)
    @Janet: Love what you wrote and second it.

Glad so many like the jar idea. Have to share. Talked with all my PE classes today about doing something amazing this year. I told them how much I saved by paying myself for my running miles and also shared my jar idea and encouraged them to join in. While explaining to my first grade class, a student asked me what kind of things would I write about. I told them about a second grade student who gives me a hug every day whenever she sees me. She always makes me feel good. Suddenly, one, than two, three, and eventually the entire class runs up and hugs me. The entire class is doing one big group hug. Moments like this always reminds me that while teaching has its struggles, these simple acts makes it all worthwhile.
  • future_rockstar
    future_rockstar Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Going to aim for 60 miles to start. Hopefully this month will be better than December. Thanks to everyone who volunteers their time to keep us all on track.
This discussion has been closed.