Options
    1/05
    38.64 miles
    136.27 miles MTD
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    @vhuber - I also hope the news is good on Friday. I also hope that @ Dean has reassured you a little.
    @queenegreene - here's hoping the mojo is back. Don't you just love watching daft TV whilst on the exercise bike.
    @taxmom9093 - the chaos will pass, and you know we'll keep your seat warm for when you need it.

exercise.png

1st: 6.88 miles 3.88 miles running (Park Run), 3 m purposeful walking- MTD 6.88
    2nd: 7.5 miles, 5 m running and 2.5 m purposeful walking, Pilates - MTD 14.38
    3rd: 5.89 miles, 2.5 purposeful walking, 3.39 running, - MTD 20.27
    4th: 3.2 miles purposeful walking, Pilates and Strength training - MTD 23.47
    5th: 7.68 miles, 3.43 miles club speed training, including hill bleeps and whistle tag, 4.25 purposeful walking - MTD 31.15

Walked to the sports centre and back so I could watch my youngest grandbaby swimming. He's been poorly with 'hand, foot and mouth' and his poor little feet had skinned, making him reluctant to go in the bath. It was thought swimming would help. He wasn't happy about the idea and made his opinion clear as only a 22 month old can. HOWEVER after 5 minutes in the pool he was sooooo happy playing with his daddy (my baby) and then bawled when he had to come out 35 minutes later. So proud of him.

Edited for:
    Typos Aaaaaaarrrrggh!
  • Tazzythatsme
    Tazzythatsme Posts: 211 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    @vhuber - We see a lot of diabetic animals. Most do quite well on insulin injections. The Vetsulin (Zinc insulin) has had very good results. It's also come down in price. The other insulins have all gone way up in price. The needle is quite small and once you get used to giving the shots, they don't mind it too much. I'm not sure why your vet didn't take a glucose from a glucometer if she thought it was diabetes and then send the blood off to make sure nothing else was going on. You don't have to monitor the glucose as often with pets. They handle a much larger range of glucose and you are really only trying to keep it between 80 and 300. You can check it with a human glucometer. It's off a little, but close enough to tell if the glucose is high or low. Most are within 25 mg/dl. If you furby is urinating a lot or seems a little off, it's a good idea to have one at home so you can check it. They live a long time with high glucose but not very long with glucose below 30.
    They are to call me tomorrow & I will ask her then. THANK YOU so much for this info. The little stinker is doing good today. No throwing up, not drinking near the amount of water (meaning not as much peeing), ate real good & even went out for a walk & chased pheasants in the tree rows. I don't always feel comfortable with this clinic. remember we are in Podunkville but it was closest, he was sick & it was crappy snowy weather out..

• JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    I thought I posted earlier today but now I don't see it so apologies if I posted this twice. 5k of Disney Dopey Challenge done this morning. That puts me at 6/75. 10k tomorrow.
  • lamm84416
    lamm84416 Posts: 709 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    3.6 miles today
    20.94 miles month to date
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    3.25 on foot today. Skipped fitness class hoping I can get rid of this bid a mile g(that is quite relentless). A mile of that walking was bundled up walking outside with my furries. They NEEDED the exercise & I needed FRESH AIR even though it was only 2 degrees out.

exercise.png
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,345 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    @vhuber: I had two dogs with diabetes. The first one was treated by an old horse vet who did not push us to do insulin but insulin tablets. Very useless.
    My last sweet pup lived to 14 and he was diagnosed at around 10. We did the insulin and did urine strips which certainly are not as accurate but did them regularly to get an accurate reading throughout the day. Our vet was impressed as to how close that our results were with actual blood levels. I was drawing blood too as I got more confident. The shots are so easy to give. My dog stood there and let me do them. You just move your sights so as not to allow one area of skin. to get too tough from your needle punctures. We did them at the ruff of the neck and in the rump area. It is all under the skin. They will teach you and show you how to draw back first to make sure you don't draw blood. I did that maybe three times in all those shots.

My dog did develop cataracts which is very common in diabetic dogs. I being the crazy loving pet owner had them removed and even had an artificial lens put in. Yep he was my most valuable mutt. He 16 days radiation treatments in Cleveland for Hemangiopericytoma that he developed at age 2.5. We drove back and forth 2 1/2 hours each way as it was the closest place to do radiation. Now we have a fabulous specialty clinic that did his cataract surgery. We even spent 12 hours searching for him when they took him to human lab after hours when their equipment broke down. He slipped his collar even though he was to be hooked to his harness. By a miracle I found him in an industrial park laying in some grass near the fence along an interstate. Yep, I am the crazy pet owner who now has pet insurance. Bottom line; I would do the injections again if necesary. And as Dean stated, costs are coming down in Vetsilin. We started on Humulin L and ended up on Vetsilin. Wil keep good thoughts that all works out.
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,460 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    01/01 - 20.0 miles CycleOps Fluid 2 Trainer
    01/02 - 02.0 miles freezing cold walk
    01/03 - 20.0 miles CycleOps Fluid 2 Trainer
    01/03 - 01.0 miles walk
    01/04 - 20.0 miles CycleOps Fluid 2 Trainer
    01/05 - 20.0 miles CycleOps Fluid 2 Trainer

Total: 83.0 miles

exercise.png
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,345 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Dec. 5: Adding 8 miles today of walking and some sore knee lopping.
    TTD: 52.5 miles

exercise.png

@Dean: Liking your photos of Ruby the Wonder dog. Reminds me of my Merit.
    jkq59omfg49z.jpeg
  • scarfe9991
    scarfe9991 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Adding a few more miles. I've been running my doggie a little often, which is a huge time saver. We got a hands-free leash and although I still need to use hands to direct her some, it is much more enjoyable and fun for both of us

@vhuber I hope you get good news on your fur baby and he continues to feel better!

exercise.png

• cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,260 Member
    Options
    01/02 - 7.89
    01/03 - 4,554
    01/04 - 16,951
    01/05 - 18,048

exercise.png

Hope everyone has a fine Friday!

Chris
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    5.41 miles walked yesterday

21.02 miles walked to date
  • queenegreene
    queenegreene Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    1/5 - 1.69 miles walking
    Total for month - 9.85 of 155 miles
    Thanks for the kind words

@vhuber thinking of you and your furbaby today!
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,148 Member
    Options
    1.4 miles

exercise.png
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    OK the weather here is making me CRAZY! Snow yesterday, temps below 10F today and we expect rain and 51F by Tuesday. I Loved walking in the snow yesterday, and amazingly, even though I had a few close calls, I did not end up on my @$$ on the sidewalk. :D Debating on outside or treadmill today, not sure my lungs are ready for the cold yet.

Added 2.75 miles for a January total of 10.25 miles

exercise.png

@Dean Love the picture of Ruby the Wonder Dog.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Gym again yesterday-
    2 miles running
    1 mile walking
    7.84 stationary bike

exercise.png
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    5 miles done