January 2017 Move Your @ss Challenge

Options

Replies

• rockann16
    rockann16 Posts: 885 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Adding 8 miles

I read on someone else's post that their ticker wouldn't update with Chrome...maybe that's my problem too. I should have 11/50 miles.

exercise.png

• rockann16
    rockann16 Posts: 885 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

exercise.png

• Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    6 Jan 8.1 miles
    7 Jan 12.1 miles
    8 Jan 8.1 miles
    9 Jan 5.9 miles

MTD 79.9 miles
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    @darkrider42 Hope your visit with the oncology doctor gives some understanding. Sending prayers

@JTH11706 Congrats on your race! Well done - horrid weather on Saturday I believe!

@vhuber any news on your furbaby?
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Leanz wrote: »
    @darkrider42 Hope your visit with the oncology doctor gives some understanding. Sending prayers

@JTH11706 Congrats on your race! Well done - horrid weather on Saturday I believe!

@vhuber any news on your furbaby?
    Yes. He is diabetic along with other issues. He actually is doing really well so far by just tweaking his diet. he's a poodle & not overweight but he was losing weight.

• queenegreene
    queenegreene Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    1/8 - 3.85 miles walking
    Total for month - 17.8 of 155 miles
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    @darkrider - sorry to hear about your Dad. I can't imagine what you are going through and sending prayers and good thoughts to both of you.

Congrats to all those doing races this past weekend. I have done around 20 Disney races, but was not there this past weekend. I think I have given up on races that make me get up at 3AM anymore. LOL! I say that now, but we will see if I sign up for another morning one although I do really like the night ones there (don't have to get up early and they generally have less people).

Also thanks for the encouragement for my 2017 miles in 2017 goal! So far so good...

Anyway...here's my update...
    1/3 - 13 miles (should have been my rest day, but I hopped on the stationary bike for a bit)
    1/4 - 5 miles (should have just been 3 miles on the treadmill, but I hopped on the elliptical for 2 additional miles when that was done)
    1/6 - 14 miles
    1/7 - 5 miles
    1/8 - 11 miles

63/150
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Not much exercise the past few days, but I plan to get back at it today.

exercise.png
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the family health issues (including fur babies, who are family too!)

I ran with a group of girlfriends on Saturday morning. It was cold, but fun! Adding 3.19 miles.

exercise.png
  • wanderan
    wanderan Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    adding 2.2 miles

exercise.png

• JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    vhuber wrote: »
    Good job Janet! Cold? Like how cold? By the way where do you live?

I live in Florida now, although I have a summer house in New York. So I'm not used to cold anymore. It was 38F at the start with 15-20 mph winds - wind chill 25F. I know it's a lot colder where you are but I'm not sure even you would like standing around in running clothes for an hour and a half waiting to start at that temp! Last part of the race was very pleasant at about 50F, but no one hung around for the after party this year! The wind was too cold for people in sweaty running gear.
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,316 Member
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402
    =============================

TO THOSE OF YOU EXPERIENCING "TICKER PROBLEMS":

While it may be disconcerting that it doesn't show the correct total at the time you post it, please be assured that by the time Janet or I get around to doing our updates, it has always been correct with what you typed in plain text. It might just be that your browser is 'caching' (remembering) the old value, but when we go in to this thread, our browsers don't have it cached so everything looks fine to us. Try to relax and if after we've updated the spreadsheet you don't see your correct new total, then* you may panic if you wish. :smiley:

Dave
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Adding 4.17 + 5.01 + 4.25 + 3.47 + 3.88

Total miles walked to date 41.8
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Jan: 100 miles running or walking.

exercise.png

1st: 6.88 miles 3.88 miles running (Park Run), 3 m purposeful walking- MTD 6.88
    2nd: 7.5 miles, 5 m running and 2.5 m purposeful walking, Pilates - MTD 14.38
    3rd: 5.89 miles, 2.5 purposeful walking, 3.39 running, - MTD 20.27
    4th: 3.2 miles purposeful walking, Pilates and Strength training - MTD 23.47
    5th: 7.68 miles, 3.43 miles club speed training, including hill bleeps and whistle tag, 4.25 purposeful walking - MTD 31.15
    6th: 2 miles purposeful walking - MTD 33.15
    7th: 2.5 miles purposeful walking - MTD 35.65
    8th: 7.89 miles, 5.39 m running, Wk11:D3 C210K, 2.5 purposeful walking - MTD 43.54
    ...... my longest run yet! :):smile: :smile:

My heart goes out to those of you who are dealing with loved ones with health problems. I hope you find the inner strength to deal with what life has thrown at you.

@Janet, yet again well done for your amazing runs - even if you had to miss one this year.
    @clepant - I'm seeing a podiatrist to check my gait and possibly get inserts for my shoes - as a preventative for further calf issues. I'll let you know how it goes!
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,806 Member
    Options
    1/09
    31.00 miles
    220.85 miles MTD
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,149 Member
    Options
    Back in the game after working three 12 hour shifts in a row this weekend, in the midst of a snow/ice storm that made it more difficult. Long shifts, lots of sick calls by the coworkers, followed by scary drives home (NC does not do snow plowing/icing well at all). I hated being cooped up, spent a lot of the weekend in the OR since all my patients ended up with c-sections. Anyway, survived it and spent some quality time on the treadmill. I managed 3.5 miles of running which is a miracle, my brain never lets me stay on there that long but it felt so good to move.

@Dave :disappointed: Just read the news. I'm so sorry. It's hard to see our parents get sick when we grew up thinking they were the strongest people in the world. Keeping good thoughts.

exercise.png

• verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    Jan: Goal 150
    1st: 3.83
    2nd: 13.29 (Spin 10)
    3rd: 5.63
    4th: 2.62
    5th: 8.07
    6th: 4.41
    7th: 2.69
    8th: 3.62 - Total: 44.16
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,316 Member
    Options
    BeLLe_60 wrote: »
    Dave ((hugs)) We just went through this with my brother. :'(<3 All the best to you, your dad and your family! <3

He was 55 yrs.

I'm so sorry about your brother too! He was my age. I'll be 55 in May. It's so hard saying goodbye at any age though. My heart goes out to your family as well.

Dave
  • azsundancer
    azsundancer Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    BeLLe_60 wrote: »
    Dave ((hugs)) We just went through this with my brother. :'(<3 All the best to you, your dad and your family! <3

He was 55 yrs.

I'm so sorry about your brother too! He was my age. I'll be 55 in May. It's so hard saying goodbye at any age though. My heart goes out to your family as well.

Dave

It most certainly is.. thank you Dave. <3
  • lamm84416
    lamm84416 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    1/8, 4.29 miles
    1/9, 6.21 miles

35.47 miles month to date
This discussion has been closed.