January 2017 Move Your @ss Challenge

Options

Replies

• clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,355 Member
    Options
    @vhuber: So glad the new diet seems to be helping your pup.

My dad came through his dental procedure. We had freaky black ice this morning and a two hour delay. I actually got to work 15 minutes late and taught all my classes after taking my dad to his appointment. God works in mysterious and wonderful ways.

Jan. 11: Adding 9 miles today of walking 6 and cycling 3 miles
    TTD: 121 miles

exercise.png

• clepant
    Options

My dad came through his dental procedure. We had freaky black ice this morning and a two hour delay. I actually got to work 15 minutes late and taught all my classes after taking my dad to his appointment. God works in mysterious and wonderful ways.

exercise.png

• Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,806 Member
    Options
    1/11
    31.74 miles
    279.55 miles MTD
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,461 Member
    Options
    01/08 - 20.0 miles CycleOps Fluid 2 Trainer (geeze, snowstorm, icestorm, rainstorm & all this is refreezing tonight)
    01/09 - 01.0 miles rest day walk
    01/10 - 20.0 miles CycleOps Fluid 2 Trainer (gale force winds & snow & its piling up fast, my singing events tonight-canceled)
    01/11 - 20.0 miles CycleOps Fluid 2 Trainer (took an hour to unbury my van today, burned more cals than turbo)

Total: 186.0 miles

exercise.png

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    Starting off with 6 miles out of 200.

Adding 2 miles for 8 out of 200.

Adding 5 miles for 13 out of 200.

Adding 9 miles for 21 out of 200

Adding 9 miles for 30 out of 200.

Adding 9 miles for 39 out of 200.

Adding 11 miles for 50 out of 200.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    clepant wrote: »

exercise.png
    That is good news about your dads dental procedure & how your day went. It is truly AMAZING how God works in our lives!

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    It is soooooo cold here. I look forward to it being ABOVE zero & I can take my fur babies for a walk.
    I did walk a mile on the TM & 6.5 on the ex-bike tonite.

exercise.png
  • micheleg1965
    micheleg1965 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Walked 2.45 miles today.
    17.96/ 60 total miles
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,316 Member
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402

• taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Had Tuesday off and the temperatures soared into the 50F range, so I took a nice long walk along the river. Strange that I was the only one out there, we don't get these chances too often in January. Yesterday I had a little less time to myself but I did OK anyway.

Added 8 miles for a January total of 27.25 miles

I hope I get my van back from the shop today. The loaner is nice (too nice for my taste) but it has too many buttons and gadgets and stuff. I want my old, basic, gets me from here to there van back.

Take care of yourselves and your loved ones all. Have a wonderful Thursday!
  • azsundancer
    azsundancer Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    January 11 5.65

exercise.png

MTD 68.22
  • wanderan
    wanderan Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    adding 3.7 miles

exercise.png
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,316 Member
    Options

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

Spent the afternoon and evening at the ER with my Dad yesterday. He thought he had another kidney stone but it turned out to be a fractured rib from a fall about two weeks ago. Not sure why it started bothering him more all of a sudden, but it did. All in all that was far less concerning and easier to treat than any of the other possible things it could've been. And this was all after getting my fiance' situated and home after two cars crashed into her on the way home from a doctor appointment yesterday morning. She doesn't think she's hurt, but she is sore and stiff today. Going to the doctor at noon. Almost certainly her car is totaled though. I dare not ask the question out loud "What more can go wrong?" so I won't, but I'm sure thinking it.
  • queenegreene
    queenegreene Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    1/11 - 2.0 miles walking
    Total for month - 23.69 of 155 miles
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,806 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    1/12
    29.32 miles
    308.87 miles MTD
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,149 Member
    Options
    Geez Dave. You need to wrap everyone in bubble wrap.

4.3 miles today. Six days ago it was snowing enough to keep people indoors and schools closed, today it's over 70. North Carolina weather is freaky.

exercise.png
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Starting off with 6 miles out of 200.

Adding 2 miles for 8 out of 200.

Adding 5 miles for 13 out of 200.

Adding 9 miles for 21 out of 200

Adding 9 miles for 30 out of 200.

Adding 9 miles for 39 out of 200.

Adding 11 miles for 50 out of 200.

Adding 13 miles for 63 out of 200
  • sufferlandrian
    Options

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

Spent the afternoon and evening at the ER with my Dad yesterday. He thought he had another kidney stone but it turned out to be a fractured rib from a fall about two weeks ago. Not sure why it started bothering him more all of a sudden, but it did. All in all that was far less concerning and easier to treat than any of the other possible things it could've been. And this was all after getting my fiance' situated and home after two cars crashed into her on the way home from a doctor appointment yesterday morning. She doesn't think she's hurt, but she is sore and stiff today. Going to the doctor at noon. Almost certainly her car is totaled though. I dare not ask the question out loud "What more can go wrong?" so I won't, but I'm sure thinking it.

Dave, you're starting to remind me of the "Hee Haw" song. "If it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all....."

Hang in there. Sometimes it seems like the light at the end of the tunnel is a train coming your way, but I know you can get through this. You didn't come this far with your health by being a wimp. Let me know if I can do something.
  • clepant
    Options
    @Dave: Oh my, what ordeals you are experiencing.They say that which does not kill us makes us stronger. As a person of faith, I believe that God never takes me through the trials of life to leave me there. He has always been faithful to bring me through each and every one. In the eye of the storm I have found my greatest respise when I was smack in the middle of it because He surrounded me with his peace. As Dean said, while it may not seem like it know, there is light at the other end. Stay strong and lean hard when you need too. I am going through lots of what you are....you are not alone.
    Hugs to you, your fiancée and dad.
    Char
  • clepant
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Jan. 12: Had to teach double classes today because my teammate was out. Lots of crunches, push ups, squats and running. I got my steps in and then some playing Star Wars. Phew! I am feeling my age today.
    Came home to my yard being flooded due to the malfunctioning new storm drain my municipality put in last year. eight inches of water and most of garden washed away.
    My fur pup hurt his leg and is limping all of the place. Giving him a chance to see if it shows signs of improvement or its off to the vet.
    Good news is that my dad only had a strained back and a blister on his back. And my feet are still holding strong with my new inserts. It is a good day!

Adding 12 miles. 7 miles of walking and running with my kids and 5 miles on my bike for a little relaxation.
    TTD: 133 miles

exercise.png

This discussion has been closed.