January 2017 Move Your @ss Challenge

Options

Replies

• clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,354 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    @Janet: Here is a pic of my running club friend at Disney challenge ribbon distribution.
    1hpvm0t22y99.jpeg
  • lamm84416
    lamm84416 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    1/11 : 7.55 miles
    1/12 : 7.68 miles

57.74 miles month to date
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,461 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    01/08 - 20.0 miles CycleOps Fluid 2 Trainer (geeze, snowstorm, icestorm, rainstorm & all this is refreezing tonight)
    01/09 - 01.0 miles rest day walk
    01/10 - 20.0 miles CycleOps Fluid 2 Trainer (gale force winds & snow & its piling up fast, my singing events tonight-canceled)
    01/11 - 20.0 miles CycleOps Fluid 2 Trainer (took an hour to unbury my van today, burned more cals than turbo)
    01/12 - 20.0 miles CycleOps Fluid 2 Trainer (so sunny & beautiful today, just frozen slush, snow & 29F-turbo again)

Total: 206.0 miles

exercise.png

• anaconda469
    Options
    To whom ever posted on here to update the ticker first before working with MFP, it works (so far). Chrome was the issue with the ticker. So I have been updating the ticker before I even open MFP, so far the last 2 times this has work. For Chrome users, I recommend trying this out. I have been using Internet Explorer to update MYAC, but after the steps I outlined, I go to Chrome, check the post and the Tickee is correct. So next MYAC update I am going to do these steps then use Chrome to post the update and see if this is still working.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    My fitbit said I did over 10,000 steps and that was before I went to fitness class. No other miles though.
    Hugs to ya Dave! I agree it must be sooo tough to deal with this!
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,918 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    1/10 8.75 miles + 3.50 miles
    1/11 6.25 miles
    1/12 9.25 miles

As of 1/12 88.25 miles of 225 miles (correct mileage)

exercise.png
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    4.01 miles walked yesterday

49.54 miles walked to date
  • amazingmummy
    amazingmummy Posts: 816 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    Geez Dave!! Thinking of you!!

12 Jan 6.1 mile
    13 Jan 8.4 miles

MTD 107.8miles
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Wow Dave, I think it's time you get a break. Hang in there, I know how hard it is when it seems everyone around you is falling apart. I'm glad your dad's injury wasn't more serious, my father's last fall led to a lacerated kidney that bled for over a week before my mom found out and took him to the hospital. And it's good to hear your fiancé wasn't hurt more seriously. Cars are replaceable, people, not so much. Just don't forget to take care of yourself while everything is so chaotic. I wouldn't want to see you sick on top of the rest. Hugs and prayers for you and your fiancé and your dad.
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I actually had a better than expected day yesterday. I replaced my training videos and all but one has been reviewed and approved for posting. :) My van was finally finished at the repair shop and I'm so glad to have my basic, comfortable friend back. My next two month's pay has been spent on those repairs :# , but it's still better than buying a new vehicle. And, I had time to get some walking in too.

Added 2.25 miles for a January total of 29.5 miles. Hey, I'm ahead of the curve for the first time in many months. :)

exercise.png

@kar328 Yeah, Ohio weather is just as nutty. Snow last week, then 70s 2 days ago, now freezing rain tonight.
  • wanderan
    wanderan Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    adding 6.2 miles

exercise.png
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,149 Member
    Options
    adding 3.5 miles. Got a catcall when I was out walking, from some service van. Since I did heavy squats yesterday, I'm taking that as a compliment that my butt looks good. (insert perky butt emoji here)

exercise.png
  • azsundancer
    azsundancer Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    January 12 5.63

exercise.png

MTD 73.85

• azsundancer
    azsundancer Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402

Spent the afternoon and evening at the ER with my Dad yesterday. He thought he had another kidney stone but it turned out to be a fractured rib from a fall about two weeks ago. Not sure why it started bothering him more all of a sudden, but it did. All in all that was far less concerning and easier to treat than any of the other possible things it could've been. And this was all after getting my fiance' situated and home after two cars crashed into her on the way home from a doctor appointment yesterday morning. She doesn't think she's hurt, but she is sore and stiff today. Going to the doctor at noon. Almost certainly her car is totaled though. I dare not ask the question out loud "What more can go wrong?" so I won't, but I'm sure thinking it.

Hoping you have a better days.. to follow!!!
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,315 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402

Once again, thank you all for listening and caring. And @Karen, I think you're onto something with the bubble wrap!!!! :wink: I'm not a superstitious person at all, but I was seriously considering not getting out of bed today (Friday the 13th). :grimace: I managed to get through the day yesterday without any adverse events so I'm hoping to extend that streak to 2 full days. @Dean, I remember that song from Hee Haw and that is pretty much how I feel. lol As with good luck, a bad luck streak can't continue forever.....riiiiiight???? Let's hope not anyway. I'm hanging in there, but I'm about ready for some boring days ahead...please. And I'm trying to follow your advice too, @CLEPANT. I know you're going through a LOT as well....many health sorts of issues with your father. My thoughts and prayers are with you as well.

Oh and on the bright side, my fiancee' is doing a little better today now that the muscle relaxers and ibuprofen are at work.....and she had a meeting and was on-the-spot offered a part-time contracting position that will work with her current job and we are thrilled about it. She's going to rock it and show them how truly amazing she is. :smile:

Dave
  • queenegreene
    queenegreene Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    1/12 - 2.02 miles walking
    Total for month - 25.71 of 155 miles
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,805 Member
    Options
    1/13
    27.69 miles
    336.56 miles MTD
  • anaconda469
    Options
    taxmom9093 wrote: »
    Wow Dave, I think it's time you get a break. Hang in there, I know how hard it is when it seems everyone around you is falling apart. I'm glad your dad's injury wasn't more serious, my father's last fall led to a lacerated kidney that bled for over a week before my mom found out and took him to the hospital. And it's good to hear your fiancé wasn't hurt more seriously. Cars are replaceable, people, not so much. Just don't forget to take care of yourself while everything is so chaotic. I wouldn't want to see you sick on top of the rest. Hugs and prayers for you and your fiancé and your dad.

Agreed Dave. Please take a break and take care of your Dad, and yourself too. We are here for you, hope you know that.
  • anaconda469
    edited January 2017
    Options
    My Friday the 13th went just dandy, thank goodness I was not on a bike. I went to check my mail, all of the snow, slush and wet crap has all frozen now. So I put on my 'snow boots' went out and promptly slipped and fell on my backside in the mucky slush. I paid over 100 bucks for snow specific boots, and what did I get, a sore butt. After that little escapade I have just stayed in the house.

01/08 - 20.0 miles CycleOps Fluid 2 Trainer (geeze, snowstorm, icestorm, rainstorm & all this is refreezing tonight)
    01/09 - 01.0 miles rest day walk
    01/10 - 20.0 miles CycleOps Fluid 2 Trainer (gale force winds & snow & its piling up fast, my singing events tonight-canceled)
    01/11 - 20.0 miles CycleOps Fluid 2 Trainer (took an hour to unbury my van today, burned more cals than turbo)
    01/12 - 20.0 miles CycleOps Fluid 2 Trainer (so sunny & beautiful today, just frozen slush, snow and 29 out turbo again)
    01/13 - 20.0 miles CycleOps Fluid 2 Trainer (this snow/freezing weather is getting old....fast)

Total: 226.0 miles

exercise.png

This discussion has been closed.