Nutritarian New Year!

Options
124»

Replies

• danygard
    danygard Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Have read this group a couple of times. Disappointed that the only Nutritarian group on myfitnesspal isn't that committed to a Nutritarian diet. I love this way of eating and I just joined the Nutritarian Women's Health Study so they can see if eating this way has a long term effect on health and longevity. My challenge will be eating more kale & collards and reducing my wine intake. Just watched the Dr. Gregor video on sulfites and their link to colon cancer, maybe that will help with my wine problem.
  • whats_her_name
    whats_her_name Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    danygard wrote: »
    Disappointed that the only Nutritarian group on myfitnesspal isn't that committed to a Nutritarian diet.

I wouldn't say that; I'm approaching my 5th anniversary of being vegan this fall. I have not had any animal products at all. But I struggle with carbs. Others here have different struggles. We are just normal, busy people who are trying to achieve this way of life.

I strongly believe that it's the best lifestyle for a long, healthy life, and I still strive towards it, even though sometimes I'm not even close to perfect.

• Carla_wfpb
    Carla_wfpb Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    Danygard, I believe most of us have followed it strictly at some point or other, but have found it challenging to stick with 100%. Perhaps since you are doing so well with it, you can post in here about your daily meals and offer some tips. I have difficultly especially with eating my greens. I don't like preparing them and they are really unappetizing to me. I've enjoyed them in the past, but it is a big hurdle right now. Thankfully, I'm not particularly keen on wine or beer, so abstaining from alcohol is easy for me.

Karrie, did you see my question about weaving? Super cute kitty! I'm with you Karrie - I totally believe that is the healthiest lifestyle and that it not only increases longevity, but the quality of life. I can't say I'm striving towards it every day, but I do keep trying overall. I would love to go to a retreat and be 'forced' to eat this way for a few weeks just to get through the worst of the addictions.

Mihani, days like that where you work so hard and make little progress are rough. Maybe you'll run into a few quick and easy files soon :) did you order your Instant Pot yet?

Today I'm making the spinach chana masala for dinner. I'm loading it heavy on the spinach. It's an Instant Pot recipe, Mihani. http://www.carveyourcraving.com/instant-pot-spinach-chana-masala-vegan-gluten-free/
  • whats_her_name
    Options
    Oops sorry, Carla - I don't weave at all but I'm intruigued - I'd love to hear how you find it, and yes, I'm on ravelry.com - my username is wbmommy - add me as a friend!! :smiley:

A retreat would be amazing...
  • Mihani
    Mihani Posts: 3,931 Member
    Options
    Howdy y'all... another long day. Better on eating at least...

B - oatmeal with almond milk and a few walnuts
    L - steamer bag of veggies with brown rice topped with nooch and black pepper
    D - not sure yet, worked late again, these 10 hour days are rough, and then you add in the drive time... ugh. I think I'll open a can of black beans and heat 'em up with some rice and salsa and frozen corn

I made a pot of brown rice last night so that I can take a cup of it in a container to work and have it with the steamer veggies that I keep in the freezer there. Still need to get more fruit in. I just don't crave it in the cold weather like I do in summer.

Still have a little work to do tonight but shouldn't take more than an hour (I hope!) and I can get to bed. Still struggling with being tired and stressed all the time and not having time or inclination for food prep. Going to try to get to the grocery this weekend, I am relying on canned beans, frozen veggies, brown rice and oatmeal right now. I planned to do some shopping and food prep Sunday but with the sinus headache all day... oh well.

Hi Danygard, welcome to the group. What Karrie said. Honestly ETL was a secondary thing for me, but I found this group when I was exploring ETL and love the people. I inherited/reinstated the group when the prior founder accidentally deleted it (we lost so many great threads and recipes!). So anyway, I was vegetarian for many years, then went vegan in 2012 (I think it was) and lost all kinds of weight without even intending to. I was 220 pounds at my highest weight, lost 30 or so prior to going vegan, then went vegan and got down to the 140's but I lost my focus definitely. I didn't really use MFP until I had already lost most of my weight and I'll be really up front that I think reading all the forums set me back, I started experimenting with all the advice I read and really screwed everything up lol. I am now bouncing around between 165 and 175, I'm not happy about it, but I haven't found it in myself to get serious and back to my prior habits. My work has been consuming me the past couple years, but I'm still extremely grateful that I haven't gained any more than that! The people on this group are really wonderful and we've been at this for a long time, sometimes full on and sometimes not so much, but we're always striving. I didn't want this group to be a place where people didn't feel comfortable hanging out if they weren't totally strict ETL, and I'd love to hear more about what you are doing and how things are going. It's always inspiring to me to hear how other people are working the plan.

Karrie your new kitty is so beautiful! I love that picture too, what a silly cat.

Carla, haven't got the instant pot yet, going to try to get to the actual store this weekend so I can look at them and also get the spiralizer.

Okay better get up to my desk!
  • whats_her_name
    Options
    Has anyone gotten the OSG app? I have it, but I'll admit, I haven't had a chance to try any of the recipes. Until this morning. I tried the "In the Buff" Smoothie Bowl and it was very tasty! I added blueberries and toasted coconut on top. Yum! I'll be making that one again.

Today is day 4. Still going. My whole body is sore. My swim is tonight; I'm looking forward to the hot tub most of all. :wink: