Picture thread!

Options
123457»

Replies

• PennyHarris123
    PennyHarris123 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I must admit that I have trouble to see a difference between the 2 pictures. But since I have gained over 4 kg I guess I'm doing something good... That much weight in fat would certainly have showed somewhere, wouldn't it?

I'm not done yet either, going to bulk on for another 10 weeks! :happy:
    4.3kg weight gain! no way! that's unreal really doesn't look like it...more defined for sure...well done!!!
  • pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I must admit that I have trouble to see a difference between the 2 pictures. But since I have gained over 4 kg I guess I'm doing something good... That much weight in fat would certainly have showed somewhere, wouldn't it?

I'm not done yet either, going to bulk on for another 10 weeks! :happy:
    4.3kg weight gain! no way! that's unreal really doesn't look like it...more defined for sure...well done!!!
    Thank you! I'm really wondering what is hiding between my fluff, but time will certainly tell :smile:
  • watto1980
    watto1980 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Here's another progress picture. Not long after my last picture update but I thought I would post one last comparison picture before I begin to bulk.

Left side of the picture is when I began cutting using All Pro's Routine and the right side is from about one week ago. This progress has taken me almost 6 months. I am now going into bulking phase to try and put on some muscle. I am pretty excited to be doing this and am going to stick with the same lifting program. So stay tuned for more updates in the future!

5f0a92e3-d6cd-48aa-ba3a-da13f9c01be6_zps8218b1dc.jpg
  • jasonheyd
    jasonheyd Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I especially like the photogenic facial features. ;-)

Seriously though, nice work!
  • watto1980
    Options
    I especially like the photogenic facial features. ;-)

Seriously though, nice work!
    lol yeah it's not the best look. I am not afraid to show my face but because of my occupation it is safer not to have half naked pictures of myself floating around on the internet!
  • jasonheyd
    Options
    lol. Understandable. :)
  • pandorakick
    Options
    I've posted my end of bulk results, including pictures here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1216768-end-of-bulk-results

:flowerforyou:
  • sun_fish
    sun_fish Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I've posted my end of bulk results, including pictures here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1216768-end-of-bulk-results

Looks like you made great progress. I can see more definition in your arms, your butt is perkier, and while your waist looks bigger, you still have shape. Your legs also look firmer. Really does not look like a 15 pound gain. Do you have any idea of your body fat percentage?
  • pandorakick
    Options
    Thank you!

Really haven't got a clue about my current BF%, I'm guessing 21-22% -ish....
  • watto1980
    Options

Nice work, it will be interesting to see what results you get when you cut. It was a good effort bulking for 21 weeks.

I am aiming for a 20 week bulk myself. I already feel fat and am only in week 3 lol but I think it's in my head so I will keep going.
  • pandorakick
    Options
    Thank you! I will certainly post my post-cut results.

I hear you about the feeling fat thing. Especially the first few weeks are hard in that respect, because of added water weight, dealing with increased volume of food and related bloating.
  • watto1980
    Options
    Hey all,

I have just started the 9th week of bulking. Here is a pic of 8 weeks of progress, thought I would see what you all thought. I used this pose because I found this picture from towards the end of my cut. I feel like the bulk is going well although I have gained more weight than suggested, however I don't feel too fat, especially clothed..

8eaf58e9-bf85-4e57-94ac-7ec385bb3b71_zpsb4b1d7ce.jpg
  • jasonheyd
    Options
    I have gained more weight than suggested, however I don't feel too fat, especially clothed..

Looks like good progress to me.

You're going to gain some fat along with the muscle, especially if you're really eating consistently above your TDEE.

As long as you're not going crazy about it, once the bulk cycle's done, you should be able to trim some body fat by just keeping up with the exercise & moving back to TDEE, rather than moving to a full-blown cut & risking greater muscle loss. You can treat the "cut" as a chance to switch lifting routines as well... give your body a bit of a rest & force some re-adjustment to new exercises & effort levels.

That's generally the approach that I've been taking, although in reverse, since I'm more cutting than bulking... I hit SBR during my regular "cut" (eating slightly below TDEE) and then rotate in a "bulk" cycle where I run a 5x5 at or slightly above TDEE. It's probably slower going, but it's been getting me more consistent results... Weight's very slowly dropping, but LBM is improving.
  • watto1980
    Options
    I have gained more weight than suggested, however I don't feel too fat, especially clothed..

Looks like good progress to me.
    Cheers mate, I have noticed a big difference around the shoulders, traps and chest. I am glad it is actually working, I was worried I would just turn into fat again lol. I have gained an average of over of about 1.3lb a week. But I put on some bigger gains in the first few weeks with food / creatine. So the past 6 weeks or so is probably closer to 1lb per week weight gain.
    You're going to gain some fat along with the muscle, especially if you're really eating consistently above your TDEE.
    Yeah true, I have gained a bit but I am not too worried about it. I think my sweet spot would be 3200-3330 calories however most weeks I average around 3500. It's weird but I feel stronger when I eat 3500.
    As long as you're not going crazy about it, once the bulk cycle's done, you should be able to trim some body fat by just keeping up with the exercise & moving back to TDEE, rather than moving to a full-blown cut & risking greater muscle loss. You can treat the "cut" as a chance to switch lifting routines as well... give your body a bit of a rest & force some re-adjustment to new exercises & effort levels.
    Yeah I will definitely ease my way into the cut, slowly reduce calories and do a bit of cardio till I hit the sweet spot where I am not losing too much weight / strength.
    I was going to stick the SBR for my cut as well before changing to a 5x5 program for a second bulk, just to max out my lifts before moving onto a more intermediate program like 5/3/1. How do you think I should approach it instead?
    That's generally the approach that I've been taking, although in reverse, since I'm more cutting than bulking... I hit SBR during my regular "cut" (eating slightly below TDEE) and then rotate in a "bulk" cycle where I run a 5x5 at or slightly above TDEE. It's probably slower going, but it's been getting me more consistent results... Weight's very slowly dropping, but LBM is improving.
    Yeah I have noticed that with your weigh-ins. I am probably not as patient as you lol, I am loving bulking up though, mainly how strong I am getting. Every week lifting more and more weight and it just feels like I have heaps more left in me.
  • jasonheyd
    Options
    I was going to stick the SBR for my cut as well before changing to a 5x5 program for a second bulk, just to max out my lifts before moving onto a more intermediate program like 5/3/1. How do you think I should approach it instead?

That sounds right to me... SBR's cut-friendly, 5x5s are typically less so.
    Yeah I have noticed that with your weigh-ins. I am probably not as patient as you lol, I am loving bulking up though, mainly how strong I am getting. Every week lifting more and more weight and it just feels like I have heaps more left in me.

ha! I was out of town on a business trip this week. Packed on 4 lbs. in beer, salt & water weight but dropped 3 after a day back... Should be getting back to running & lifting starting tonight. ;-)
  • watto1980
    Options

That sounds right to me... SBR's cut-friendly, 5x5s are typically less so.

ha! I was out of town on a business trip this week. Packed on 4 lbs. in beer, salt & water weight but dropped 3 after a day back... Should be getting back to running & lifting starting tonight. ;-)

Yeah I was wondering where you have been! Back into it mate, I like seeing those newsfeed updates lol