KetoGirl83 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. :)

::flowerforyou::
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    One of his most endearing qualities is the humility reflected in his routine acknowledgement that things he thinks are right today he might find wrong tomorrow.

"I view my own data with skepticism."

And this mantra, which very few of us appear to share both in theory and practice:

"Let's think physiologically, not ideologically" (after remarking on Loren Cordain's warning to him that eating >50% fat would be "dangerous").
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Great video!
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    I looked on Youtube but didn't see Part 2?
  • RalfLott
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Haven't seen it yet.... :/

Part 2 may have a discussion of IF. Should be interesting.

I believe his prior comments on IF suggest that he doesn't believe the science to date has demonstrated that fasting brings a health benefit that does not reduce lean body mass or create electrolyte deficiencies.
  • bjwoodzy
    bjwoodzy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Thanks.
  • camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Thank you, I have just x-posted a link on www.ketogenicforums.com too. :)
  • RalfLott
    Options
    camtosh wrote: »

Phinney's presentation posted by Low Carb Down Under last November is great, too.

Here's the videos page from LCDA's website - lots of other interesting vids, in addition to Phinney's:
    https://lowcarbdownunder.com.au/videos/
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Options
    camtosh wrote: »

I'm really liking ketogenic forums. It's weird though. I feel like a "new kid" not having the familiarity with the people there that I do here. But it's nice because there are so many well versed participants and I've seen some interesting conversations.
  • camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it is a different vibe. But good information. And 2 kewl dudes! love that podcast.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Looked a bit at the LCDA too, and looked for part 2 Phinney (no luck), then fell down a rabbit hole (youtube is like that :o )

got stuck watching BBC's Fat Doctor Series 1 Episode 1 (someone here put me on to that grrr lol) and thought, geez no wonder you needed gastric surgery - 20 pints of beer every time you met your mates for dart night????
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    Looked a bit at the LCDA too, and looked for part 2 Phinney (no luck), then fell down a rabbit hole (youtube is like that :o )

got stuck watching BBC's Fat Doctor Series 1 Episode 1 (someone here put me on to that grrr lol) and thought, geez no wonder you needed gastric surgery - 20 pints of beer every time you met your mates for dart night????

Is 20 pints too much or not enough? Dart night does require beer. ;)
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    cstehansen wrote: »

Is 20 pints too much or not enough? Dart night does require beer. ;)

Interestingly, there's a correlation between high alcohol consumption and lower weight among women, while it's the complete opposite for men. The ladies tend to not eat when hitting the sauce, and men tend to shovel even more crap than usual in their faces.
  • RalfLott
    Options
    When will we ever catch up? Evolution is cruel.
  • bjwoodzy
    bjwoodzy Posts: 593 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

Lol that was ME! <3 ya!
  • Riche120
    Riche120 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Interestingly, there's a correlation between high alcohol consumption and lower weight among women, while it's the complete opposite for men. The ladies tend to not eat when hitting the sauce, and men tend to shovel even more crap than usual in their faces.

hmmmm... tequila for dinner... ;)
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Options
    Riche120 wrote: »

hmmmm... tequila for dinner... ;)

My tequila radar went off...
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    No, Goose for dinner here, lol (Grey kind)
  • RalfLott
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »

Here's part 2 - 90 minutes of fascinating tips and insights (from electrolytes & athletic performance to the effect of ketones on gut health & longevity to the effect of fasting on muscle loss & resting metabolism, and plenty more). .

https://youtu.be/Qk0U006YZ2w