Husband experienced the wrath of carbs!

Options
2»

Replies

• RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    Haha! It's true. Your body's way of saying, "thanks for saving me."

You can get a couple free tastes at a brewery and need to watch what you say!
  • cimarrona27
    cimarrona27 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Lol. Good to know.

• RalfLott
    Options
    Lol. Good to know.

New Year's Eve?
  • cimarrona27
    cimarrona27 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »
    Lol. Good to know.

New Year's Eve?

Oh, definitely! I went from casual conversation- drink 1, to telling everyone who I would potentially date should my husband meet a tragic end... drink 3.

Now- to be fair my husband and I always joke about our "backups". So he was not surprised and highly amused. Happily married 13+ years. It was just unfortunate that two of them were attending our party.

Did I mention that I drink like twice a year because I'm an extreme lightweight?

Oy.

• RalfLott
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »
    Lol. Good to know.

New Year's Eve?

Oh, definitely! I went from casual conversation- drink 1, to telling everyone who I would potentially date should my husband meet a tragic end... drink 3.

Now- to be fair my husband and I always joke about our "backups". So he was not surprised and highly amused. Happily married 13+ years. It was just unfortunate that two of them were attending our party.

Did I mention that I drink like twice a year because I'm an extreme lightweight?

Oy.

I think you may be a featherweight now.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    I am like KnitOrMiss.... nothing upsets my tummy, so no carb revolt to keep me on the straight & narrow :/ . Only kryptonite for me is gluten, but that's a whole 'nother story as it isn't just GI issues.
  • camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Karlottap wrote: »
    I've been having to consume more carbs than I have in two years. Am advancing my intake from liquids to now soft foods while recovering from having about eight inches of my small intestine removed. The GI distress has been horrible! I can't wait to be fully healed so I can get back to eating meat!! It's real folks! Carbs are not kind!

Hope you heal well!
  • camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Thankfully (?) being low carb makes it quite difficult to have more than 4 and be coherent......

For me it's now 2 glasses of wine. Beyond that I am dancing on the ceiling. Though the exercise helps!
  • RalfLott
    Options
    camtosh wrote: »
    Thankfully (?) being low carb makes it quite difficult to have more than 4 and be coherent......

For me it's now 2 glasses of wine. Beyond that I am dancing on the ceiling. Though the exercise helps!

Nice visual!
  • RalfLott
    Options
    Bwaahahahaa.. Even nicer!
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    OMG! 80's hair!
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Might be different once you've been doing keto for a while. I have subway - a whole footlong about once every 6 months. Steak, cheese, bacon, salad, south west sauce. Because reasons. It would be my only foray into carb land. I have no ill effects and I'm usually back in ketosis the next day.
  • missippibelle
    missippibelle Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    I am like KnitOrMiss.... nothing upsets my tummy, so no carb revolt to keep me on the straight & narrow :/ . Only kryptonite for me is gluten, but that's a whole 'nother story as it isn't just GI issues.

My Mom is a celiac, and part of the reason I adopted this WOE, is to see if gluten causes any of the problems I am having. None of them are GI related for me. She had major GI issues, but also has neuropathy, skin issues, migraines, that all have improved since going GF. She can't have a trace of gluten or dairy or she gets sick.