Keto has saved me.

Options
I had a heart attack over Labor Day weekend. Started LCHF about 10 days before. Had my diabetes management appointment today. Insulin lowered in half to 6 and 4 as base doses. On 9/10/16 my a1c was 10.5. Even with cardiac rehab and recovering from triple bypass and temptations during holidays, I lowered my a1c to a 5.1 today. BOOYAH!!!! I made the APNP's day. This WOE has worked a miracle.

Replies

• RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    Fabulous! Just curious.... What's your daily diet look like? Any supplements?

Congrats again. That's just incredible.
  • XavierNusum
    XavierNusum Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! Way to go!!
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    :)
  • RAC56
    RAC56 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Big Congrats!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Awesomesauce.
  • andrederosier
    andrederosier Posts: 121 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »
    Fabulous! Just curious.... What's your daily diet look like? Any supplements?

Congrats again. That's just incredible.

Breakfast is eggs, maybe omelette. Lunch varies but extra meat fajitas on low carb wrap, chicken salad, tuna salad, left over supper, unwich from Jimmy John's or a bunless burger make it in rotation often. Supper is meat and veggie. Mostly chicken breast or center cut boneless pork chops. Cod and steak every so often. Sides mainly sauteed brocolli, roasted asparagus, sauteed green beans and on days where carb count is still low I eat some peas. I try cauliflower every so often and have not found a way I like it yet.

Multi-vitamin, vitamin D and prescription meds only supplements. Today MetFormin was reduced too from 2000 mg daily to 1000. Maybe one day will no longer need beta-blocker or the statin. Been told I will always be taking the 81 mg aspirin.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I am sorry to hear about the heart attack, but the rest of the news is very good. Congrats!
  • asgentr
    asgentr Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Excellent! Keep up the good work.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    I had a heart attack over Labor Day weekend. Started LCHF about 10 days before. Had my diabetes management appointment today. Insulin lowered in half to 6 and 4 as base doses. On 9/10/16 my a1c was 10.5. Even with cardiac rehab and recovering from triple bypass and temptations during holidays, I lowered my a1c to a 5.1 today. BOOYAH!!!! I made the APNP's day. This WOE has worked a miracle.

@andrederosier those are awesome results and may lead to you never needing by-pass surgery again. I know some who had the same surgery but did not change their way of eating and have had more open heart surgery. Keep up the good work.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Wow. Congratulations on engineering your own recovery! I'm glad things are looking up for you. :)
  • bluebell67
    bluebell67 Posts: 11 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Congratulations. Sorry to hear about the heart attack but what a brilliant recovery you're making. Thank you for sharing. Keep going and it sounds like you'll be off your meds in the not too distant future. :)
  • ABeautifulDistraction
    Options
    So sorry about the heart attack, but CONGRATULATIONS on your wonderful recovery.
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/38551399#Comment_38551399

stick with it, it'll be the best thing you could ever do for yourself.