Rock Your Resolution: January 2017 Challenge, Week 3 (1/15-1/21)

Options

Replies

• caseyjfer
    caseyjfer Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Week 3, and I'm down a bit more than 5 pounds as of Sunday, bringing my total weight loss for the year to 19.8 lbs. Nearly 20% of my goal knocked out in two weeks. Gonna keep adjusting calories every 10 lbs to keep up with the loss. Fingers crossed for short plateaus if any.

SW: 266
    CW: 246.2
    GW: 165

Scale weight is most of it for me, so as long as I keep dropping, I'll be a happy camper. The NSVs will come with the loss.
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Hi all, week 3 of being back at MFP but really very new to the LCHF arena. I'm loving the lack of crash/omg give me sugar in the late afternoon though. :)

I'm still playing with the carb number so bear with me as I'm learning here. I've gone from 200 plus a day to right now keeping net around 50. I don't know if that's right but that's what the body is putting up with so far. I managed to go up this week but I'm assuming that it's the water retention that I keep reading about? So I'll play with my sodium too.

At any rate, I'm on task to get under 200 this year. I've added in Nerd Fitness Rising Heros to help with the fitness aspect and have joined a therapy group for the brain part. I think this will give me a nice rounding to the generalization of losing weight and feeling better eh?
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    1/16: Carbs and weight are good. Got an outdoor jog in. Took my collagen. :)
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    I skipped coffee for 3 days and had 1 cup of decaf today. No headaches, just not very energetic. Got in good steps for the long weekend, logged all but one day.

Otherwise no complaints.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I've been doing really well lately, honestly. On track with food, exercise, etc. Back in "keto happy place." Scale bounced up a tad lately but I think it's water weight, just need to ride it out and KCKO.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options
    Not a lot to say. I'm logging daily, I'm exercising intensely daily. And the scale is still not impressed in the least. Oh well. The month isn't over. I'll just Keep Calm and Low-Carb On.
  • anglyn1
    Options
    1/17 check-in: Carbs good. Weight in range. At upper end. I think I've gotten glutened somewhere along the line. Super bloated with the usual symptoms. Fun times. I took a rest day yesterday. I did manage to get in my collagen.

Hopefully today I will feel up to doing my strength training workout. Tomorrow the weather is going to be super nice so hopefully an outdoor jog then. We'll see how it shakes out!
  • AngiesCookie
    AngiesCookie Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I started Keto at the beginning of the year, and I almost instantly got out of my 3-month plateau. Needless to say, I'm definitely sticking with it lol

The only issue I'm currently having is weekday lunches at work. Anybody have any favorite go-to meals?

I typically cook a bunch of stuff on the weekends, maybe have a few easier things to grill during the week and then I try to do leftovers at work! Otherwise, string cheese, hard boiled eggs, broccoli/Cauliflower & ranch.
  • AngiesCookie
    AngiesCookie Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Today I'm pretty pumped. MY Total Gym is getting delivered! Woot Woot! Time to Tone & shape up while I shake off this remaining 20.. ok 30 lbs.
    Today is day#3 with LC, lost 5.2lbs.
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Logged last night
    Jogged this morning
    Wearing my fitbit today (that IS the key to my level of activity)
    Going to the gym after work tonight.

Losses on the scale have stalled for a couple months but clothes that didn't fit in October, do fit now so that's ok too. I had 4 people ask me this week if I've lost more weight so the body shape changing is clearly going on.
  • christineellis
    christineellis Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    SW: 181.5 Jan 5
    CW: 172 Jan 19
    GW: 155 by June 1st ("No Kids" vacation to the Caribbean!)

Goals for January:
    1. Start logging food again
    2. Macro target - 70/20/10 (Fat/Protein/Carbs)
    3. 10k steps per day

I've been logging every day and sticking fairly close to macros - this plan is working! I have not been consistent with exercise yet. I have been on the stationary bike a few times, walked a few times, but not as regular as I should.

I had a colonoscopy on Tuesday - so with all the prep and whatnot, still managed to stay in ketosis and maybe dropped an extra pound there. Nothing serious - just turned 50 and have some family history of polyps, so needed to get it done!

Survived the party at our house over the weekend with just a couple of drinks and no party food! I have been eating a lot of provolone and salami - tastes good and easy to pack for work.
  • Scochrane86
    Scochrane86 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Scale is starting to slow down a bit, but I am still seeing progress so that is ok!
    I find I am getting more tired these days... any suggestions?
  • Scochrane86
    Scochrane86 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    awesome day today! Macros on point!
    xze708p83agh.png
  • anglyn1
    Options
    1/18 & 1/19: carbs good, weight in range. Collagen taken. Strength training last night and a jog tonight. :)
  • baconslave
    Options
    Scale is starting to slow down a bit, but I am still seeing progress so that is ok!
    I find I am getting more tired these days... any suggestions?

Are your electrolytes balanced? Getting enough sodium? 3,000-5,000mg daily?
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Love reading all the posts. It has not been a good time for me and reading upbeat progress reports really help my psyche. That said, I'm so far off course right now it is bumming me out. I've been nervous binging. Hate it. Going back to journaling today and have some walks planned for the weekend. My reset button is becoming a daily event. Saw a picture of myself yesterday, 25 pounds makes a huge difference on me. I look like a totally different person. It's time!!
  • baconslave
    Options
    Soooo...

It's Friday. I have a strength training day today courtesy of Hero 90 (Day 5). I'm a little behind on the calendar since I can't always workout 6 days a week. I'll try to workout tomorrow to catch up. But I absolutely must rest on Sunday. Muscles need rest. Even athletes have rest days. Sorry Coach Cozak...

I got about 2 hrs sleep last night. I don't usually get more than 4hrs of sleep due to the Sjogren's symptoms. Well 2 kids got me up last night, one being sick. So I'm dragging more than usual. The scale is still unimpressed. My calories are right. The licorice tea makes me bloat about 3lb of water. But without it I'm guaranteed eye pain at night. With I'm water bloaty and the chance of corneal damage is way lower.

Anyone know herbal stuff? Is there anything that can counteract it? Or something I can use instead. I visibly bloat in my thighs and belly significantly. It's freaky weird, and I don't like my pants being tight in weird places.
  • baconslave
    Options
    slimzandra wrote: »
    Love reading all the posts. It has not been a good time for me and reading upbeat progress reports really help my psyche. That said, I'm so far off course right now it is bumming me out. I've been nervous binging. Hate it. Going back to journaling today and have some walks planned for the weekend. My reset button is becoming a daily event. Saw a picture of myself yesterday, 25 pounds makes a huge difference on me. I look like a totally different person. It's time!!

Life can be so hard. Hang in there. I know you can do this.