Veggie Spiralizing

Options
Just finished using my Veggie Spiralizer for the first time. It's so fast and a great way to eat healthier, low-carb, low-fat foods (not to mention get more veggies into my diet). I sprayed a frying pan with cooking spray and sauteed zucchini, Baby Bella mushrooms, a bit of garlic, and a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes just until the noodles wilted a bit. Delish! I could eat the entire pan and not feel guilty either! ql85r7uamyhz.jpg

Spiralized veggies are a great substitution for high-calorie/carb pasta. Just place veggie noodles in boiling water for about a minute (so they wilt a bit), drain, and serve with your favorite toppings. Delicious and I don't even miss the pasta! That's a miracle for this Italian girl!

Replies

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Oh that sounds delicious! What type do you have? I've been wanting to get one..but haven't yet. I appreciate the tips you've shared! :smiley:

I see that HSN has Alli from Inspiralizer on next week, I think I'll watch that for more recipes and ideas. I get her newsletter and noticed that. Yum, that photo looks so tasty with the mushrooms added!
  • HLA_LovinMe
    HLA_LovinMe Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Walmart has a cheap-o spiralizer for like 5 bucks, and it's nice, cuz it opens up afterwards for easier cleaning.
  • beccahun1
    beccahun1 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I just bought one and used it for the first time too! I did zucchini with meatballs and spaghetti sauce. Even my zucchini-hating Dad enjoyed it!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    beccahun1 wrote: »
    I just bought one and used it for the first time too! I did zucchini with meatballs and spaghetti sauce. Even my zucchini-hating Dad enjoyed it!
    @beccahun1

Which one did you buy? That sounds good, how did you cook your zucchini or did you?
  • beccahun1
    beccahun1 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    @Hearts_2015 I bought a small oxo handheld one. All manual but a good starter piece.
    For that one I steamed them in the microwave.
    I did another one last night with plum sauce & cabbage. That I fried/steamed in a pan.
  • samuelgina91
    samuelgina91 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Well I don't have an actual tool but a cheap and effective way to get wide ribbon like noodles is using a veggie peeler. I tend to use it a lot during the summer after we grow zucchinis, and they are a great option. I especially like using it in stir fry with a peanut sauce on it.
  • ValleyHooper
    ValleyHooper Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    I have a Paderno World Cuisine Tri-Blade Vegetable Spiral Slicer. I bought it off of Amazon and I LOVE it. I use it all the time.
  • marelthu
    marelthu Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I bought one and I think it's a waste of money. You can do the same thing with a sharp knife (except for the spirals I guess).
  • Ketolover71
    Ketolover71 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    annem6806 wrote: »
    Just finished using my Veggie Spiralizer for the first time. It's so fast and a great way to eat healthier, low-carb, low-fat foods (not to mention get more veggies into my diet). I sprayed a frying pan with cooking spray and sauteed zucchini, Baby Bella mushrooms, a bit of garlic, and a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes just until the noodles wilted a bit. Delish! I could eat the entire pan and not feel guilty either! ql85r7uamyhz.jpg

Spiralized veggies are a great substitution for high-calorie/carb pasta. Just place veggie noodles in boiling water for about a minute (so they wilt a bit), drain, and serve with your favorite toppings. Delicious and I don't even miss the pasta! That's a miracle for this Italian girl!

I think you stole my recipe! Thats exactly how I eat mine! Except I saute in butter! Lchf! But I can live off them! I have also threw in bacon. Bam so tasty!
    (P.s. I was joking about stealing my recipe.)