Options
2»

Replies

• RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    If you are talking about heavy cream, it is about 6.4 grams of carbs per cup. If you are talking about cream cheese, that is generally 1-2 grams of carbs per 1 oz/2 TBSP serving, depending on brand.

Ha! Where did you find the per cup data?

Good to know - thanks!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    The cream cheese is from me watching packages. Generally the expensive stuff is lower, because it has less added whey. The generic brand and/or Aldi's brand lists 2 grams per serve, Philly lists 1 gram per serve. Main difference on ingredients is added/additional whey ... or something like xantham gum, which is pretty low on carbs, too.

The heavy cream - my favorite site is fatsecret.com. I've spent a lot of time on google, and that was the best site that was coming up for reliable data when I was hard keto about 2 years ago. You can adjust serving sizes to see the difference between an ounce and a cup, etc. It's really useful. usda.gov is another good site, if you learn how to search it well, but not as versatile in the serving size manipulation... @RalfLott
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    The cream cheese is from me watching packages. Generally the expensive stuff is lower, because it has less added whey. The generic brand and/or Aldi's brand lists 2 grams per serve, Philly lists 1 gram per serve. Main difference on ingredients is added/additional whey ... or something like xantham gum, which is pretty low on carbs, too.

The heavy cream - my favorite site is fatsecret.com. I've spent a lot of time on google, and that was the best site that was coming up for reliable data when I was hard keto about 2 years ago. You can adjust serving sizes to see the difference between an ounce and a cup, etc. It's really useful. usda.gov is another good site, if you learn how to search it well, but not as versatile in the serving size manipulation... @RalfLott

Great, thx! B)
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    @RalfLott - Any time, my friend!