TEAM SIX

Options

Replies

• azsundancer
    azsundancer Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    jdelaroy wrote: »
    Good morning and same to you.
    @azsundancer I added you to our tracking sheet. If you are keeping track.

Hi Team!

Thank you for including me @delaroy .. but I am focusing on tracking my cals and water for now. My weight yo- yo's continually and I need to get it going in the right direction. I <3 my team 6 and still with you all!
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. I ended up walking another 45 minutes, didn't resist all the munchies, but stayed within calorie goal. Did 30 minutes walking on the treadmill. Going roller skating today.
  • starjam25
    starjam25 Posts: 4,723 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. I ended up walking another 45 minutes, didn't resist all the munchies, but stayed within calorie goal. Did 30 minutes walking on the treadmill. Going roller skating today.

@jdelaroy how fun!! I haven't went roller skating in ages!! Hope you all had fun!
  • TrkyVic0327
    TrkyVic0327 Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    I took my measurements and will share them with you all tomorrow. My journal is still packed from going to see family this weekend. I'll get it out tomorrow and share. Thankful for our team Sixpack! :smiley:
  • starjam25
    Options
    and Thank you @GrandmaJackie for the words of encouragement! Today is day 12 and it's not gotten easy yet. We go out to eat lunch alot, if you want no caffeine and no sugar, all there is is water! And it's really hard when my husband and daughter drink soda.... so I'm looking forward to the day when it's habit!
  • starjam25
    Options
    Boy, seems like this weekend went really quick!! How can it be Sunday night already???

Did anyone do anything good this weekend?
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,191 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    starjam25 wrote: »
    Boy, seems like this weekend went really quick!! How can it be Sunday night already???

Yesterday, my husband and I went to a car show plus today we were about to get a nice walk in! What about you, :)

• PhedraJD
    Options
    @azsundancer No problem. We love hearing from you.

@TrkyVic0327 There is no need to share your measurements unless you want to. :) I just wanted everyone to have a starting point for the break period.

@starjam25 The weekend flew by. Saturday I did some extra mini challenges, tried the cardio video that was posted on here. Sunday and today I am sore as heck, and I only made it through the first 20 minutes. Wow! Sunday, went to the gym and then out to breakfast with my BF. I actually gave myself permission to indulge at breakfast. I only ended up eating about half of what I got for breakfast. Then there was the roller skating with the kids. It was a blast, we try to do it every weekend with them. Good family time, and great exercise. Plus it is close, decently priced, and I don't usually have time for the munchies.

@grandmajackie I love going for walks with my honey. In the summer time we go almost every other night.

I am leaving the first week open so you can still enter times, and points. week 2 is up but now I need challenges! I am also going to keep the cardio video as a bonus challenge. Ideas?

I would like to do a 2 veggie/fruit for one of the challenges..
  • TrkyVic0327
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I'm okay with sharing measurements. :smile: It's funny, but I feel more safe and secure sharing my measurements with y'all than I do with some of my own family! Maybe that's because I know y'all won't judge me. And I know that we're all after the same goal, to get healthier! Sometimes, I feel like the people in our lives that we come across do not have that goal in mind at all.
  • TrkyVic0327
    Options
    Measurements and taking stock for this 6 week stretch:

Neck: 14
    Bust: 40.5
    Chest: 35.5
    Top muffin: 39.5
    Waist: 41
    Bottom Muffin: 44.5
    Hips: 45.5
    Upper Arm: R - 13.5 L - 14
    Forearm: R - 10 L - 10
    Thigh: R - 26 L - 25
    Calf: R - 16 L - 16
    Pant size: 16/18
    Shirt size: some XL and a couple of Larges
    Energy level on a scale from 1 to 10 ( 1 being low and 10 high ): between a 4 - 5

• TrkyVic0327
    edited April 2017
    Options

My hubby, daughter, and I went home to celebrate all the birthdays with my hubby's side of the family. My birthday was the 27th of March, and it is right in the middle of a bunch of birthdays on that side of the family. We have a grandma's on the 22nd, a cousin's on the 26th, mine on the 27th, a grandpa's on the 29th, and another cousin's on the 1st of April. We like to come together on the weekend after the grandpa's and sing happy birthday to all the birthday people. We all go to church together, because Grandpa's family being in church with him is probably what makes him happiest. :smiley: I sang a special song during service and for the first time ever, got to see Grandpa sing a special too! I cried like a baby! :blush: It was a pretty awesome weekend! We had a lot of fun, but I can say without a doubt that my eating was pretty horrible. It was high in protein though, but there weren't a lot of veggies aside from some green beans, which I tried to load my plate with. I did indulge in some cake, but it was super yummy and I feel like a could go awhile without sweets.

Today, we are state testing once again with my 4th grader. She went into the testing room about 30 minutes ago, and I'm hoping she does well. It's Math, which is her strongest subject, so I'm feeling confident that she will do well. :smiley: We still don't have any food in the house from being gone, so I'll try and make good decisions with the take out that we will inevitably get after the testing is over. Tomorrow is trash day, so I'm hoping to really clean out the refrigerator tonight and get it ready for some good fresh food this week. To say that we need a reset in our kitchen is putting it mildly. So I'm excited for the opportunity to do that this week! Sorry, I am rambling! LOL! :lol: Thanks for "listening."

Happy Monday!

Vicki
  • TrkyVic0327
    Options
    Maybe a water challenge, @jdelaroy ? I'm doing really sucky with drinking my water lately. Something like, drink at least 64 oz of water a day for 5 days? Or something like that.
  • TrkyVic0327
    Options

Yesterday, my husband and I went to a car show plus today we were about to get a nice walk in! What about you, :)

Sounds like fun! I love going to car shows! Especially with my grandpa and hubby. They like to tell me all the specs of the different cars and the history behind some of their favorites. I don't think I'd enjoy it nearly as much without those little tidbits. :smile:

I hope the weather is beautiful for your walk today!

• PhedraJD
    Options
    Alright so our challenges will be:

2 fruits or veggies for 5 days (5 points)
    Drink at least 64 ounces of water per day for 5 days (5 points)
    Move for 5 miles during the week. However you want to, as long as you do it physically.

• GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,191 Member
    Options

Move for 5 miles during the week. However you want to, as long as you do it physically.

Jennifer, love, love the challenges!!!
  • starjam25
    Options

My boss and her husband go to car shows all the time and she's always saying how much he loves them and she finds them "interesting". So do you enjoy them or find them "interesting"? I've never been to one, so I have no idea, but any date with my husband is always good!

I didn't do anything interesting this weekend which is why I was so surprised it was over so quick. I don't do good in heat and it was a hot weekend, so other then sitting with the grandkids in the little tiny kiddie pool, I didn't do much. Tried to talk my husband into seeing Beauty and the Beast but he wanted to go for a hike instead, so I went to the gym. Not very exciting......
  • starjam25
    Options

My hubby, daughter, and I went home to celebrate all the birthdays with my hubby's side of the family. My birthday was the 27th of March, and it is right in the middle of a bunch of birthdays on that side of the family. We have a grandma's on the 22nd, a cousin's on the 26th, mine on the 27th, a grandpa's on the 29th, and another cousin's on the 1st of April. We like to come together on the weekend after the grandpa's and sing happy birthday to all the birthday people. We all go to church together, because Grandpa's family being in church with him is probably what makes him happiest. :smiley: I sang a special song during service and for the first time ever, got to see Grandpa sing a special too! I cried like a baby! :blush: It was a pretty awesome weekend! We had a lot of fun, but I can say without a doubt that my eating was pretty horrible. It was high in protein though, but there weren't a lot of veggies aside from some green beans, which I tried to load my plate with. I did indulge in some cake, but it was super yummy and I feel like a could go awhile without sweets.

Today, we are state testing once again with my 4th grader. She went into the testing room about 30 minutes ago, and I'm hoping she does well. It's Math, which is her strongest subject, so I'm feeling confident that she will do well. :smiley: We still don't have any food in the house from being gone, so I'll try and make good decisions with the take out that we will inevitably get after the testing is over. Tomorrow is trash day, so I'm hoping to really clean out the refrigerator tonight and get it ready for some good fresh food this week. To say that we need a reset in our kitchen is putting it mildly. So I'm excited for the opportunity to do that this week! Sorry, I am rambling! LOL! :lol: Thanks for "listening."

Happy Monday!

Vicki

@trkyvic0327 That's a lot of birthdays in a short amount of time, but it sounds like you are all somewhat close, so it's wonderful that you can all get together! What special memories! Families are the best <3

Good luck with your daughter!!! I remember those days....

And you're always welcome to ramble here, love to hear how things are going, so ramble on!
  • starjam25
    Options
    I know we have our challenges for the week, but I have one I've been doing, and it's tough but a great "workout"!

When you brush your teeth, do a wall sit! (I think that's what they are called...) I've been doing it almost every time I brush my teeth, and I can almost do it for the entire time! I know not everyone can do those, so we can come up with something else too, but I thought I'd throw this out for next time. What do you all think?
  • starjam25
    Options

Jennifer, love, love the challenges!!!

@jdelaroy perfect!! And thank you for not making them consecutive days! Non-Consecutive days are always better, I always got discouraged when I missed a day in the middle and couldn't get the points....