Like Minded Lushes - February 2017

Options
SoCalWoman
SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
Ok....1 month down. Short one coming up. Anyone have special goals for February?

Replies

• SoCalWoman
    Options
    Hope you don't mind, Robin...started a new one. Figured you had your hands full getting back to work. :/

I contemplated doing a no booze February but quickly told myself that was ridiculous. We have our 30th wedding anniversary coming up...so yeah....there will be booze. :drinker:
    I do want to up my exercise though. It's been mostly cardio/yoga/pilates and I've been hesitant to go back to the heavy weights since my shoulder injury...but I think it's time.
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    You just made me laugh..."contemplated a no-booze February but quickly told myself that was ridiculous" HA! Spoken like a true lush!!
    The only good thing about being sick is that I'm not real hungry and alcohol doesn't sound real good....What?? :o
    Monday - 1 red wine
    Tuesday - 0
    Wednesday -0
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Yeah, my January semi-sober was somewhat a bust. I found that when I didn't drink during the week, I'd make up on the weekends. I'm trying to stick to more moderation, and if I end up having a drink or two most nights, so be it.

My goal for February is to lose at least 2 pounds. I thought maybe I could lose 5 in January. I lost my 2 pound holiday bloat and that was it. My plan is to achieve this through moderation of booze, eating less (this is key for me), and no snacking after dinner (I have started a bad habit with this one). I'm also going to try to up my cardio i.e. running and intervals and put less focus on the yoga. I still want to do it, but I'm stressing myself out about finding my "perfect practice".

Mon - 0
    Tues - I opened a bottle of red and drank about 3 glasses
    Wed - Langston was bad yesterday. I had 2 mules
    Thurs - not sure. Eric is going to happy hour. I may drink ciders. I may end up opening wine.
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Sydney- thanks for starting the thread! I am hoping February will be the month where I finally get back on track.
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Goals for February.....just keep exercising, not drinking Mon-Thurs. Feel super chubby and I have actually been behaving :grumble: We have been trying to eat out once a week to save $$. I am thinking maybe only eating out 2x a month to help save my waistline :wink:

Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-0
    Thursday-0
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Goal for February, sort out my nutrition - eat what I know I should in order to get the body I want....easy right :D

Monday 0
    Tuesday 0
    Wednesday, a very naughty glass of wine, but hey, I didn't spontaneously combust by mixing alcohol with my meds so may do it again some time.
    Thursday 0
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Mon - 0
    Tues - 3
    Wed - 2
    Thurs - a bottle of red minus a small glass so that's probably a fair 4.

I was looking back at my diary (when I logged) back in the spring when I was about the weight I'd like to be. I was drinking almost every day. But my portions were smaller and instead of eating after dinner, I was drinking! I have a plan! :drinker:
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Ashley, I LOVE your pic...super impressive!!!

Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-0
    Thursday-0
    Friday-margarita/sunset walk, then probably another margarita with dinner and a Manhattan night cap-3 is the limit.
    Planning on getting up early tomorrow and going for a nice walk, then drawer and cabinet organizing. Trying to limit 6 drinks.
    Sunday-not much planned we have some rain coming in, so probably clean a bit. Again, trying to limit drinks to 6.
    Happy Aloha Friday!
    Have a great weekend!!!
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Monday 0
    Tuesday 0
    Wednesday 1 glass of wine
    Thursday 0
    Friday 1 kiwi and lime cider

Happy weekend lushes
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Thanks Katie! I didn't think I could do a one handed hand stand....I cheated by pulling on my door frame with my foot a little. :)

We had a friend over Friday for dinner and hot tub. I had a mule, probably 4 ciders and the 3 of us split a bottle of wine. I was feeling good but we went to bed before midnight and I felt pretty good Saturday. We had our play Saturday night and had a cocktail and 1/2 bottle of wine at dinner, 1.5 glasses of wine during the show and 2 small cocktails after. Nothing at home and went to bed as soon as we got home. Yesterday I had 2 beers at lunch but then came home and did food prep and ran 2 miles, then had a bloody mary and 3 ciders while smoking wings and watching football.

0 tonight. Not sure about the rest of the week. Friday will be mellow, nothing planned for Saturday and I am hosting a baby shower Sunday.

Have a great week lushes!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Very impressive pic Ashley!
    I probably had a whole bottle of wine yesterday but went to bed early. So a little over 2 bottles Fri-Sun. I'm out of wine so it'll be a 0 tonight unless I go out and get some...which I'm thinking I won't do.
    We're spending 3 days at the beach in our favorite hotel for our (30th!) anniversary this weekend so it couldn't hurt to crack down on my diet this week and maybe get a few 0s.
    Have a good week!
  • kblue2007
    Options
    30 years, CONGRATS! That's awesome!!!!

Well, my plan didn't quite turn out as planned BUT I didn't do too bad.
    Friday, we opted out of our sunset walk to go to Maui Brewing Co because they had a special release. So 1/2 beer before we left, 1 at MBC, 1 margarita, 2 Manhattans and 1 glass of Crown Royal-2 more that planned.
    Saturday-we cleaned and Skyped-1 beer, 3 vodka/sprites, 3 Manhattans-1 over
    Sunday-we Skyped some more, did some food prep, went for a little beach walk. It was a nice day. 1 beer, 2 vodka tonics, 3 Manhattans-right on track.
    Monday-0

Have a great day everyone!!!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Thanks all.

Congrats Sydney!

Monday - 0
    Not sure about tonight. I got a fitbit and I'm thinking a good motivation to get my 10k steps in is wine. I'm planning on running during lunch on the treadmill so that should help get me there.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    I have a Garmin fitness tracker and it does help motivate you. It also has helped me verify how sh!tty my sleep is :|
    Monday-0 maybe some wine tonight but I might go for another 0.
  • gwenm4
    gwenm4 Posts: 127 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    My goal is moderation. I can't see myself giving up wine ... but the empty calories do "weigh" on me (both mind and body). Trying to stick to one glass of wine at night during the week, with one night off and then not go too crazy on the weekend. I know it's my crux as I am not a foodie and pretty much stick to a 1200 cal diet (and too much of it is liquid!)

Goal is to get back on track and count my calories and drink less.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Hi gwen...welcome! We all can relate and try to support each other.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Hi Gwen!!!!

Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
  • gwenm4
    gwenm4 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Back on MyFitnessPal and under calories today - with 1.25 glasses of red wine. Good to be back on track.

Monday - 1
    Tuesday - 1.25
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Ended up buying a bunch of wine for the weekend festivities...set aside 1 bottle to enjoy this week.
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-1
    Wednesday-1 as long as I get my workout in
  • Kittyfeliz
    Kittyfeliz Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Ashley - That picture is LEGIT! I love yoga but right now I'm just focusing on trying to get my heels down in down dog. Years of yoga (not very consistent obviously) and I've never been able to do that, my ankles and calves are so tight which I'm finding is a problem now with SL 5x5 because my squats are the worst. Getting better though.

Welcome Gwen!!

Sydney - 30 years, that's amazing!

My goals for February... I don't really want to say lose pounds since the scale is not my friend while weightlifting but maybe just lose some fat so I can see a little more muscle definition and also to stick to 1500 calories a day during the week and add some moderation to my weekends (they usually end up a free-for-all which is sooo bad). It's pretty exciting, I'm already able to feel (and see just sliiiightly) a difference in my arms and shoulders (in the right light LOL) and a bit more in my legs. I've got muscles!! Somewhere underneath it all. LOL

Monday - 2 glasses of white
    Tuesday - 2 glasses of red
    Wednesday - Gym time in an hour! We'll see where the night takes us later.