Like Minded Lushes - February 2017

Options

Replies

• amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    So I'm new to the MFP community. I did a search for "wine" and up this thread popped. So does this mean I am not the only one who struggles to lose weight and LOVES wine? This just may be the thread I need. :) Mind if I join???

You are definitely not alone! It is a delicate balancing act - to drink and lose weight...I have no secrets to give but I can say welcome to a fellow lush!! :)
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Good morning lushes. I had a great weekend. Mostly. Friday night we went to a crappy restaurant and I ate bad for me food that wasn't even that good....but the weekend improved from there! I took the kids home and drank a bottle of champagne and watched a mediocre movie. Saturday Eric and I did a 4 mile run with the kids and then had an early lunch with a beer. We had a couple more and watched basketball and walked up for an early dinner. I drank slowly all day and got over 20k steps in so fell asleep on the couch at 9:45. Got woken up around 12:30 because Langston threw up in his bed. It was just the once so that was good. Especially since we hosted a baby shower yesterday. I drank the most yesterday. I made pink lemonade margaritas: tequila, triple sec, pink lemonade and champagne. They were tasty. Then we finished off a bottle of wine and had a couple beers in the hot tub. Stayed up too late watching the Grammys. Feel OK today, just tired. I'll have my usual Monday 0 and then see about the rest of the week. Have a great week!
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Welcome Phoenix! This is a wonderful group of individuals who share and care for one another. You will love it! Read earlier in this thread for some bio's of some of us.

I intend to limit myself this week, I have my annual physical coming up so am motivated to watch what I eat and drink. That, and the fact that spring will get here eventually should keep me focused. Right? :drinker:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Grabbing a small moment of free time to catch up. I am Robin and well into my 50's. I have two daughters Sabrina (Brie) 32 and Holly 31. two granddaughters from Brie - Olivia 5 and Andelane 3. they all live in Las Vegas while I live in Lake Stevens WA. My two stepsons 27 and 29 live in Sacrament. Doug is my third husband.( I think I finally got it right) We have been together almost 18 years and got married on our 10 year anniversary so this May will be our 8th. I am a computer nerd/Staff Analyst for the Boeing company and as the company downsizes my work statement upsizes. I joined my fitness pal in 2010. And Papa Lush (Dave Surly) started a thread. After a couple of months he handed it off and I took it up. Yvonne moved us into the group arena. The thread was started because of all the haters out there who would give you a ration of sh1t on this site if you mentioned having a drink. We don't judge. We encourage. And when one of us is really lushing it up we live vicariously thru them. You can usually count on me to lush it up.
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    "Thumbs up!" on what Robin said!
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    No time for hating, only lushing!!
    Monday - 1 delicious glass of red wine
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Well said Robin!

Monday - 0
    Tonight we're making bacon wrapped shrimp and mushroom risotto so wine will be had. I also got some good dark chocolate. It's not OK to eat dark chocolate without red wine....
  • rjadams
    Options
    last night was a lot of pomegranate juice and vodka. so yummy. That was essentially my dinner. oh well. :ohwell:
  • gwenm4
    gwenm4 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Happy Valentine's Day to all!

Monday=0
    Tonight I am making chicken parm (low cal) and there will be a bottle of good red opened - and likely finished tonight.

So glad I found this group!
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Hey Peeps!!!!
    Had a less than eventful weekend. It was nice though. Lots of drinks were had!

Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
  • gwenm4
    gwenm4 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone had a happy Valentine's Day!

Monday = 0
    Tues = 3
  • rjadams
    Options
    a bottle of white for VD. Doug made some delicious baby back ribs (no sauce just good spices) It was a good day.
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi my lushes!
    Back from our anniversary getaway and we had a great time at the beach. The weather was beautiful. (Check out the sunset profile pic!) We spent a lot of time walking everywhere which is always good considering the amount of food we eat. :o
    I don't feel like I drank too much and we actually came home with a lot of alcohol which is a good sign. I had one hung over-ish kind of morning after an evening that included whiskey. And one day of drinking tequila with our friends that met us...but stopped at 3 drinks so by evening I was fine. Otherwise I sipped on wine. Including a beautiful $40 bottle of Cab the hotel gave us for our anniversary.
    I ate way more than usual though so it's back to logging my meals and exercising. I think I just had my 5 year anniversary here at MFP too...so it's time to tackle this plateau that I've been on forever.
    Glad to see everyone else is hanging in there. :drinker:
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Great pic, Sydney!!!!!

Monday-0
    Tuesday-0-although Lenny mentioned having a drink about 5 x's
    Wednesday-0
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Hi Lushes! My February goal is to actually keep up with this thread like I used to and to post more! Work has gotten more and more busy, so I generally just check-in to my MFP app instead of actually logging onto the site. My other goal for February is to only drink on Friday nights (and maybe Saturdays)...and 0's Monday-Thursday. And to workout more consistently!

I like these bios I've been reading through. Welcome new Lushes! This is a great group to be a part of! No negativity here!

My little bio: I'm Bridget and I just turned 30 on January 31st! I'm happily married to my husband (Matt) of 5 years (been together 8 years), but we do not have any children...except for our fur babies - Gemma (2 yr. old German Shepherd mix *rescue pup*) & Rocky (6 year old Ragdoll cat). I'm a Kansas girl, born & raised in Wichita (still where I live). My husband is a Law Enforcement Officer (for 7 years now) and I work as a paralegal at a law firm (where I've worked for 10 years now). I joined MFP many years ago, I believe 6? I could be wrong, and I'm too lazy to look. I really love wine & craft beers - also I love food. I enjoy cooking and I find it relaxing. I've recently decided to only drink on the weekends and try to eat healthier because I have gained a couple of lbs. that I would like to lose. Matt & I are going to Hawaii in June to visit my friend who lives there & I couldn't be more excited!

Honestly, I'm kind of boring. I am a major homebody & I love nothing more than curling up on the couch, drinking some wine & hanging out with my animals while I watch Netflix. LOL. Just being honest! I do love being a part of this group & I will be on here more!! :)
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Bridget, which island are you going to???? Don't forget we are on Maui :bigsmile:
  • bgrune131
    Options
    Kate, we are going to the big island. We fly into Kona! I wish we'd be able to meet!!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Hey lushes. I've had a pretty good week, although the scale did not tell me so this morning.... :s

Mon - 0
    Tues - we drank 2 bottles of wine so 4
    Wed - a miraculous 0! I thought about making a mule, but decided not to.

Tonight is work happy hour but not sure if I am going or not. Eric was going to go to happy hour but he left for work at 6 so I told him he shouldn't go or he wouldn't see the kids today really... Hmmm.... We'll see. Either way I'll probably have some drinks.

Nothing much planned for the weekend. Daphne's first swim lesson Saturday morning and probably another long run after. Plans with a couple friends potentially later in the day.
  • rjadams
    Options
    Bridget, I am a major homebody too. I didn't used to be but now I am. I love the pic Syd. I am plodding along in our very soggy weather. (Actually I like it) Last night was 1 vodka pom and a bunch of crackers and raspberry chipotle smoked salmon dip that I made and needs to be eaten.

Have a great day lushes.
  • bgrune131
    Options
    Robin, I love being a homebody. I like my alone time, which people think is weird, but I'm ok with that. To top it off, I'm a pretty shy person until I get comfortable with you & I'm a major introvert. I don't know where I get it because my brother & Dad are major extroverts and can make friends anywhere!

I've managed 0's all week so far. Thursday is always the hardest because there is nothing I would love more than a couple glasses (i.e. a bottle, let's be real) of wine at the end of the day!

Today the high is going to be 70 which is awesome for the middle of February in Kansas!! So, I plan on taking my little puppy girl on a long walk tonight. She LOVES walks (but what dog doesn't?).

Hope everyone has a wonderful Thursday!