Russell stovers sugar free

Options
krazyforyou
krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
edited February 2017 in Social Groups
These are the chocolate covered coconut pieces. But facts states 28 carbs, minus fiber at 2, and sugar alcohol at 26 equals 0 carbs. Is this right or am I crazy?

Replies

• Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    that's right! and if you eat enough of any Russell Stover candies it also will go right through you.. fast!

This. I can have two pieces...3 requires a run to the restroom. I don't even bother anymore :)
  • lisajuly
    lisajuly Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Cadori wrote: »
    that's right! and if you eat enough of any Russell Stover candies it also will go right through you.. fast!

This. I can have two pieces...3 requires a run to the restroom. I don't even bother anymore :)

My limit is 2 also
  • Juliegray1963
    Juliegray1963 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I tried it. Its nasty and ran right through me!
  • BishopLord
    BishopLord Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Be careful with those. They're full of stuff that's not good for you and they have a laxative effect if you eat too much of them.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I tried some of those way back in my early days and found they triggered serious sugar cravings. It was hard to eat just one or two.
    I had to stop buying all that stuff.
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Ugh Russell Stover, terrible abdominal bloating with those suckers. Hard pass.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I might have to try these. (I haven't yet experienced negative effects from sugar free candies but we'll see!)
  • catluvgal
    catluvgal Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Great for the night before weigh days! Wheee!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    catluvgal wrote: »

Not for me! In fact, they always make the scale go up. Sadly (?) Sugar alcohols don't cause the scoots for me, just gas, bloating, pain and water retention. :smile:
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    catluvgal wrote: »

@catluvgal - Actually, the opposite is true. While you'll have a blow out, so to speak, you also create a horrible inflammation system and generally retain water while the body sorts itself out. I have a feeling this was intended to be funny, but...just wanted to add this info.
  • Lillith32
    Lillith32 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I absolutely love the coconut ones. I'd rather eat them than binge on real sweets, so once in a while when the cravings hit (damn you, shark week) I will get them and ration like crazy.
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    I'd rather make my own dark chocolate organic coconut fat bombs.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options

Early on, I made a couple of fat bombs with 100% cocoa powder, coconut oil, coconut, slivered almonds and a few drops of stevia. They were delicious. Sadly, I'm no better moderating my intake with those than I was with real candies. They were almost just like an Almond Joy. Deliciously awesome tasty stuff. :)
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »

Early on, I made a couple of fat bombs with 100% cocoa powder, coconut oil, coconut, slivered almonds and a few drops of stevia. They were delicious. Sadly, I'm no better moderating my intake with those than I was with real candies. They were almost just like an Almond Joy. Deliciously awesome tasty stuff. :)

Yep, me too! Tried sweet fat bombs once near the beginning of my Low Carb maintenance journey and ATE THEM ALL one after the other, even though I stored them away after each one. AND I gained a bunch of (temporary weight) from the experience. Never again.
  • EMuram09
    EMuram09 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    :) It's good about other people finding out that eating Russell Stowers sugar free candies meant an immediate rush for the bathroom. Never again. I learned my lesson.
  • geraldinehighfield
    Options
    I wish I had the side affects...I can never go